Football Manager 2019

ajwffc

5 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Is there any way to turn the Brexit thing off/amend it in the editor?

I'm all for realism but when SI have basically just predicted what might happen in terms of work permits/player registrations without actually knowing and it's pot luck which scenario you get I'd rather just turn it off.

Just go a non-British team?

Pretty sure there will be a work around in editor. Go to editor and, Christ, can't even remember the name of the database now. Try "agreements" (I think?) in there it will have EU and NAFTA and a few other international trade bodies and things that deal with employment for footballers. There might be a separate file for Brexit or it might be included in the EU/EEA file or something.

IF IT'S NOT then another option would be to remove the UK from the EU in the game and switch them to the EEA. This might make the game crash, it might halt Brexit, f**k knows.

There should also be a way to separate Scotland from the UK and put them as an EU country in the game.

ETA: To get a full list of all the "agreements" (assuming that is the name) just change the search thing to "name" "is not"  and type in "yaeicejhk3" or something,

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

20 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Is there any way to turn the Brexit thing off/amend it in the editor?

I'm all for realism but when SI have basically just predicted what might happen in terms of work permits/player registrations without actually knowing and it's pot luck which scenario you get I'd rather just turn it off.

There definitely was a wee tick box in last year's game, not checked myself this year, but seen people saying it's more complicated.

Sure someone had a mod up in the Workshop for it, but don't know how effective it is.

4 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Some interview with Miles Jacobsen a coupla years back. He was asked if the women managers/coaches in the women's game would be added into the game or if it would just be  the women already working in the men's game. Said they were focusing on the men's game but had looked at adding the WSL and the USWL into the game. Possibly as DLC. I'd imagine money could be there, especially for the USWL, if they went for it.

Fair enough, it was definitely brought up on their forum lately and consensus was it was a lot of work to create a separate database, and it wouldn't be worth the time they'd have to spend on it.

4 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I've always found one up top with an AMC behind him gets yer striker goals galore. With no one behind him and two playing AML/R it's the wide players who get the goals especially with one playing as a winger and the other as an inside forward

I had been doing that for a while with Tom Rogic or Ryan Christie as my AMC but I started bleeding shite goals so switched.  It's January and I have a huge transfer kitty available (due to selling players for megabucks plus some add-ons that have come in) so I may seek out a top striker who can play as a complete forward, would mean I'll cut this Maximilian Philipp guy loose.  I spent 23 million on him and he's only scored 15 goals in over 60 appearances for me plus a low average rating (In the 6.8's for Celtic is low). 

2 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I haven't played this in years, but struggling to see the excitement of managing a team that always wins the league IRL. What's the challenge? 

Teams like Celtic can be fun as you don't have a huge amount of issues domestically, but a massive challenge in Europe. Can be better doing that type of save if you don't have much time to play as you can just rattle through league games without much thought.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Teams like Celtic can be fun as you don't have a huge amount of issues domestically, but a massive challenge in Europe. Can be better doing that type of save if you don't have much time to play as you can just rattle through league games without much thought.

You set a lot of specific challenges like trying to progress in Europe or developing a young team or something like that.  I find that it can be very enjoyable to see academy players and regens develop by playing lots of games, which when you are Celtic you have the luxury of doing.  In my current save guys like Mikey Johnston and Armstrong Oko-Flex are rapidly becoming top players.

Started a Hibs save the other day to sample a save with a team I didn't support. Enjoying it so far. Breezed through the first season already so an update on that.

Transfers 

Rose ended up being a waste of money and has substequently been released on a free for this coming season (likewise Frear). The January signings were important to me for the second half of the season, Longstaff in particular contributing plenty from midfield. Bit of an OTT payment for Kerr (the loan back was part of the transfer agreement) but we'll see how he develops at a club where he'll have a chance of featuring for the national team and not St Johnstone. Darren McGregor also retired in March after picking up another lengthy injury. The money offered for Slivka compared to what I paid for his replacement Scott Allan seemed a no brainer to me.

transfers.thumb.png.e6c2044954ebe48acc11c649cff15cea.png

League

Inconsistent up till the new year. Humbling defeat at Dundee had me seething and they also beat me at Easter Road in a game I absolutely dominated! Second half of the season yielded a remarkable unbeaten run  thanks to the impact of the January signings up till the double header against the Old Firm during the split. Managed to wrestle 4th place and a European spot off Aberdeen on the final day of the season by beating them at Pittodrie. Unsurprisingly Celtic won it, Rangers 2nd, Hearts 3rd. Livi and St Johnstone relegated, ICT and County promoted.

5c0126f667ffd_premiershipaugtodec.png.919a37673fc41e0e439b58a7654c609e.png

5c012702eb330_premiershipjantomay.png.c6c5bcb27c8bb08d9fc0a1a2068f6c93.png

Betfred Cup

Out with a whimper at the first round we entered, a home pumping off Motherwell. Unsurprisingly Celtic won it.

5c01279a3de1a_betfredcup.png.51398addff9c6684bbe956a29f3d8a13.png

Scottish Cup

1-0 down to Montrose and down to 10 men I feared the worst but ended up going gung ho and comfortably winning in the end. Actually quite a favourable run to the final where I was stopped in my tracks by, yep, you guessed it, Celtic. I actually went 1-0 up in the final but unsurprisingly Celtic won it.

5c0128182eaf3_scottishcup.png.28931f684548e02d95beeeb54c79cd35.png

Europa League

I suppose I could use my good run in this tournament as an excuse for the inconsistent league form at the beginning of the season... but I won't. Decent scalp against Rio Ave in the 2nd qualifying round and I was actually 2-0 down at home to FH in the next round but managed to claw it back and the away leg ended up a pretty non event. I went down to 10 men in the 7th minute in Seville (you'll probably already know the culprit was Marvin Bartley) and managed to hold out till midway through the second half when they scored a quickfire double but a late Jamie MacLaren consolalation gave me unlikely hope in the second leg. Went 1-0 down at home after a minute but fought back and managed to take it to penalties and knock them out to reach the group stage.

Had a tough group but didn't really disgrace ourselves. Marseille were so clinical. I was actually 3-0 up against Ajax at home but their 2 late goals meant they'd go through instead of me on head-to-head if we finished on the same points. They only required a point in their final game against Marseille to qualify anyway and got it so wouldn't have mattered even if I did scud them 3-0. Well chuffed with the run in the tournament though.

5c0129be31988_europaleague.thumb.png.f5abd4aab1556b588f3fe1b200a5a10d.png

How's Allan doing? His physical attributes are fucking vile so I refuse to go near him.

Having a smasher in my second Roma season in terms of transfers.

Sergi Gomez from Dortmund for £8m, and Cutrone from Milan for £5m. Absolute bargains.

Mertens a free agent in the Summer, saving some powder for him.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Ooft, got as far as the quarter finals of the Europa League against Borussia Dortmind, was leading late 2-1 at home in the first leg when Felix Passlack eqalized late, then the second leg at the Westfalenstadion went poorly, losing 4-1. 

Between those legs I lost the Scottish Cup Semi-final 3-2 against Hibs after they scored a 94th minute winner

Won the league with Roma in the second season, came down to the final day though.

Lost the Europa League Final 4-0 to Chelsea though.

Fairly decent rebuild happening despite it though, Dries Mertens been signed on a free to provide some quality off the bench.

On 30/11/2018 at 13:27, RandomGuy. said:

How's Allan doing? His physical attributes are fucking vile so I refuse to go near him.

Having a smasher in my second Roma season in terms of transfers.

Sergi Gomez from Dortmund for £8m, and Cutrone from Milan for £5m. Absolute bargains.

Mertens a free agent in the Summer, saving some powder for him.

Been decent. He wasn't/isn't always a starter as second half of last year I had Longstaff, him and Mallan competing for 2 spots and this year I've him, Mallan and Jack Payne competing for 2 spots, plus as you say his physical attributes aren't the best so he isn't usually fit to play all the time anyway :lol: 6 goals and 5 assists in 21 appearences this campaign so far.

Played up till end of December in 2nd season. Going a bit more consistently in the league. Currently 3rd, 6 points behind Aberdeen in 2nd with a game in hand. Celtic are unsurprisingly breezing it. Managed to go a round better in the Betfred cup but still suffered a disappointing defeat to St Mirren. Had a couple of sensational results in the qualifiers (4-1 H v Feyenoord, 5-0 A v Rennes) but couldnt carry that form into the groups. Ended up disappointingly bottom of my group with 1 win, 1 draw and 4 defeats.

5c043720c68cc_resultstodecemberseason2.thumb.png.53baddb73091bd4261117688f9438299.png

5c0437304623b_resultstodecseason2.1.png.6184a3d13fe15d13f71a6e13d815926d.png

Was given £6million at the beginning of this season so managed to chuck a couple of million of it into my wage budget. Happy with my business, I now have a couple of good players fighting for every position on the park. Moult and Kamberi are both scoring regularly so rotate between them up front a lot. Haven't used Shankland as much as I'd have liked to because of it.

5c043868d9ee0_releasedseason2.png.b754a3030bbd9216e67a358d89993aeb.png

5c04387310e17_outsseason2.png.ec9d2b147ab06dc132ad7ca167769cd8.png

5c04387e78b37_insseason2.png.f05a349f73086756056b64d7f833a04c.png

Hadn't played this in about 10 years but my flat mate bought a new computer for recording music and purchased this along with it. We fired up a game yesterday and so much nostalgia came rushing back. Absolutely ball deep from here on in, but by f**k half of it is confusing as f**k.  I'm even finding signing up backroom staff a complete fucking nightmare, I got so frustrated last night that I ended up giving the DoF job to Pat Fucking Nevin.  I don't see me lasting long at the Sons with decisions like that.

Started a game with Villa, mainly because of John McGinn. 

Tried my best to get rid of some of the absolute pish they’ve got stealing 30k a week so I ended up with a decent budget. Also took the risky step of spreading a lot of the transfer fees going out the way over 48 months, which paid off with promotion. 

Finding it a lot easier to sign decent players in this game. Midfield currently includes Sandro Tonali who has been ridiculously good for me while I’ve got Fiete Arp up front. Signed Bakkali and Halilovic to play out wide for my first season in the premier league, could go badly wrong as both came with an injury prone warning.

Training seems to be a lot more detailed/complicated this year so I’ve not even tried to do that myself.

Into February now and just played still unbeaten Celtic at Celtic Park. Fucking gutted :lol:

fuckoff.thumb.png.4f6a59fff33842a7c34f20126421113e.png

My only January movement was selling Daryl Horgan to Hull for 750k and replacing him with David Brooks on loan from Bournemouth. He had just returned from a 6 month absence due to a leg break so they seemed happy to send him out somewhere for the second half of the season for game time. Scored 2 belters in this game, seems a shrewd addition.

Results up till that annoying Celtic game. The Aberdeen game was also a late winner by the home side by Stevie fucking May and my loanee from last season Sean Longstaff also scored. So that game was pretty annoying too! The win over Rangers was glorious though, especially as I played the 2nd half with 10 men - Richie Smallwoods 4th red card of the season :lol: Still confident of a 2nd place league finish and looking decent for a good Scottish Cup run again. I play Dundee away in the quarter final.

5c0667468008c_jannfeb2020fixtures.png.4459a03c5c8d421aa45303b010f97840.png

5c06681182118_tablefeb2020.png.c8bedf07fad52956c675110f453aa33b.png

Edited by C. Muir