Flares/Pyrotechnics; Fun? Annoying? Dangerous?

What do you think of flares and pyrotechnics?  

109 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Simple fact is that more people are killed by Policemen than  Flares.

Having this Officer stand in front of a camera armed to the teeth, with Tasers, Tear Gas and Truncheon, lecturing on the dangers of pyrotechnics seems rather Hypocritical.

If I am going to seek out reliable Health and Safety advice I don't think it will be from the most tooled up guy in the Stadium. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Accies1874 used to be the drummer boy in section A, before he seen the light

2 minutes ago, Helpma said:

He got hit by a flare?

I'm sorry to disappoint you, gentlemen, but you seem to have me confused with a character in a fictional show. Now, if you excuse me, my fondue is just about...

2 hours ago, GordonS said:

As social what now?

Also, football stadiums don't have much in common with sinking ships or war zones.

24 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You do realise that what you’ve said is utter nonsense and typical football fan “they’re picking on us, so they are” mentality. There is absolutely no need to take a flare, smoke bomb or whatever, to a football match. 

Durbrains

you can't really make a rational argument to allow them based on safety.

that said there are lot of things you can't make a rational argument in favour of that people enjoy ..smoking, correfoc fire festivals, up helly aa eg.

the bedwetters win this handsdown but are right boring basstards.

is it worth the laugh if someone gets injured?  no.  is life worth living though? aye.

No problem with them, and if they bam up boring, miserable fuckers (why do they even bother with the football) then even better.
Um, cos we like football, and infants waving sparklers about don't appear to have much interest in actual, y'know, football. They're just there for the lolz.

You think teams play better cos half a dozen early school leavers set off flares?

Also, I like being able to take my children to a game without some stupid p***k lighting a flare right beside us, as happened at Scotland v Poland at Hampden, in the fucking family section. If you want to play with your silly shiny toys, go do it well away from me.

You been to matches where you play the OF? [emoji6]
I've been to 10-12 OF matches, plus hundreds of Celtic games. I used to be a Celtic fan until I grew out of it.

Last thing OF matches need is flares and smoke bombs, they're intense enough as it is.

6 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I've been to 10-12 OF matches, plus hundreds of Celtic games. I used to be a Celtic fan until I grew out of it.

Last thing OF matches need is flares and smoke bombs, they're intense enough as it is.

OF matches could be improved with hydrogen bombs though 

10 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Um, cos we like football, and infants waving sparklers about don't appear to have much interest in actual, y'know, football. They're just there for the lolz.

You think teams play better cos half a dozen early school leavers set off flares?

Also, I like being able to take my children to a game without some stupid p***k lighting a flare right beside us, as happened at Scotland v Poland at Hampden, in the fucking family section. If you want to play with your silly shiny toys, go do it well away from me.

Think I've seen a flare in the Hearts end once, back in about 2005 at Easter Road. A smoke canister is something different entirely. When were flares last used by fans in Scotland?

If we bang a goal in against Hibs, Celtic, or Rangers and a smoke bomb or two gets chucked on the park, the time it takes the dafty stewards to clear it while you goad the opposing fans is a period of delicious schadenfreude, thanks. PowttJS.gif PowttJS.gif PowttJS.gif

I don't really GAF, but I do question what's missing from an adult human beings life that they'd think waving a wee firework around is somehow going to improve the perception of (for example) Livingston v Kilmarnock. 

3 hours ago, GordonS said:

^^^ Big team found.

Wait...

Archived