The normalisation of the far-right continues

Guest Bob Mahelp

12 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

https://www.nationaladvocatesforpregnantwomen.org/issues/pregnancy-loss/

I got his tweet. He tried to claim there was some cognitive dissonance between mandatory vaccination and believing women have a right to bodily autonomy. If that was not his point feel free to enlighten on me what has went over my head.  He's an idiot if he thinks that. For the reasons I presented in previous replies. 

OK, so they’re not being prosecuted for having miscarriages.  They’re being prosecuted because it’s thought they are having abortions.

I think Foxy’s point was that a double standard is shown by many when it comes to ‘ma boady ma choice!’

That many will use that phrase with abortion, but not ‘vaccination’.

1 minute ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

OK, so they’re not being prosecuted for having miscarriages.  

No. They are being prosecuted for having miscarriages. Read it again.

I understand what he thinks his point but, again, it's not a double standard. As pointed out mandatory vaccination still allows people the choice not to be vaccinated. It is not illegal to not be vaccinated. However pregnant folk in about half of all US states are about to have their own bodily autonomy taken away from them with prosecution a very real possibility if they try to circumvent the state from taking it away from. 

But the real cognitive dissonance of right wing idiots like Laurence Fox and those who follow this is plain to see. Even if there was a double standard for promoting vaccination AND abortion rights then were would be, at least, just as much hypocrisy in being against mandatory vaccination and abortion rights. Those who use this spurious argument are genuinely to thick to realise it's a self own. 

18 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I understand what he thinks his point but, again, it's not a double standard. As pointed out mandatory vaccination still allows people the choice not to be vaccinated. It is not illegal to not be vaccinated. However pregnant folk in about half of all US states are about to have their own bodily autonomy taken away from them with prosecution a very real possibility if they try to circumvent the state from taking it away from. 

But the real cognitive dissonance of right wing idiots like Laurence Fox and those who follow this is plain to see. Even if there was a double standard for promoting vaccination AND abortion rights then were would be, at least, just as much hypocrisy in being against mandatory vaccination and abortion rights. Those who use this spurious argument are genuinely to thick to realise it's a self own. 

Sorry mate, but they’re not.  It’s because it’s thought they’ve had abortions.

Women who had every hope of continuing their pregnancy to term have been subjected to police investigations and arrests based on the claim that the woman “really” had an abortion, that she did or did not do something that caused the pregnancy loss, or because the woman did not know what to do following such a loss including not knowing how to dispose of fetal remains.’

Foxy’s point rings true. Many do indeed go on about bodily autonomy for abortion but not ‘vaccination’.  

It’s a complete double standard, and whether it’s legal or illegal doesn’t detract from his claim.

34 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Mate, just bow out. You can’t beat stupid.

You could provide incontrovertible facts with no room for interpretation & this welt will still argue. 

44 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Sorry mate, but they’re not.  It’s because it’s thought they’ve had abortions.

Women who had every hope of continuing their pregnancy to term have been subjected to police investigations and arrests based on the claim that the woman “really” had an abortion, that she did or did not do something that caused the pregnancy loss, or because the woman did not know what to do following such a loss including not knowing how to dispose of fetal remains.’

Right. English might naw be yer first language so we'll take this slowly.

When creating lists we often divide the different parts of the list with a comma or, in longer lists, a semi-colon.

Whereas the first example given then which ends "had an abortion" it goes on to list other reasons women have been arrested for having miscarriages.

So, firstly, not all the women have been arrested because prosecutors thought they were trying to abort their baby. Many of the examples on that website have the women prosecuted for involuntary manslaughter, for instance, which has nothing to do with a willful abortion.

Secondly even the women who were, incorrectly, prosecuted for seeking an abortion were still prosecuted for having a miscarriage because, and this isn't a minor point, they had a miscarriage and were then prosecuted for it. If they never miscarried they would not have been prosecuted.

But it speaks a lot to you, and your character, that your main concern with these heinous crimes against humanity is arguing (and being wrong) about the lexicon used in the barbarism.

Why are you idiots debating this moron or treating anything the p***k says in good faith? He's a shite, dull, obvious troll. His act is just to be contrarian, a long since played out lazy act, yet you keep engaging him.

Let the shite wee c**t stay screaming for attention and don't feed him any.

33 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Not interested in debating anything at all with you, just pointing out to a decent poster that he’s wasting his time, that’s why I quoted him & not you. 

I never believe that Durie's Air Freshener is completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. Durie's Air Freshener has the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past.

10 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I never believe that Durie's Air Freshener is completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. Durie's Air Freshener has the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past.

3EAF9156-FC18-4BE4-8895-97B85B9EC047.gif

38 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Right. English might naw be yer first language so we'll take this slowly.

Charming! :D

31 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

When creating lists we often divide the different parts of the list with a comma or, in longer lists, a semi-colon.

Many thanks Asim, but let's get to the crux of the matter, shall we?

32 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Whereas the first example given then which ends "had an abortion" it goes on to list other reasons women have been arrested for having miscarriages.

I didn't say they had all been due to abortion.  It's absolutely one of the factors though, including doing other things deemed harmful to the unborn child.  No one is just being arrested for a miscarriage like you erroneously claim.  As soon as you said it, I knew there'd be more to it.  There's no way any State has a law against miscarriage.

So, firstly, not all the women have been arrested because prosecutors thought they were trying to abort their baby. Many of the examples on that website have the women prosecuted for involuntary manslaughter, for instance, which has nothing to do with a willful abortion.

Agreed.  This is in no way contradictory to what I said.

Secondly even the women who were, incorrectly, prosecuted for seeking an abortion were still prosecuted for having a miscarriage because, and this isn't a minor point, they had a miscarriage and were then prosecuted for it. If they never miscarried they would not have been prosecuted.

Incorrect.  They were arrested for being suspected of having had an abortion.  There are no anti-miscarriage laws in place.

But it speaks a lot to you, and your character, that your main concern with these heinous crimes against humanity is arguing (and being wrong) about the lexicon used in the barbarism.

Not meaning to put you down here mate, but you were the one that brought up the statistic, twisting the reasons behind it beyond belief in order to counter Foxy's tweet.  I was merely dismantling your argument.

55 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Why are you idiots debating this moron or treating anything the p***k says in good faith? He's a shite, dull, obvious troll. His act is just to be contrarian, a long since played out lazy act, yet you keep engaging him.

Let the shite wee c**t stay screaming for attention and don't feed him any.

Thanks for the confidence boost DA, but I just state my opinion in a respectful manner.  Never will I be drawn into an exchange of insults, which is what I suspect people often look for.

I'm right-wing, trad and a Unionist, so in an echo-chamber such as this my views will naturally disagree with the majority.

Feel free to call me names if you want though, but I won't react meaningfully.

5 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Thanks for backing me up mate.  If I'd indeed meant abortions only, then I'd have said as much.

You said "they" in reference to the women prosecuted. You didn't say "some of them" or "most of them" you used to collective pronoun. 

Again we're back to assuming English isn't your first language.

Either that or you were proven wrong, again, and have went back to diminishing points about lexicon to move the goalposts. But that wouldn't be in good faith would it?

2 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

You said "they" in reference to the women prosecuted. You didn't say "some of them" or "most of them" you used to collective pronoun. 

Again we're back to assuming English isn't your first language.

Either that or you were proven wrong, again, and have went back to diminishing points about lexicon to move the goalposts. But that wouldn't be in good faith would it?

If I'd meant 'abortion only', then I'd have said 'abortion only'.  My use of the collective pronoun doesn't mean I was referring to every single case in question.

Anyway, I suspect you might be focusing on this as one of your trademark deflection tactics.  That's a few of my points you've failed to address now.

I've certainly not went back to diminishing points about lexicon to move the goalposts, and hadn't done so previously.  Nice try though.

You put up a better fight than Welshy.  I'll give you that!