Aberdeen vs Rangers - Opening game of the season

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Navallion said:

Maybe the Aberdeen fans will realise tomorrow how much a shit point it is to them, given they were at home playing against 10 men.

Probably still realising we were terrible despite being a man up and able to salvage a draw in stoppage time. 

Question for any Aberdeen fan,I've never seen a player playing in 3 different positions until today can any Aberdeen fan tell me what the hell was McInnes doing with shinnie today?

You haven’t watched jimmy calderwood teams then

It was pretty obvious why our manager put Shinnie into left back and then later back into midfield. I suppose Sky piss poor coverage don’t tell you the different formations we did while chasing the game or injury crisis we have in defence.

1 hour ago, ekok said:

Hi this is my first and probably last post on this thread. How can we cope with referees who don’t know the rules. Foul inside box, no attempt to play ball = penalty kick and red card. Nothing to do with “ goal scoring opportunity “  Chris Commons to note. 

http://www.theifab.com/laws/fouls-and-misconduct/chapters/disciplinary-action

"Where a player commits an offence against an opponent within their own penalty area which denies an opponent an obvious goal-scoring opportunity and the referee awards a penalty kick, the offender is cautioned if the offence was an attempt to play the ball; in all other circumstances (e.g. holding, pulling, pushing, no possibility to play the ball etc.) the offending player must be sent off."

So you have came onto this thread and demonstrated Kris Commons has more of a clue than you - well done, not often that happens. If the referee doesn't think it was DOGSO then it's not a red card. Of course you have the following to consider as to whether it is DOGSO:

• distance between the offence and the goal
  • general direction of the play
  • likelihood of keeping or gaining control of the ball
  • location and number of defenders

Watch the video and decide: https://streamable.com/kc9zv (note the possible offside at 1:01)

31 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

I'll be perfectly honest and say that I've a long list of negatives and very few positives from today. Glad we equalised and delighted a young lad got it.

However I'm thoroughly annoyed and pissed off with our tactics and game plan. How many times will we sit off Rangers and Celtic and not learn that it doesn't work? It's a mentality problem that runs throughout the club, which I do not understand. McInnes needs to learn from the countless lessons of teams pressing Rangers higher up the park and getting in their faces. It's tedious to watch the same script over and over again.

Thank God for Bruce Anderson's finishing for rescuing a point. It was scantily deserved.

The highlights don't show this. Everyone seemed to be fully dressed

Sorry to add some factual  comments to this predicable exchange of insults and points scoring. The rules are very clear, foul inside penalty area with no attempt to play the ball = penalty and a red card. No discussion, no interpretation. It’s the rules

Went along to this and was worth it just to see the absolute seethe in the away end when the goal went in. Throwing bottles etc. 

Aberdeen were shit, but Rangers carried very little threat at 1-0. Draw was fair. 

3 minutes ago, ekok said:

Sorry to add some factual  comments to this predicable exchange of insults and points scoring. The rules are very clear, foul inside penalty area with no attempt to play the ball = penalty and a red card. No discussion, no interpretation. It’s the rules

Link to and quote the relevant rule which says that.

I'll give you a hint - you're not going to find one, because that isn't in the rules.

For what it's worth in this case I do think it should have been red because it was a clear goalscoring opportunity which was denied, but it's only a red when it's a clear goalscoring opportunity.

"Where a player commits an offence against an opponent within their own penalty area which denies an opponent an obvious goal-scoring opportunity and the referee awards a penalty kick, the offender is cautioned if the offence was an attempt to play the ball; in all other circumstances (e.g. holding, pulling, pushing, no possibility to play the ball etc.) the offending player must be sent off."
So you have came onto this thread and demonstrated Kris Commons has more of a clue than you - well done, not often that happens. If the referee doesn't think it was DOGSO then it's not a red card. Of course you have the following to consider as to whether it is DOGSO:
Watch the video and decide: https://streamable.com/kc9zv (note the possible offside at 1:01)

It’s irrelevant.

IT WAS OFFSIDE

53 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

If Craig Levein has taught us anything, it’s that 1 point is better than none.

I'm not sure how you brung Hearts into this but now that you mention Craig Levein

We're going to score 7600 goals this season, win the league and Levein will be manager of the year and win us the champions league next season.

You have to give the SFA credit. Its a perfect long con. Giving Rangers favourable refereeing  decisions for decades just to lure them into a false sense of security then waiting till they were shite to unleash their  biased refs. No doubt the referee training was part funded by the Vatican and Nicola Sturgeon. Its brave of Steven Gerrard to speak up

19 minutes ago, Navallion said:

I'm not sure how you brung Hearts into this but now that you mention Craig Levein

We're going to score 7600 goals this season, win the league and Levein will be manager of the year and win us the champions league next season.

brung ?facepalm.jpeg.7562bb71bcbf5eaa1a578f742065774e.jpeg

Piss poor performance today so happy to get away with a draw. Impressed with Anderson’s performance when he came on and he took his goal well. Carried more offensive threat than Cosgrove and May combined. He should start on Saturday if we have not signed a new striker.

57 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

It’s not possibly offside, it is offside.

Archived