Scotland squad for Next month

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scotland squad

Keeper: MacDonald (Killie), McLaughlin (Sunderland), Archer (Miwall);

Defender:  Hendry (Celtic), McKenna (Aberdeen),  Souttar (Hearts), O'Donnell (Killie), Bates (Hamburg), Robertson (Liverpool), Tierney (Celtic);

Midfielder Cairney (Fulham), McGregor (Celtic), Armstrong (Southampton), Gilmour (Chelsea), McGinn (Villa), Ritchie (Newcastle Utd), Phillips (WBA), Johnston (Celtic), Burke (WBA);  

Striker: McBurnie (Swansea City), Hornby (Everton), Naismith (HOM), Harper (Malaga), Griffith (Celtic)

On 14/09/2018 at 23:30, ListerRRFC said:

Wouldn't mind seeing Macleod called up. He's been an important player in the centre of the park for a good Brentford side. Wouldn't see him as any more than back-up at present though.

MacLeod, Mackay

Both should be in contention

We actually have a massive amount of midfielders at a reasonable level

On 14/09/2018 at 22:28, Craig McCulloch Burley said:

Scotland squad

Keeper: MacDonald (Killie), McLaughlin (Sunderland), Archer (Miwall);

Defender:  Hendry (Celtic), McKenna (Aberdeen),  Souttar (Hearts), O'Donnell (Killie), Bates (Hamburg), Robertson (Liverpool), Tierney (Celtic);

Midfielder Cairney (Fulham), McGregor (Celtic), Armstrong (Southampton), Gilmour (Chelsea), McGinn (Villa), Ritchie (Bounemouth), Phillips (WBA), Johnston (Celtic), Burke (WBA);  

Striker: McBurnie (Swansea City), Hornby (Everton), Naismith (HOM), Harper (Malaga), Griffith (Celtic)

Ritchie doesn't play for Bournemouth

He's also an English barsteward

1 minute ago, dysartrovers said:

I would like to see fifa implement a rule where if you call off an international then you can't play
for a club within 7 days

Mcburnie 90 mins

Fraser 90 mins, motm

Phillips 90 mins, motm

9 hours ago, Binos said:

James McArthur

Played his 5th consecutive 90 mins of the league season today

Played every minute of crystal palaces league season

Can't make our squad

He asked not to be considered.

McArthur BOOOOOOOO!

Phillips BOOOOOOOOO! (in an English accent)

Fraser BOOOOOOOO!

On 13/09/2018 at 17:40, DA Baracus said:

SPFL players? Doubt McLeish will be selecting any SPFL players outwith Premiership players

There have been at least three Championship players picked for Scotland in the last few years (Wallace, McGinn, Morgan).

FIFA don't need to step in, I'd just like us to have more consequences for not being involved.  Outside of the obvious (who will always turn up), there isn't one player in the squad who is indispensable.  Every time they drop out for a reason that looks a bit iffy, McLeish should be stronger with them and let them know that that's fine, but they're jeopardising future call-ups.  

I don't particularly care where people were born, or what accent they talk in, or whether they can sing the National Anthem with a mouthful of haggis, I'd just really like them to actually want to play for us.

I'm not too fussed about McArthur. He's had niggling injuries and been playing through them for a while for club and country. He's not "retired" but he knows his own body and thinks he needs these breaks the international games give to get back to his best. I'd rather have a fully fit McArthur for all of 2019 than one carrying injuries in 2018.

Archived