Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

911 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, BILmac1967 said:

If the alternatives are Gary Lineker on poverty wages of about £1.7mil. or whatever, he has to force that creepy grin to let you know he's trying to be funny, I always remember Adrian Chiles on big money, who had to chuck it in because of his depression, I mean, who knew? he seemed so happy-go-lucky.

If I had to choose between either of those or Tam Cowan, no contest.

Joking about Mental Health, get yourself to f**k.

Also he left the BBC to go to ITV for more money, so GIRFUY

If the alternatives are Gary Lineker on poverty wages of about £1.7mil. or whatever, he has to force that creepy grin to let you know he's trying to be funny, I always remember Adrian Chiles on big money, who had to chuck it in because of his depression, I mean, who knew? he seemed so happy-go-lucky.
If I had to choose between either of those or Tam Cowan, no contest.

That’s a seriously poor post.

8 hours ago, Big Chief Toffee Teeth said:

Malaga is a fabulous city and, despite its proximity to Scot/Brit tourist shiteholes, has not a whiff of the kind of customer these two might wish to attract. It'll die on its arse.

Seems he got it wrong and it is in one of the shitholes you allude to. No shock. 

11 minutes ago, Lee Van Tee said:

Actually really enjoyed Tam Cowan for the first part of the show there, made me laugh and spoke sense about Stevie Clarke.

But Derek Ferguson and this Wet Wet Wet guy, man. Man it must be frustrating for him, man, what with his big team dying, man, and wee team dying too, man. 

A shocker. The guy (with this 'man' pish) is an absolute goon.

All their musical choices are honking too. A Sevco/Celtic supporting guest as well (which, as we've established, is now official policy).

Also Cosgrove inexplicably thinks Andorra are playing World Cup qualifiers.

Edited by DA Baracus

5 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

A shocker. The guy (with this 'man' pish) is an absolute goon.

All their musical choices are honking too. A Sevco/Celtic supporting guest as well (which, as we've established, is now official policy).

Also Cosgrove inexplicably thinks Andorra are playing World Cup qualifiers.

I turned off before having to suffer whatever Derek Ferguson chose. I'm guessing Amy McDonald or some other Rangers fan.

Was excited when I heard Keaghan Jacobs was a guest on OTB tonight. I haven't listened to the show in many years but gave it a go tonight. Don't think I'll be listening again TBH. They'd ask Keaghan a question and then just talk/shout over his answer with some unrelated pish....is that normal for this national radio show?

They need to drop the 5 tunes stuff for the evening guest, or at least stop letting Cowan pick the tunes.

It's obvious he does as the vast majority of the time the guest, and usually Cosgrove, have no idea what the tunes are whilst Cowan is incredulous that they don't know the tune. Plus they're almost always absolute shite.

I quite like the evening show, although it depends on the guest. If, like tonight, they have someone new on or someone who isn't a Celtic/Sevco fan then it can be interesting and insightful. If it is a Celtic/Sevco fan then we hear the same boring shit and sycophantic nonsense.

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Was excited when I heard Keaghan Jacobs was a guest on OTB tonight. I haven't listened to the show in many years but gave it a go tonight. Don't think I'll be listening again TBH. They'd ask Keaghan a question and then just talk/shout over his answer with some unrelated pish....is that normal for this national radio show?

They do shout over guests all the time (it was the same when John Rankin was on - Cowan asked him a question, which Cosgrove then spent a good minute answering) but Jacobs gave them almost nothing to work with. One word answers, didn't have a story to tell about anything.

On 10/10/2019 at 14:02, JTS98 said:

To be fair, that's just age.

Left to my own devices, I think it isn't that long ago since Airdrie were a good cup team regularly reaching cup semis and finals.

I think our footballing perceptions from our relative youth just stick with us forever. I still find it strange that Accies are a top flight team, for example. They just never were when I was a kid.

I disagree.  When I was a child, Clyde were a fairly big side and one of the more dangerous teams in the second tier.  Certainly don't think of them like that anymore.

1 hour ago, Highland Capital said:

I disagree.  When I was a child, Clyde were a fairly big side and one of the more dangerous teams in the second tier.  Certainly don't think of them like that anymore.

You've quite obviously had a very, very, very long time to adjust.

Actually, just re-read. Second tier. The Paddy Keogh era, I suppose. You mugged a promotion off them. Fair point.

Edited by JTS98

• 3 weeks later...

Tam Cowan with a triple 'yer da' on the same thing.

He thinks that the White Stripes' 'Seven Nation Army' is a modern pop song (it's 16 years old), that the band is called 'Seven Nation Army' and that it's the type of tune you'd hear in 'Manumission in Ibiza'

Actually add another one on because he said he's never heard it.

Cosgrove on his high horse again about financial doping and sustainability and in the same breath  has Fort William ie ICT Colts as his team of the year.

He also says they are winning regulalry. They currently ait bottom of the Highland League P10 L9.

As someone said before he obviously likes the idea and romance of the game and the details arent important.

On 02/11/2019 at 13:43, DA Baracus said:

Tam Cowan with a triple 'yer da' on the same thing.

He thinks that the White Stripes' 'Seven Nation Army' is a modern pop song (it's 16 years old), that the band is called 'Seven Nation Army' and that it's the type of tune you'd hear in 'Manumission in Ibiza'

Actually add another one on because he said he's never heard it.

He actually made me laugh joking about hearing it at Manumission. Come on, the idea of Tam clubbing it in Ibiza is funny, isn't it?

For some time now Cosgrove has increasingly seemed to be wanting the show to be about his views and interests. For instance he’ll often interrupt Cowan when he’s trying to make some point and virtually tell him off for wasting time on some topic or exclaim “What’s that got tae dae wi’ Scottish fitbaw ?!”

But he also often interrupts the others to raise some point of trivia relating to Motown or something like that. Apologies if I’m repeating myself but I’m convinced now that Cowan only tolerates Cosgrove as his friend and he’s treating him like an elderly relative who’s showing signs of senile dementia setting in.