Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

938 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

Seem to recall that Dougie was a DJ/announcer at the Strathclyde students union back in the late 70s.

Missed his OTB show as I'm beyond tired of Tam's "yer da" patter and Cosgrove's endless tales of life in the Perth schemes. It's great having an irreverent fitba show on a Saturday that isn't focused on the OF, but .... there are actually other clubs out there apart from Motherwell and St Johnstone, come on guys ... nothing against those two clubs btw ...

Go back and listen if you can. It’s probably one of the best episodes in a long time. Cowan is terrible for talking over guests or not giving them time to actually answer a question or finish a story, but Donnelly was rarely interrupted. Kenny McIntyre seemed in genuine awe as well. 

12 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

Go back and listen if you can. It’s probably one of the best episodes in a long time. Cowan is terrible for talking over guests or not giving them time to actually answer a question or finish a story, but Donnelly was rarely interrupted. Kenny McIntyre seemed in genuine awe as well. 

Liked that Donnelly mentioned his support for Clyde initially stemmed from his dad's determination that he wouldn't grow up supporting one of the Old Firm. We need more people like that.

Edited by kennie makevin

32 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

Have to echo that. I only caught bits of it and will try to catch up with the rest but he came across as a genuinely decent guy with many an interesting tale. I'll probably end up buying his book as a Christmas present for my dad (with a view to borrowing it once he's done).

It did show that a good guest really transforms the programme.

32 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

Have to echo that. I only caught bits of it and will try to catch up with the rest but he came across as a genuinely decent guy with many an interesting tale. I'll probably end up buying his book as a Christmas present for my dad (with a view to borrowing it once he's done).

19 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

19 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Clearly...

No idea what happened there, I'm blaming the site 😄. I clicked on submit reply and there was a long delay. Next thing I see is I've posted the same comment twice.

Anyway, he was a great guest and I'll probably buy the book he was plugging as a Christmas present for my dad with the intention of borrowing it once he's finished it.

9 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

That sounds great. Shame OtB hasn't been that for many years. Old Firm supporting guests, Old Firm chat, same old same old.

Aye, the intent is fine but the delivery is sadly wanting now.

That said, can't exactly be easy to find an endless stream of non OF supporting guests ... lets face it, probably 70% of the population leans to either of the ugly sisters ... so depressing ...

9 hours ago, mozam76 said:

Will do, definitely, cheers. 👍