Craig Levein's own Heart of Midlothian FC v st mirren

11 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

The worst post I've ever had the misfortune of reading. 

St Mirren win. 

Obviously an armchair fan :P Anyone who has watched us play two amateur teams Spartons and Queens Park a 10 man Rangers , Aberdeen , Livingston  will know we are disorganised, Have no work ethical or fight but most of all leadership.Wake up and smell the coffee before it's too late. 

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having been written off by everyone St Mirren may be motivated to prove everybody wrong

Obviously an armchair fan [emoji14] Anyone who has watched us play two amateur teams Spartons and Queens Park a 10 man Rangers , Aberdeen , Livingston  will know we are disorganised, Have no work ethical or fight but most of all leadership.Wake up and smell the coffee before it's too late. 

Expect Stubbs to nail this post to the dressing room door

And then wonder why his iPad doesn't work any more

On 30/08/2018 at 14:12, Laid-back Accie said:

How is that relevant? I was making a connection to the situation, rather than the exact fixture. Hearts start the season unbeaten, come up against a team they expect to beat and continue their run, but end up failing in a big upset.

I thought I made my point clear enough, obviously not. Basically I'm trying to say that it's not a dead cert, and there is a chance St Mirren might turn up and get something.

Your point was void the moment you used a game reffed by Willie 'fucking' collum to make it.

1 minute ago, Mr. X said:

Almost everybody is expecting Hearts to just turn up and win 3-0.  It rarely turns out that way.

As long as we win I’ll be delighted.

I'm not I am expecting them to win by at least 6. 

Hearts -1 at 13/10 is a good price.  I can't ever bring myself to bet against St. Mirren but hopefully someone can make some money out of our misery.

I did wonder if Levein being absent might make a difference, but I just can't see it. We don't have any players who can do real damage and we are so weak at the back. I fear Ikpeazu will have a field day. 

The much maligned Jack Baird has to start. He's not a world beater but you know that he'll bust a gut to get his body in the way and will at least try to stand up to Ikpeazu. Kpekawa will chuck it after 20 mins if he's getting a rough time.

Been a Hearts fan long enough to know nothing is a certainty, even against a struggling team.

History tells us that Hearts can be quite generous when up against a team in need.

I'll take a scrappy 1-0 win to keep the run going.

53 minutes ago, geo87 said:

Any good boozer recommendations in haymarket? Football and food only requirements

Haven't been up that way for a while, but Ryrie's is right next to Haymarket Station to the right, and there was another boozer to the left of the station exit - more likely to get food in there? There's another pub across the road in West Maitland Street, but I cannae mind what it's called.

6 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Damage limitation today, I’m going to be happy if we don’t get totally embarrassed. My heart says 2-0 but in reality my head says Hearts will run riot and score four or five. 

I agree, a spirited performance that actually sees us compete and at least ask some questions of Hearts and I'll be quite happy. There's been little or no fight the last couple of weeks and that's been difficult to watch.

Just now, houston_bud said:

I agree, a spirited performance that actually sees us compete and at least ask some questions of Hearts and I'll be quite happy. There's been little or no fight the last couple of weeks and that's been difficult to watch.

It’s completely soul destroying to see how far backwards we’ve gone under Stubbs stewardship.

Its difficult to see how we can be competitive with the unbalanced and weak squad he’s assembled.

Im hoping for a gutsy fighting performance., where we at least show some spirit and give our fans something to give us some encouragement.   

1 hour ago, houston_bud said:

Hearts -1 at 13/10 is a good price.  I can't ever bring myself to bet against St. Mirren but hopefully someone can make some money out of our misery.

Neither can I usually but that's how bad we've looked this season that if we're so abjectly shite, I may as well soften the blow of it.

I'd trade the £30 for a hard fought point and a bit of hope though.

image.png.447c2937676ce1b825cde8c02cbf273c.png

11 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

DmAngW2X0AEczHq.jpg

Not totally sure how we'll set up here. 3-5-1-1, or maybe a 4-4-1-1 with Coulson at left mid.

I'd have Mullen in for Brock-Madsen.

To me, that has to be a 3 or 5 at the back. Hodson and Coulson working as wingbacks. I mean, sure, we've been leaking goals so throwing in 3 defenders in there rather than 2 might work. I said previously that I think he'll push rather than sit back and that might be why we are going wide across the back line.

Archived