Scotland squad for Next month

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Still fail to get the mctominay hype hasn’t played enough club football to be thrown into key internationals

If you want a holding midfielder it’s either him or McDonald* - who has hardly impressed so far isn’t getting much younger.

Not a surprise that many are plumping for McTominay instead.

*Unless you put Mulgrew in midfield, but there’s no chance of that happening.

9 hours ago, eez-eh said:

If you want a holding midfielder it’s either him or McDonald* - who has hardly impressed so far isn’t getting much younger.

Not a surprise that many are plumping for McTominay instead.

*Unless you put Mulgrew in midfield, but there’s no chance of that happening.

It's worth mentioning that Callum McGregor played the "Scott Brown" role for Celtic against us at the weekend, and looked much better at it. 

Although he wasn't really under any pressure to defend at any point.

It's worth mentioning that Callum McGregor played the "Scott Brown" role for Celtic against us at the weekend, and looked much better at it. 
I didn't watch the St Johnstone match, but I think you'd be losing a lot of McGregor's game playing him there - same as McGinn.

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:
1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I didn't watch the St Johnstone match, but I think you'd be losing a lot of McGregor's game playing him there - same as McGinn.

Maybe, he just seemed quite comfortable recycling possession, and was able to *doffs f**k yer das cap* beat the press and create gaps for the midfielders beside him.  

Armstrong, McGinn and McGregor with Russell and Naismith ahead of them is EXACTLY the way we should be playing, short sharp passing and running into channels, not fucking lumping high balls to McBurnie. Play fucking football on the deck and run rings around these c***s Scotland. 

Fraser,as decent as he is,can GTF as far as I'm concerned.Played the whole of Bournemouth's match against Chelsea prior to the last internationals,pulled out the squad with a "hamstring" problem,missed the 2 international games but was fit for his club again at the weekend,playing the whole match and scoring twice against Leicester.Why do we put up with this shite?

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Armstrong, McGinn and McGregor with Russell and Naismith ahead of them is EXACTLY the way we should be playing, short sharp passing and running into channels, not fucking lumping high balls to McBurnie. Play fucking football on the deck and run rings around these c***s Scotland. 

Tbf, i'm not sure why so many folk are failing to see that that's quite obviously what we've been trying to do. 

This is very much a work in progress, but i believe me could be on to something. 

3 minutes ago, Estragon said:

He was doing fine until those pesky facial spasms.

"Is there anything you'd like to ask, Ryan?"

"Yes, Alex, yes there is. Alex, how much washing-up do you think you could do without any washing-up liquid?"

1 hour ago, TurbineTon said:

Tbf, i'm not sure why so many folk are failing to see that that's quite obviously what we've been trying to do. 

This is very much a work in progress, but i believe me could be on to something. 

And against teams like Albania and Israel it'll get you points more often than not. We have some decent players, play to their strengths. 

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Israel are a difficult side to break down, just need to look at their past results, the only side to comfortably pump them were Northern Ireland who played a more direct style. Whilst I agree it would be great to see Scotland get the ball on the deck and play a bit, I don't think tomorrow night is going to be the evening for it. 

Archived