Israel lobby v Corbyn

Jdog

Party Membership stood at less than 200,000 in 2015. In April this year, membership stood at 552, 000. How many of those joined because of Sir Keir Starmer? Whether it was the youth who wanted to be part of something, or those, like me, rejoining because there was finally a left-wing leadership candidate to vote for, one thing we didn't want was a return to Blair's Third way scam - that <200k figure tells its own story. Did we all sign up - or re-sign - because we saw a way to legitimise our Nazi viewpoint? Don't be fucking ridiculous.

Corbyn was never going to be everyone's cup of tea, but the Manifesto both in 2017 and 2019 blew one argument out of the water - for the first time in a generation, "they're all the bloody same" was demonstrable bullshit - and call me old-fashioned, but the manifesto is what should influence votes, not the Mail and Scum.  A year down the line, the leaders of the two traditional opposition parties are Knights of the Realm, and the Government is like an Etonian reunion. You had a choice, Britain, and you royally fúcked it - all because you think Rachel Riley and David fúcking Baddiel have got anything, any fucking thing, to contribute to the debate. And don't get me started on Hodge or Blair's lad's ex-girlfriend.

I don't know any Jews - or at least, I don't know anyone who has made their faith known to me. Outside of the sky-fairy nonsense where they gain the same level of disdain from me as Muslims or Christians, I've got no axe to grind one way or the other. But when B-list celebrities and Right-wing niche newspapers tell me I'm an anti-semite because I think killing innocent civilians is a wee bit inappropriate, they can go fúck themselves.

I believe in an inclusive, respectful society where everyone has their rights respected. I do not believe in a society where minorities can scream "oppression!" and have their complaint accepted without proper scrutiny, because they have the right connections. 

14 minutes ago, G51 said:

Labour as a party consists of two ideologically opposed factions that will never agree with each other again.

England would be much better served if it implemented PR and allowed these factions to split.

Labour's decision to oppose PR in 2011 has served them very well in the years since.

31 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Labour's decision to oppose PR in 2011 has served them very well in the years since.

It serves both parties well until they reach the point where they're almost completely dysfunctional, which is becoming the case for both parties.

It doesn't serve the electorate very well though. FPTP is an archaic system.

Shocking decision by Starmer if not unexpected, his extremist cheerleaders of Hodge, Kyle etc calling the shots from the sidelines and totally ignoring the facts to pursue their own sickening agenda.

What can you say, it's a sad day when the Tories and an extremist Jewish splinter group are dictating policy within the Labour party.

Hopefully McCluskey and others now withdraw all funding and support as that is presumably the only language that they understand.

It's always worth remembering that it's not down to Corbyn's support for Palestinian rights that he is being attacked. It's due to his entire philosophy of anti imperialism and there are far more powerful countries than Israel who can't allow that to exist seriously in British politics. 

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

Shocking decision by Starmer if not unexpected, his extremist cheerleaders of Hodge, Kyle etc calling the shots from the sidelines and totally ignoring the facts to pursue their own sickening agenda.

What can you say, it's a sad day when the Tories and an extremist Jewish splinter group are dictating policy within the Labour party.

Hopefully McCluskey and others now withdraw all funding and support as that is presumably the only language that they understand.

It’s disgusting, there’s no doubt about it, but the more shocking is is that this is what the Leader of the Labour Party thinks is the priority at this time.

A friend who is on Labour's NEC posted this.

https://www.facebook.com/565087695/posts/10158612725292696/

"Gurinder Singh Josan

PERSONAL STATEMENT

It has been published by others that I was a member of the Labour Party Disputes Panel that yesterday considered the case of Jeremy Corbyn.

These are confidential proceedings and I am extremely disappointed by the false information being circulated and last night I did request the General Secretary to correct the record.

Since first being elected to the NEC in April this year I have been part of 20 disputes panels and have considered hundreds of cases. More has been done to deal with complaints and outstanding cases since April than in previous years. The vast majority of cases dealt with have been in relation to antisemitism. Whilst this progress is an important achievement for the Party, I find it also a source of great shame and regret.

I have today written to the General Secretary informing him I shall forthwith not be volunteering to be part of any further disputes panels until concerns I have raised are fully addressed.

I hope the Party will expedite an independent complaints process and in the meanwhile take the opportunity to fundamentally review the administration of complaints and disputes. I have also let it be known that I feel it would be prudent to consider halting all further disputes panels pending the implementation of an independent complaints process.

I shall not be commenting further."

It would be hilarious if Corbyn got back into power.

Losing 3 general elections, alienating the English working class, handing the Labour Heartlands to the Tories and being outed as a vicious antisemite is his legacy.

If he wasn’t so loathsome then I could believe he was a Tory plant. He is absolutely killing the Labour Party.

It would be hilarious if Corbyn got back into power. Losing 3 general elections, alienating the English working class, handing the Labour Heartlands to the Tories and being outed as a vicious antisemite is his legacy. If he wasn’t so loathsome then I could believe he was a Tory plant. He is absolutely killing the Labour Party.       

I'm no Corbyn fan but that is utter bollocks. The destruction the Labour Party goes much further back - a cabal of careerist shitebags who forgot what their party stood for is the reason they are where they are.     

As for the antisemitic label - what utter pish. It's being used by the same cabal to beat Corbyn with - they are political opportunists of the worst kind who would sell their granny if it meant getting somewhere in the Labour Party. 

A classic example - Jim Murphy went from a pro-Palestinian keffiyeh-wearing student activist to end up being Chair of Labour Friends of Israel - I don't believe for one minute it was a change of political views but because it was politically expedient to do so.

17 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

naw it was Fitba pints! Everyone wants a pint at the fitba! 3 o clock OF kick offs and a good swally just go easy on your missus if you lose eh lads 😉😜🍻👊

The fact that he was pushing for this amongst a rise in crowd trouble (if I remember right) just summed up his timing

Corbyn's lawyers now getting involved. Starmer has absolutely fucked this.

I doubt it'll go that far but it'd be fun if this did actually end up in court, he'll be able to clean out every media organisation in the country for libel if he wanted to :lol: