The normalisation of the far-right continues

Guest Bob Mahelp

49 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Ok, i'll play, even though i should know better. 

It is fair to say that the US is trying to make abortions illegal, although that contention needs qualified by adding "in states where there's a majority of book burning creationist nutters". 

You would be "exposing a  double standard*" if there was a double standard. Very few people that favour vaccines dispute that they should be voluntary. Pro-choice campaigners generally do not spread made up shit of facebook about 5g or nanobots being a consequence of pregnancy. I find the atrempt to draw a false equivalence here quite distasteful to be honest. 

*bonus troll points for self important pomposity. 

Play?  This isn’t a game, but a good faith discussion.  Well, it is at my end anyway, but I can’t say the same for Welshy.

The US isn’t trying to make abortions illegal (unfortunately) - only some of the States are.

Ill ignore your ignorant remarks about book burning creationist nutters, 5G and nanobots.  Perhaps these was all part of your game-playing.  They certainly aren’t constructive anyway.

There is indeed a double standard.  People say a woman should always get to decide what happens to their body in terms of abortion (even though there’s 2 bodies) yet the same people don’t say the same when it comes to vaccines.

This is what I believe Foxy was getting at.

It really is that simple.

Edited by Duries Air Freshener

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

Ok, i'll play, even though i should know better. 

It is fair to say that the US is trying to make abortions illegal, although that contention needs qualified by adding "in states where there's a majority of book burning creationist nutters". 

You would be "exposing a  double standard*" if there was a double standard. Very few people that favour vaccines dispute that they should be voluntary. Pro-choice campaigners generally do not spread made up shit of facebook about 5g or nanobots being a consequence of pregnancy. I find the atrempt to draw a false equivalence here quite distasteful to be honest. 

*bonus troll points for self important pomposity. 

This is of course, correct.

Creationists have got a foot in the door. They've already started with their prayers in schools nonsense.

They've been trying to get intelligent design taught in science classes for decades. So far it's been pushed back because there's absolutely zero empirical evidence for it.

Unfortunately the momentum and money lies with the creationists.

2 hours ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Play?  This isn’t a game, but a good faith discussion.  Well, it is at my end anyway, but I can’t say the same for Welshy.

The US isn’t trying to make abortions illegal (unfortunately) - only some of the States are.

Ill ignore your ignorant remarks about book burning creationist nutters, 5G and nanobots.  Perhaps these was all part of your game-playing.  They certainly aren’t constructive anyway.

There is indeed a double standard.  People say a woman should always get to decide what happens to their body in terms of abortion (even though there’s 2 bodies) yet the same people don’t say the same when it comes to vaccines.

This is what I believe Foxy was getting at.

It really is that simple.

My remarks are highly informed and not ignorant. I'll thank you not to ignore them. 

Sorry i called you a nutter. Not all book burning creationist anti vaxxers are nutters. Many are just really stupid. 

6 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Nicely dodged.

You made one salient point

2 hours ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Which i had already addressed. 

Hardly anyone says that people shouldn't have the right to choose not to be vaccinated. Lots of people did say that people who made that choice did so for reasons which don't stand up to any scrutiny. 

You say you want a debate but ignore any arguments put to you. 

You have a pet name for that lawrence Fox character. 

Coprolite's verdict: troll. 

I could be mistaken (I often am) but I am not aware of any country, even with mandatory vaccinations, where refusing a vaccine would lead to any sort of criminal prosecution. There may be places where unvaccinated people may be excluded from certain aspects of society but they would have weighed up the choices and given up those rights but remaining unvaccinated. 

In America, however, women (depending on state) can be charged with a crime for seeking an abortion. This includes leaving the state or country to where abortion is legal to receive one. Before Woe v Rade was repealed there were already numerous occasions when women were charged, prosecuted and imprisoned for having miscarriages. 

It's a false comparison made by idiots.

34 minutes ago, coprolite said:

You made one salient point

Which i had already addressed. 

Hardly anyone says that people shouldn't have the right to choose not to be vaccinated. Lots of people did say that people who made that choice did so for reasons which don't stand up to any scrutiny. 

You say you want a debate but ignore any arguments put to you. 

You have a pet name for that lawrence Fox character. 

Coprolite's verdict: troll. 

I disagree mate, people do tell others they must be 'vaccinated', on a regular basis.

Anyway, I'm afraid you can't shake off the label of 'dodger' that easily.  You've still not addressed my points, which are as follows:

"I think it’s unfair to say the US are trying to make abortions illegal.  All that’s happened is it’s been brought back to the States, adhering to the constitution and allowing democracy to actually take place."

The above hasn't been sufficiently addressed.  Some States do not equate to a whole country.

Another point you've dodged, is the following:

"There is indeed a double standard.  People say a woman should always get to decide what happens to their body in terms of abortion (even though there’s 2 bodies) yet the same people don’t say the same when it comes to vaccines."

I don't see Foxy's tweet so much as about something being voluntary or not, but about the double standard in attitude.

I look forward to your responses.

2 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

I disagree mate, people do tell others they must be 'vaccinated', on a regular basis.

Anyway, I'm afraid you can't shake off the label of 'dodger' that easily.  You've still not addressed my points, which are as follows:

"I think it’s unfair to say the US are trying to make abortions illegal.  All that’s happened is it’s been brought back to the States, adhering to the constitution and allowing democracy to actually take place."

The above hasn't been sufficiently addressed.  Some States do not equate to a whole country.

Another point you've dodged, is the following:

"There is indeed a double standard.  People say a woman should always get to decide what happens to their body in terms of abortion (even though there’s 2 bodies) yet the same people don’t say the same when it comes to vaccines."

I look forward to your responses.

Shut up troll

32 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Seriously?  Horrendous if so.

"From 1973-2020, NAPW has recorded 1,600 such cases, with about 1,200 occurring in the last 15 years alone."

I guess the other reason only an absolute idiot would compare mandatory vaccination to the repealing of safe abortions for all women would be one is, at least, unambiguous in who in targets. I've already pointed out there is no legal standpoint to prosecute those who refuse vaccinations, where is legal grounds to prosecute those who seek abortions, so it's a false narrative but even if there were prosecutions against those who refuse vaccinations that doesn't prejudice against any one group of people (maybe idiots, I guess). Whereas removing body autonomy for half the population whilst the other half isn't affected is prejudical. 

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

"From 1973-2020, NAPW has recorded 1,600 such cases, with about 1,200 occurring in the last 15 years alone."

I guess the other reason only an absolute idiot would compare mandatory vaccination to the repealing of safe abortions for all women would be one is, at least, unambiguous in who in targets. I've already pointed out there is no legal standpoint to prosecute those who refuse vaccinations, where is legal grounds to prosecute those who seek abortions, so it's a false narrative but even if there were prosecutions against those who refuse vaccinations that doesn't prejudice against any one group of people (maybe idiots, I guess). Whereas removing body autonomy for half the population whilst the other half isn't affected is prejudical. 

Prosecuted and imprisoned for having a miscarriage?  Seriously?  Can you link to the source data please?

I think you’ve missed the point of Foxy’s tweet.

41 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Prosecuted and imprisoned for having a miscarriage?  Seriously?  Can you link to the source data please?

I think you’ve missed the point of Foxy’s tweet.

https://www.nationaladvocatesforpregnantwomen.org/issues/pregnancy-loss/

I got his tweet. He tried to claim there was some cognitive dissonance between mandatory vaccination and believing women have a right to bodily autonomy. If that was not his point feel free to enlighten on me what has went over my head.  He's an idiot if he thinks that. For the reasons I presented in previous replies.