Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

911 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The first time I heard Loy commentating, during the Covid season I think it was, it was a Championship game, I thought he sounded insightful and it was refreshing to hear.  Now I think he's a football cliché-riddled moron, like James McFadden.  He spouts an un-holy amount of shite.  Ex-Old Firm of course, so he's got a job as long as he wants it.

Loy seemed like a knowledgeable ex-pro purely because he could name you some of the players in the championship. I'd be surprised if half of them could name the teams in the Championship, let alone the players.

By comparison, Rory Loy is still head and shoulders above almost all of them - but purely by default.

I know it's not fashionable in this thread to post something positive about Tam, but I will anyway.

I helped him do a recent event in Paisley, and he received a fee for that from Renfrewshire Council, a very reasonable one at that.

He asked me to collect on his behalf and donate the lot to the St.Mirren Youth Academy.

He's a really good guy, whatever you think of his sense of humour.

21 minutes ago, Div said:

I know it's not fashionable in this thread to post something positive about Tam, but I will anyway.

I helped him do a recent event in Paisley, and he received a fee for that from Renfrewshire Council, a very reasonable one at that.

He asked me to collect on his behalf and donate the lot to the St.Mirren Youth Academy.

Aye but what did you really do with it?

59 minutes ago, Div said:

So what you're saying is, he does a lot of good work for charity/good causes but doesn't like to talk about it?

Personally I still think he should have lost his licence fee funded job for the Marvin Bartley fiasco.

Edited by VictorOnopko

51 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

So what you're saying is, he does a lot of good work for charity/good causes but doesn't like to talk about it?

I know you're taking the piss, but yes, that's entirely accurate.

21 hours ago, Div said:

Tam I'm sure is a good and generous guy. That though is irrelevant to whether or not he is a good broadcaster. And as he co-hosts a radio show where his appointed role appears to be that of 'funny man', then what people think of his 'sense of humour' is more important than how much money he may donate, however worthy the cause. 

8 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

Tam I'm sure is a good and generous guy. That though is irrelevant to whether or not he is a good broadcaster. And as he co-hosts a radio show where his appointed role appears to be that of 'funny man', then what people think of his 'sense of humour' is more important than how much money he may donate, however worthy the cause. 

Whether or not he is a good broadcaster is, like any form of entertainment, completely subjective.

Plenty people must like it or the show wouldn't be about to enter it's 30th year.

I suppose if folk don't like Tam or the show they could, and this is a bit wild, just not bother listening to it?

On 24/11/2023 at 23:51, VincentGuerin said:

My missus, who is English, left saying everyone seemed to have a nice time, but she'd had no fucking idea what she was saying. At which point I asked her how she had any idea what I am saying most of the time. She said that she simply did not. The success of a relationship explained.

That also explains why most of us put up with your nonsense on here. 😂

Most of the time we have no idea what you are ranting about ya mad Jambo. 

On 12/12/2023 at 11:29, TheScarf said:

Ex-Old Firm of course, so he's got a job as long as he wants it.

On 12/12/2023 at 11:50, Charles Stiles said:

Loy was with nine clubs in his career. He played twice for Rangers, the lowest number of appearances for any of them. He also played 5 times for Scotland U-21s. He's a classic example of the ridiculous ex-Rangers/Celtic life-time honour bestowed on their rejects by the bigot fawning media. 

image.png.a1d8742bccda9e81e4c444020b676e80.png

EX-RANGERS STARLET