Football Manager 2019

ajwffc

Just about died when I was doing a bit of digging and saw that Rangers have Borna Barisic down as a club legend after only playing 3 seasons with them. Poor Morelos is in his 7th season at the club and not getting a look in despite the fact he's better than ever and has made this league finally competitive. 

8 hours ago, Eoin Doyle said:

Shankland is a bargain and a half in this game. Scored at least 15 goals in 12 games for my hibs side. 

Tried signing him when he was out of contract, but the fee worked out to be around £400k which I couldn't afford. Hearts signed him and he is doing very well for them. 

Into my third season with County, and into the fourth qualifying round of the Europa League, smashed passed a Hungarian outfit in the first round, then Dundalk in the second, and just beaten Celje comfortably. Managed to miss a lot of the "tougher" sides, but now have Krasnodar to deal with, and I'm not holding out for much. If I beat them though, into the group stages which would be incredible. 

Told the board I was going to finish midtable, reach the semi's of the BetFred cup and the Quarter's of the Scottish Cup and I am confident I can do all of that. 

This Brexit ruling has made the game very tough now, unable to go abroad for freebies, and most of the league bar the Old Firm has resorted to going down South to sign any available talent. 

Managed to get Jordan Rhodes in on a free, and Rhian Brewster signed another loan deal. Lewis Moult also looks like he is coming in on loan, so got a very good front line available. 

Approaching the end of September in season 2 and here's how it's went so far. Sitting 8th in the league.

5bef3283ea229_season2results1.png.a97622d59d78c08219bf7cde06b89bee.png

The Man City result isn't as amazing as it may look.  They obviously aren't taking the Carabao Cup seriously with this line up :lol:

5bef3323989d0_mancitypumping.png.f459fbeeac0d9b3fd70d900d802bd4f8.png

And the summer incomings and outgoings. The board accepted the offer for Raya so that was out of my hands. Only put 700k back into the transfer budget the p***ks! Thankfully I've managed to reject numerous offers for Nyambe and Dack without them intervening (so far!). Reckon I'll need to finish in the play offs at least this year to keep my better players happy.

5bef33b22ed4f_transfersseason2.thumb.png.4ba4ae83207f5cf809acc062ccfdde72.png

5bef33c182063_season2releasedplayers.png.51d666674e670bd7f647ee776d4b6b70.png

Losing Raya is a sore one, a big fee obviously, but to me he always seems like the most complete young keeper on the go, minus the obvious wonderkids.

Any long term thoughts on replacements? No idea how Woodman is on this years game.

58 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Losing Raya is a sore one, a big fee obviously, but to me he always seems like the most complete young keeper on the go, minus the obvious wonderkids.

Any long term thoughts on replacements? No idea how Woodman is on this years game.

Don't know yet.  Woodman has been faultless for me so far so if he keeps it up I might try and bring him in permanently as he's only on 3k p/w and worth 950k. Might even need 2 as, with Leutwiler also away, I only have youngster Andy Fisher in reserve. Although to be fair, he done well when he had a run of games last season when Raya was injured.

Would you recommend Zander Clark? :P

Meant to say in my previous post, Brereton is now starting to find the net for me. 4 goals so far (3 in the Carabao cup with a brace in my pumping of Man Citys C team). Found myself rotating the striker a lot though this year as I can't ignore Armstrongs goal return from last season and Calvert Lewin in on loan has also been decent for me.

Edited by C. Muir

According to my relationships.... Vincenzo Montella is my rival. This is baffling to me. He's been the Roma and Chievo manager, two teams I've never ever faced. I don't believe I've ever been asked about him at any point either. He's currently unemployed, so if he ever does get picked up again and I ever get to face him.... I will end him and whichever diddy club employs him.

Just a wee heads up for folk who don't bother amending their set pieces...

...a lot of the formations in the game default to having your full backs or wing backs going forward for corners instead of yer centre backs. Even if you can't be arsed going through each player individually to sort out a set piece you should at least check yer attacking corners and indirect free kicks to make sure yer big lumps are going forward for them. I'd recommend one attacking far post and one attacking near post (with one attacking from deep if you play three at the back)

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Just a wee heads up for folk who don't bother amending their set pieces...

...a lot of the formations in the game default to having your full backs or wing backs going forward for corners instead of yer centre backs. Even if you can't be arsed going through each player individually to sort out a set piece you should at least check yer attacking corners and indirect free kicks to make sure yer big lumps are going forward for them. I'd recommend one attacking far post and one attacking near post (with one attacking from deep if you play three at the back)

I find my lone striker is the player on the edge of the box aswell a lot.

I think they've done it in purpose tbh, last few years it's been easily exploited.

I decided to try something very difficult, managing Fort William!  I downloaded a Scotland full pyramid DB and gave it a start.  At first I had 13 players and no staff so am in the process of getting some players.  So far here is my squad according to my newly appointed assistant manager, will see how these star ratings change.  

image.thumb.png.53a98179aad87cdb41e39d5c6060bf3a.png

4 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

I decided to try something very difficult, managing Fort William!  I downloaded a Scotland full pyramid DB and gave it a start.  At first I had 13 players and no staff so am in the process of getting some players.  So far here is my squad according to my newly appointed assistant manager, will see how these star ratings change.  

image.thumb.png.53a98179aad87cdb41e39d5c6060bf3a.png

Where did you find that database? I might have a look at the pyramid system.