Betfred Semi-Finals

glasgow-sheep

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Absolute joke of a decision. I’d say it’s unbelievable but it’s not really.

Next season they surely have to fix League Cup SFs for preceding or following weekend. No clash could occur that way as we can't have 2 clubs in CL groups (and even if we did their games might be 1 Tue/1 Wed).

It wasn't outlandish to think we might have 2 clubs in EL groups, yet it wasn't taken into account. As I mentioned they have taken account of CL/EL factor for League Cup Final.

I would have thought that due to the fact that Celtic v Hearts and Rangers v Aberdeen are in themselves highly charged fixtures this would be ruled completely out of hand, plus there’s double the amount of fans, supporters buses etc. to get in and out of the place on the roads and rail network, the uncertainty about when the first game will finish due to the potential for ET and pens.
What about arrangements for hospitality at the stadium, which will definitely be one of the things taken into consideration?

Nae chance, surely?

Every chance I meant, every chance! [emoji50]

Unless I'm being whooshed... the top 4 divisions, plus 2 others (HL + LL champions) to make equally-sized groups.

All the four divisions plus the Highland and Lowland League Winners. 

Cove Rangers and Spartans played in it.

So 44 clubs?

Fantastic stuff from the SPFL.

I want the first game to be delayed by an hour due to traffic issues, I want play delayed because of crowd troubles, I want the game to go to extra time and penalties and to have the evening game cancelled because the pitch is fucked. I want absolute fucking chaos.

What an absolutely shambolic decision. Only teams this suits are the scum. Many hearts fans likely to be put off by getting back to Edinburgh late and many Aberdeen fans likely to be put off by leaving at 8am. Probably the worst solution they could have come up with so it shouldn't surprise us.

Archived