The normalisation of the far-right continues

Guest Bob Mahelp

1 hour ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Trust me GD, as someone who locks these up, there are many, many "indigenous" offenders who don't even draw the line at blood relations. And yes, they do like to share.
The only categories of offender where we have a disproportionate number of BAME customers are high level drug offences and TACT offenders.
This is in the high security estate,mind, so figure may be different further down the criminal food chain. I doubt it, mind.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/quilliam-grooming-gangs-report-asian-abuse-rotherham-rochdale-newcastle-a8101941.html

This is a study that highlights the problem.

Vulnerable young women have and are being groomed and it has and still is being ignored because authorities are concerned of being accused of racism.  It is shocking in its own right and, as I said in my initial post on this, plays right into the hands of right wing politicians and their supporters.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/quilliam-grooming-gangs-report-asian-abuse-rotherham-rochdale-newcastle-a8101941.html

This is a study that highlights the problem.

Vulnerable young women have and are being groomed and it has and still is being ignored because authorities are concerned of being accused of racism.  It is shocking in its own right and, as I said in my initial post on this, plays right into the hands of right wing politicians and their supporters.

It's terrible that these crimes weren't investigated properly, especially if it was due to racial sensitivity directives, but it's not a new thing that only applies to that community. It's been ignored by the police and other high ups for decades, centuries probably, usually because some of the officials were taking part in the exploitation.

Edited by welshbairn

The % of people convicted of sexual abuse on underage people in the UK by ethnic origin falls, pretty much, in line with the % make up of the UK. 5% of the UK is of Asian descent and 4% of convictions are against people of Asian descent (there are, I believe from memory, 8% of convictions where race isn't mentioned or are class as mixed race but the presumption seems to be that % follows the same pattern).

What seems to be an issue is that these gangs in Rotherham, etc are almost exclusively Pakistani-British and are, obviously, high profile cases. This makes folk mistakenly believe it's a Pakistani only problem. Obviously it isn't. It's just that when white folk done it it's usually done through some kind of organisation and a bit better organised.

It does, however, let absolute wankers like Robinson claim he only cares about the poor wee lassies while only blowing his dog whistle at Muslims and conveniently ignoring, for instance, the Church of England scandal that's currently ongoing, affects more victims, has been going on longer and he has been nowhere near.

If folk wanted to look at skewed figures that show one group of the population is more likely to sexually abuse children they should probably be looking at men.

3 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

The % of people convicted of sexual abuse on underage people in the UK by ethnic origin falls, pretty much, in line with the % make up of the UK. 5% of the UK is of Asian descent and 4% of convictions are against people of Asian descent (there are, I believe from memory, 8% of convictions where race isn't mentioned or are class as mixed race but the presumption seems to be that % follows the same pattern).

What seems to be an issue is that these gangs in Rotherham, etc are almost exclusively Pakistani-British and are, obviously, high profile cases. This makes folk mistakenly believe it's a Pakistani only problem. Obviously it isn't. It's just that when white folk done it it's usually done through some kind of organisation and a bit better organised.

It does, however, let absolute wankers like Robinson claim he only cares about the poor wee lassies while only blowing his dog whistle at Muslims and conveniently ignoring, for instance, the Church of England scandal that's currently ongoing, affects more victims, has been going on longer and he has been nowhere near.

If folk wanted to look at skewed figures that show one group of the population is more likely to sexually abuse children they should probably be looking at men.

Where are these figures from?  I’m not disputing them but would be interested in a source.

I assume these figures are combining peadophilia with child grooming.  They are two distinct things though each as despicable as the other.

The study I quoted is fact based.  There are folk on here that want to ignore the facts because these facts don’t suit them.

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Where are these figures from?  I’m not disputing them but would be interested in a source.

I assume these figures are combining peadophilia with child grooming.  They are two distinct things though each as despicable as the other.

The study I quoted is fact based.  There are folk on here that want to ignore the facts because these facts don’t suit them.

Most paedophilia involves an element of grooming unless it's straightforward rape or the victims are infants. I don't think you can draw a line between the two.

Yer gonnae need to forgive me as I can't find it offhand right now but I recall it was from the .gov website, referred to England and Wales and was from figures up to and including 2013 (so entirely comfortable agreeing that the convictions from the "grooming gang" cases have a chance of causing those figures to change somewhat)

I'll have a proper hunt for it in the afternoon when I aint as busy

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Most paedophilia involves an element of grooming unless it's straightforward rape or the victims are infants. I don't think you can draw a line between the two.

It seems that those carrying out the studies can differentiate.

Granny Danger's right to point out the difference between the two. Even ignoring the psychological differences between, say, a paedophile and an hebephile, it's  seen to be the case that most paedophiles (in the truest sense: people with a sexual attraction to pre-pubescent children) don't actually act on it as they know it's wrong. "Groomers" are just an evil subsection of misogynists who view women as nothing but a hole to f**k so, to them, the more vulnerable a woman is to abuse they are more likely to go for it. Girls with a shitey, troubled home life yearning for a positive influence are suckered in by these arseholes and groomed to be more compliant and less likely to grass them up.

The ways to deal with either one, and the ways their victims need to be safeguarded, are entirely different. The figures I recalled were for all under age abuses so would contain both. Although, in a macro sense, it is splitting hairs to a degree.

On 26/11/2018 at 10:51, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Granny Danger's right to point out the difference between the two. Even ignoring the psychological differences between, say, a paedophile and an hebephile, it's  seen to be the case that most paedophiles (in the truest sense: people with a sexual attraction to pre-pubescent children) don't actually act on it as they know it's wrong. "Groomers" are just an evil subsection of misogynists who view women as nothing but a hole to f**k so, to them, the more vulnerable a woman is to abuse they are more likely to go for it. Girls with a shitey, troubled home life yearning for a positive influence are suckered in by these arseholes and groomed to be more compliant and less likely to grass them up.

The ways to deal with either one, and the ways their victims need to be safeguarded, are entirely different. The figures I recalled were for all under age abuses so would contain both. Although, in a macro sense, it is splitting hairs to a degree.

In other words, women are stupid and are constantly outwitted and controlled by men?

What's new?

Linkage

Yaxley-Lennon supporting pupil bullies a Syrian refugee kid about half his size. Seemingly this is all over Social Media now. Absolute vermin like Yaxley-Lennon need to be stamped on, f**k their "freedom of speach".

This type of cuntery is going to become more common both due to the clusterfuck that is Brexit, and the mainstream media trying to legitimise c***s like Y-L as politicians, instead of the lowlife scum they actually are. 

15 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

Linkage

Yaxley-Lennon supporting pupil bullies a Syrian refugee kid about half his size. Seemingly this is all over Social Media now. Absolute vermin like Yaxley-Lennon need to be stamped on, f**k their "freedom of speach".

This type of cuntery is going to become more common both due to the clusterfuck that is Brexit, and the mainstream media trying to legitimise c***s like Y-L as politicians, instead of the lowlife scum they actually are. 

I think we have made progress in recent years in terms of standing up to hate crimes; that should be recognised and applauded but it certainly doesn’t mean we have come close to eradicating the problem.

Racism, sexism, homophobia and xenophobia are lurking just below the surface for many people and it doesn’t take much for people to feel that their actions are some how justified when they hear the bile spouted by the far right.

On 23/11/2018 at 20:41, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Trust me GD, as someone who locks these up, there are many, many "indigenous" offenders who don't even draw the line at blood relations. And yes, they do like to share.
The only categories of offender where we have a disproportionate number of BAME customers are high level drug offences and TACT offenders.
This is in the high security estate,mind, so figure may be different further down the criminal food chain. I doubt it, mind.

On 26/11/2018 at 09:57, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Yer gonnae need to forgive me as I can't find it offhand right now but I recall it was from the .gov website, referred to England and Wales and was from figures up to and including 2013 (so entirely comfortable agreeing that the convictions from the "grooming gang" cases have a chance of causing those figures to change somewhat)

I'll have a proper hunt for it in the afternoon when I aint as busy

Interesting contributions.

There were specific allegations in Rotheram that complaints weren't investigated because of a fear of offending.

This is a different point from the question of whether there is a cultural issue behind the offending in the first place.

The right try to conflate the two ("they won't investigate the muslim grooming problem"); don't fall into the trap.