Football Manager 2019

ajwffc

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Adam Hammill is a machine in this. 16 appearances for St Mirren, 3 goals and 14 assists. 

Not for me he's not! Midway through January and he's barely kicked his arse. Being kept out the team by young Mikey Johnston from Celtic.

Where are you playing him ?

1 hour ago, Spam_Valley said:

Not for me he's not! Midway through January and he's barely kicked his arse. Being kept out the team by young Mikey Johnston from Celtic.

Where are you playing him ?

Left winger. 

He's been in great form. I've also got Niall Ennis on loan from Wolves who has been on a great run of form. 

35 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Left winger. 

He's been in great form. I've also got Niall Ennis on loan from Wolves who has been on a great run of form. 

Left inside forward in my team. He barely turns up when i start him and have to hook him not long into 2nd half. Not renewing his contract either

On 02/11/2018 at 14:16, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Started a new save with Celtic to see how the game played (I missed FM18) and beat Tallin 13-0 in my first game then went the first three months winning every game by some quite large scorelines. So, happy that I've got to grips with the game, I decided to make a Scottish pyramid.

Untitled.thumb.png.58035c3e1f06d0564a36bc4f91f68e76.png

In retrospect I shoulda made the South of Scotland league a standalone league under the Lowland League and put the Clydeside teams in with the Ayrshire/Lanarkshire lot as a West of Scotland league but I aint overly fussed about that. Currently holidaying through to test it but looks good. Will make a few changes and add in awards for the lower leagues when I aint busy but that will need to wait til next week. Also had to edit in about half a dozen amateur teams to get the numbers right for Fife/Central so if anyone was desperate to play a game as Stein Thistle yer in luck

A minor issue on my save but Kelty Hearts won the Eastern League but are now in the Highland league and Tynecastle played in the lowland league last season but are now in the highland :lol: No idea how thats worked out!

10 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I noticed that error when I holidayed a few years through, I forgot to put a boundary on the Highland League, I updated it but obviously after you had downloaded it.

Do I need to re-download the file for the update to take place? Will probably do a save lower down in the pyramid at some point so would ideally like the change for that, not overly fussed about it in my Clyde save

I'm still balls deep on a save on FM17 and refuse to buy another version till I win the Champions League with East Fife (2040, closest I've got is the semis). My question is this; The prize money for the SPFL has stayed exactly the same (apart from inflation) and the league rep hasn't changed much. Is there a bit more fluidity in the newer versions in terms of TV money/Sponsorship of leagues for when a managerial genius such as I creates a super team? The whole league is significantly better because of the players I loan out :P

I've seen the Scottish league get to be the 8th best league and, weirdly, the Scottish Cup be the 1st best cup competition but the changes in prize money were only about 20% more.  I think taking over the big five leagues is near impossible unless you have three/four teams making European semis each year

I can confirm that York City are the chosen ones.
So I'm about a 3rd of the way into the season and things are going well, almost too well for my liking. We're top of the league by 4 points and have only lost 1 game all season (including friendlies and cups).

I didn't realise York City had so many good players for National League North level, I only really plumped for them based on their stadium capacity as I got stung last year choosing a team with a shite capacity. I'm a bit annoyed that I've opted for one of the better sides in the league, I always quite enjoyed spending my 1st season consolidating in the league before mounting a playoff charge in the 2nd season. I always associated York with being rubbish, mostly because I noticed how rubbish they were in real life due to Jackie McNamara being in charge. I also checked the league table prior to taking charge of them and they were sitting 15th or something. That's not to say I'll 100% win the league, Hereford and Stockport are right up my hoop.

We have a Wycombe away in the 1st round of the FA Cup so I'm expecting a defeat there which could lead to a downturn in form. I'm about 900 quid over my wage budget at the minute so I'm planning to cull a few players in January.

Falkirk fans will be delighted to hear that Alex Harris is considered the best player in the league, although he has been massively outshone (is that a real word?) by one of only 2 permanent signings I have made in Corie Andrews, who is absolutely banging them in.

I really do enjoy starting in either the National League North or South. My plan with York is to get them promoted and have a stab at the league above before I start putting the feelers out for a new gig. I'll probably aim for a decent League 1 team if I can do reasonably well with York.

5be4b7f85ddaf_MaxBroughton_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.2186b7fea4b220a83ac89bb13aa7b7cb.png

Just started a Roma save and this lads the first signing. £250k plus 30% profit, and £2k a week once he goes professional.

Seems well worth it for anyone capable of spending that much, his positioning drags his star rating down, but improve that and/or find a system that negates it (two covering CHs beside him?) and he could be an incredible player. Have plenty of time to figure it out as you mould him.

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

5be4b7f85ddaf_MaxBroughton_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.2186b7fea4b220a83ac89bb13aa7b7cb.png

Just started a Roma save and this lads the first signing. £250k plus 30% profit, and £2k a week once he goes professional.

Seems well worth it for anyone capable of spending that much, his positioning drags his star rating down, but improve that and/or find a system that negates it (two covering CHs beside him?) and he could be an incredible player. Have plenty of time to figure it out as you mould him.

What skin is that? Looks decent. 

18 minutes ago, Zing. said:

What skin is that? Looks decent. 

Its in the Steam Workshop, name of it is on the bottom left of the screenshot.

Just wanted something different tbh, feel like every save looks the same and its not changed at all in the past few years.

Hearts have a serious wonderkid on their hands that I'm desperately trying to sign. 18 years old, tore the league up last season and just scored 4 goals on his Scotland debut. At this stage Hearts have a pretty good team, last thing I need is this wee guy trying to stop us from reaching 11 in a row. 

After 2 and a half seasons of fantastic service, Dolberg got frustrated with me not allowing him to leave for bigger clubs. Monaco then swooped in to match his £40M release clause. We have quite a bit of money now but are finding it a bit difficult to find a replacement. Work permits for every player is a pain in the arse.

To make matters worse the team is furious that he's been sold. I'm sure we'll figure something out to please them though. Don't recall anyone kicking up a fuss last January when club captain and legend Scott Brown was punted off to the Swiss League :lol:

Edited by JamieStevenson

3 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

To make matters worse the team is furious that he's been sold.

This is my biggest complaint about the game and it never gets fixed. Players refuse to sign new contracts/have release clause met/etc and there's nothing you can do to keep them and the other players are greetin' faced about it.