Craig Levein's own Heart of Midlothian FC v st mirren

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Away stand awash with rumours as you'd expect. In no particular order:

1. Stubbs doesn't like Allan McManus and has fallen out with him.

2. Pre match regardless of the result he's out this week.

3. Half time I was told Jim McIntyre already been sounded out. 

15 hours ago, Silvio said:

Away stand awash with rumours as you'd expect. In no particular order:

1. Stubbs doesn't like Allan McManus and has fallen out with him.

2. Pre match regardless of the result he's out this week.

3. Half time I was told Jim McIntyre already been sounded out. 

Gary Caldwell by the sounds of things. Need someone quick to sort out this shambles. 

My good mate is a jambo,he said to me last night that Saints were not that bad and missed a couple of decent  chances. That might well have been the case, but doesn’t alter the fact that the game as a contest was over at half time.

Our defending is pretty horrific and Stubbs is the man who signed these players. The buck stops with him and the board for appointing him on a 3 year contract. He got a 300k pay off from Rotherham, and he’ll get another decent pay off from us, unless there happens to be a clause that allows us to bullet him. 

My good mate is a jambo,he said to me last night that Saints were not that bad and missed a couple of decent  chances. That might well have been the case, but doesn’t alter the fact that the game as a contest was over at half time.
Our defending is pretty horrific and Stubbs is the man who signed these players. The buck stops with him and the board for appointing him on a 3 year contract. He got a 300k pay off from Rotherham, and he’ll get another decent pay off from us, unless there happens to be a clause that allows us to bullet him. 

This thread had led me to except a truly gutless outfit

I was surprised that they had so much fight, self belief and determination in them

Only once the margin was two goals did they seem to accept their fate

Strange game in a way. Can't remember the last time we were so comfortable while still being a bit sloppy at times, although that was mainly in the full back areas. All while still playing some really great stuff. Perhaps it was just because we were bombing forward at every opportunity. Second half was like a training exercise and f**k knows how we never added more.

Quite ridiculous how we managed to get Mitchell back for the season. He is already good enough for a top Championship team down south. Your eyes light up when he gets the ball and he just looks so technically gifted. He'll run riot up here, particularly against the weaker sides, if he avoids injuries. Best enjoy him while we can.

Naismith is also still at least a level above the Scottish Premiership. His leadership on the pitch is second to none. Ikpeazu had another good game, as did MacLean. Haring and Lee pulling the strings in midfield is beautiful as well after some of the utter shit we've had in there for the last two or three years. Morrison was excellent when be came on, and good to see Djoum back and Wighton get some game time.

Basically, I can't see how we won't win the treble this season. TRpAjwN.png

1 hour ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

I actually thought St Mirren were not bad going forward.   Two wide players were a threat and they made 4 or 5 great chances, including one absolute howler of a miss.

The defence though.  Dearie me. 

This, it is this, it's our defence and the organisation is a mess which is not really acceptable when your manager is an ex-defender. You could argue the quality of the additions to the squad but even bad players can be taught to play the game correctly.

I said this on the St Mirren thread, watching the "live" game on Alba showed we were nowhere near as bad as Preston on the radio was making out. Sure, we were bad, I'm not denying that.

The only think I could really complain about is the early penalty. It really wasn't a penalty.

I actually thought St Mirren were not bad going forward.   Two wide players were a threat and they made 4 or 5 great chances, including one absolute howler of a miss.
The defence though.  Dearie me. 
We say that on a half by half basis. Paid £75,000 for a guy who can't even get in this defence[emoji22]

15 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Not that it made any difference to the result but how Hearts escaped a red card is beyond me. That tackle on Flynn was an absolute shocker, the ref must have been thinking about what he was going to have for his tea or something.

Agree it should have been red. Everyone around me moaned in anguish when it happened thinking it was a straight red.

27 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Not that it made any difference to the result but how Hearts escaped a red card is beyond me. That tackle on Flynn was an absolute shocker, the ref must have been thinking about what he was going to have for his tea or something.

Establishment club. greggy.png

18 minutes ago, Paul Cicero said:

Still enjoyed seeing 30,000 **** silenced at Hampden March 2013 !!

titter.png

1 hour ago, The Tackle said:

Agree it should have been red. Everyone around me moaned in anguish when it happened thinking it was a straight red.

You could actually hear the crowd going 'uggghh' on the live stream when it hit. That distinctive noise when a crowd knows one of their own has made a total arse of it. The home support were certainly anticipating a red card going by the sound. 

Djoum should have definitely walked for it. It was a horrible challenge. Obviously made no impact to the result but its hardly the point. 

Archived