Football Manager 2019

ajwffc

36 minutes ago, Eckauskas said:

Brexit has made my game a nightmare.

Anyone from outside the UK and Ireland must be offered at least £8k a week to get a work permit.

Had the same. Absolutely killed my save. Seen a few complaints on SI about it.

I'll do a proper update tomorrow but at the start of season 3, after thumping Stoneyburn 10-0 in the Scottish Cup first round, I now play FC Polonia Dundee in R2, a team I have never heard of in my life. In this database they play in the Tayside 1st division and after googling them and looking at their players in the game it appears they are an amateur Polish (sort of) side :lol: Their 5 'real' players are Polish, as are the greyed out ones with Scottish/British names. My favourite draw so far since starting in this database just cause of the fascination upon finding out about them!

Edited by C. Muir

10 hours ago, LondonHMFC said:

Had the same. Absolutely killed my save. Seen a few complaints on SI about it.

I'm at the point of actively hoping it's what happens with the real Brexit, given the amount on people who complain about it.

Used to be able to disable it with the Editor.

12 hours ago, C. Muir said:

I'll do a proper update tomorrow but at the start of season 3, after thumping Stoneyburn 10-0 in the Scottish Cup first round, I now play FC Polonia Dundee in R2, a team I have never heard of in my life. In this database they play in the Tayside 1st division and after googling them and looking at their players in the game it appears they are an amateur Polish (sort of) side :lol: Their 5 'real' players are Polish, as are the greyed out ones with Scottish/British names. My favourite draw so far since starting in this database just cause of the fascination upon finding out about them!

That was my doing. Polonia have been in the database for about four years now when SI added a bunch of Saturday amateur teams into the game as non playable clubs. They include the Amateur Cup winners each year (because they're in the Scottish Cup I presume) but also a quite random selection of clubs from certain areas (Highlands, Skye, Orkney, Dundee and Stirlingshire).

With Polonia I changed their "based nation" to Poland and home town to Krakow so the players that come through will be Polish (as they're a club for the Polish diaspora in Dundee). Done the same thing with Edusport for France/Paris so all their youngsters will be French.

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

Just downloaded the Scottish database and can now select that from the drop down in top right, but not the custom database I made/saved. Any ideas?

My database is not showing in the editor folder in the documents section of computer, but whe i load up the editor from scratch, i can load up my edited database, so it does exist!

20 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

Just downloaded the Scottish database and can now select that from the drop down in top right, but not the custom database I made/saved. Any ideas?

My database is not showing in the editor folder in the documents section of computer, but whe i load up the editor from scratch, i can load up my edited database, so it does exist!

There's probably something in it that makes it unplayable. What did you change?

Have you tested the rules in the editor?

7 hours ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

Click on advanced set up. Should let ye choose which editor files you use in there

I went back to my Celtic save, after a season where Aberdeen and Hearts kept me in check up until about March I was able to pull away and win the title with 3 games to spare.  Ayr didn't go full Brechin and managed to get a few wins, their first was in January!

Meanwhile Livi have come straight back up, joined by Raith Rovers who beat Hamilton in the playoff.  Meanwhile I have signed Patrick Roberts on a free transfer, he's British so no brexit related worries!  Will probably get rid of an aging Scott Sinclair in the mean time

image.thumb.png.f59bb04a7ae3cd7772f605a902b9867d.png

Edited by senorsoupe

I've got my first Champions League final in 1 week's time, but the man that carried us there is now out for 2 weeks, which means he misses the Scottish Cup final as well. 

image.thumb.png.c87dec53b94589dff96764a691e6a314.png

Wow, it really was an abysmal game of football but we've come out of it with the quadruple. I don't see where I go from here tbh. Bought a team of seriously talented youngsters, a few reasonably well known Bundesliga defenders and brought back Tierney to make us even more untouchable. 

image.thumb.png.64e615155ae7d5e92e3b1b90f84efbd4.png

It might be time to cash in on a slightly injury prone Geubbels and fully unleash this guy that has hardly even touched the surface yet. I can't wait to have 2 world class Scottish strikers decimating everyone in their path, hopefully it will translate to some national team form as well.

image.thumb.png.1fc151a80610a6bf932fbc68d54f1f06.png

Just got FM19 and started a game managing Cowdenbeath. Looked great so far using a 4132 narrow formation and gegenpressing. Ben Armour and Connor Higgins are scoring a barrow load up front and signed Willo Flood as player/coach. Callum MacDonald, Daniel Nimmo,  Ross Gilmour and Kenny Adamson were signed for the back 4 and signed a useful looking Norn Irish midfielder Glenn Law from Limavady. Only loss so far has been a 5-3 beating from Inverness Caley in the betfred cup, but managed to skelp Alloa 3-1.

9 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Ye going to do the club/country duo game if the Scotland job comes up?

Yeah I don't see why not. Although previous experience from other games has shown me that no matter how good your club are, as soon as you take on the national team as well the club results start to suffer.

So far I've only been approached by Argentina. As for Scotland, Darren Ferguson was only appointed last year and the team is performing well under him, I'd be shocked if he got sacked any time in the near future.

On 19/11/2018 at 22:50, C. Muir said:

End of October. Sitting 6th in the league but some way off the top. Too many draws so far despite dominating most matches. Indeed in the thumpings at Falkirk and Morton I had more possesion and shots :lol: Opening day defeat to Arbroath was awful, no excuses in that one.  My latest match away to winless Dunfermline I went down to 10 men early in the second half and was lucky to get out there without handing them their first win. I actually declined an interview for their vacant managers role a couple of days before I played them. In the Scottish Cup, after the aforementioned thumping of Stoneyburn I beat the Poles 3-0 in round 2. I'm back to boring draws though, just about managed through against Forfar and face Annan away next. Brutal way to go out the league cup to newly promoted Inverness, losing on away goals.

5bf70c2686406_resultstillnov2019season3.png.808def6d87c14189d4f4cd99713f7c5e.png

5bf70cb47d7c0_tablenovseason3.png.0bea90f8a6a3af32eae8d10da699e2fa.png

On the transfers, it was actually still difficult despite the big budget because of better players I tried to sign "not interested in entering contract talks because of the stature of the club" or something. Only real splashing of the cash came buying goalkeeper Robbie McCrorie from Rangers. Ryan Tierney came in on a free after a good season in front of goal in his loan spell last season. I only signed Ruaridh Donaldson cause I couldn't find any decent left backs for backup to Stewart but then Chris McLaughlin became available on loan, so I now have McLaughlin as first choice, Stewart back up and Donaldson punted to the reserves.  On the other loans, Harry Paton has been good for me, averaging 7.49 which is the highest in my squad so far. He's also contributed 5 goals from midfield, a couple of them being long range rakers. Stephen Kelly has been decent in flashes. Baur and MacPherson have only featured briefly so far while Cairns has barely featured at all.

5bf70ed621da2_insandoutsaugustseason3.thumb.png.9d89cd034177eaf0534e491c74d699e7.png

Forgot to screenshot who I released after end of contract. Bob Harris retired and I didn't offer new terms to Blair Currie, Kieran Duffie, Ally Love, Dylan Falconer, Darian MacKinnon and Danny Denholm.

Favourite game so far this season has to be my 2nd league game at Ayr, thought we had bottled the 1-0 lead big time despite the outrageous amount of attempts on their goal but El Bak finally found his shooting boots in the nick of time!

5bf70f483ea7e_ayr2clyde3.png.e7c7a864bdc84acc9dc0d47d9253faf8.png

Edited by C. Muir