The normalisation of the far-right continues

Guest Bob Mahelp

I think he’s been studiously careful of remembering to project since Ross Greer frothed him up so much he turned into a foam party in a bad late-90s nightclub over Churchill. 
That was absolutely tremendous. Morgan's worst nightmare: being completely owned on national TV by a young, specky, ginger "lefty". Glorious.

10 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:
4 hours ago, carpetmonster said:
I think he’s been studiously careful of remembering to project since Ross Greer frothed him up so much he turned into a foam party in a bad late-90s nightclub over Churchill. 

That was absolutely tremendous. Morgan's worst nightmare: being completely owned on national TV by a young, specky, ginger "lefty". Glorious.

You'd have to engage in some serious mental gymnastic to see that as Greer owning Morgan.

2 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

More or less than asserting Bernard Manning wasn't racist?

As he'd have said himself, some of his best friends were jungle bunnies.

6 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Wonder how long until he’s branded an IRA sympathiser by the right wing media 

I think he has some kind of bingo game going on so that he can hit all the triggers for the daily mail. When he starts on Churchill, then he'll get the proper frothing.

Problem is that the usual suspects like Morgan don't quite know how to handle him. He's got a cause and he is sticking to it and doesn't get into the usual evasive moves they are used to.

Ultimately, he is doing the job he is employed to do, keep the focus on the union members wants/needs and get clearly across the message of exactly what that is. 

Man's a fuckwit on every level. If only he'd been handed down the TV detective badge that Morse passed to the soft lad in Auf Wiedersehen Pet, maybe all these tantrums and cries for attention might have been avoided.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Snafu said:

Under discussion around social media is the article by Paul Morland in the Sunday Times.

Should we tax the childless?

Morland says - “Introduce a ‘negative child benefit’ tax for those who do not have offspring. This may seem unfair on those who can’t or won’t have children, but it recognises that we all rely on there being a next generation and that everyone should contribute to the cost of creating that generation. Use the funds to fix the UK’s broken, expensive early years care system.”

I think Morland is a bit of a c**t. Horrible to think how that would affect grieving parents who have lost a baby.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/should-we-tax-the-childless-j7h9c297r

btw I'm not going to subscribe to that rag just to read that one article but there are pieces of it elsewhere.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/tax-childless-couple-uk-inflation-b2115018.html

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/what-is-negative-child-benefit-demographer-proposes-taxing-childless-people-boost-population-b1010026.html

My personal opinion is that its in the correct thread as this is in line with current far right thinking and it is batshit mental if any government tries to bring it, but then other 'batshit' mental ideas have gone through regardless of public opinion??? Its a horrible idea.

Its also very likely bait for the right served on plate by Morland trying to distract as many people as possible with another emotionally charged issue while the anti abortion laws in the USA are still at the front and center. Seems to be working.

I'm sure there are a few old fashioned misogynists on here who love the idea and can't wait to share it with us.

If there's any consolation most of these old misogynistic b*****ds will be dead by the time that proposed next baby boomer/master race reaches working age, so they won't benefit from it., unless these c**ts think its a good idea to send babies or toddlers to work, um.... doing stuff like fruit picking or working in McDonalds.

Without having the time to read the article, I think the suggestion may not be too bad.

Society needs new generations of workers and taxpayers coming through.  Not suggesting we force people to have children, but we should take steps to make it the norm.  Incentivisation is the key, and there are plenty ways we could do this.