Betfred Semi-Finals

glasgow-sheep

That is really an issue for Scotrail.

I wonder if Scotrail will receive a ‘strongly worded letter’ from the polis advising them not to arrange football specials, therefore making Dons fans travelling from the North East use cars/supporters buses thus avoiding them hanging about the city centre in any great numbers after the game?

.....or is this Tinfoil hattery?

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, H Wragg said:

I wonder if Scotrail will receive a ‘strongly worded letter’ from the polis advising them not to arrange football specials, therefore making Dons fans travelling from the North East use cars/supporters buses thus avoiding them hanging about the city centre in any great numbers after the game?

They will make a fortune that day alone.

1 minute ago, H Wragg said:

It is. Football Specials in days of yore were scheduled to leave very soon after the final whistle so no hanging about anywhere.

Just now, steve55 said:

A lot of Hibs casuals will be pissed off at missing out on it lol

They can team up with us and Aberdeen for a big riot with the Glasgow and Edinburgh **** in George Square in the window between both games.

Celtic and Hearts fans hate each other, as do Aberdeen and Rangers, this could surpass the riot at the bridge near Millwall at the end of the Football Factory, any one who fucking runs gets proper served up back at the pub.

Used to have them stupid friendly pre-season tournaments, 2 semi finals on the Saturday, Final & 3rd place on the Sunday
(seem to remember one at Pittodrie with Man U, West Ham and...Southampton?)
Course they didn't involve having thousands of fans being inconvenienced or actually matter a single fucking bit
That's a fair while back.
WH kicked fk out of anything that moved outside the ground

2 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

What, it will be a love in?

Hearts and Rangers in one set of pubs singing Billy Boys and Celtic and Aberdeen sharing another remembering that time they won European trophies.

:lol: I feel sorry for the emergency services

Might be imagining this but sure I remember reading that there is no longer the spare rolling stock for them to put on football specials.

Scotrail manage to find loads of spare rolling stock for events at Hampden for everything from football matches to concerts by boy bands.

Given that, surely they can spare one 6 or 8 carriage train for one return journey on a Sunday morning and afternoon?

Guest DAVIDB69
Most of you who are under 30 years of age won't have heard of this but there used to be trains called "Football Specials" which would take you direct from the town your team played in to the town the match was taking place.
When St. Mirren were doing well in the Scottish Cup in the 80s we got special trains from Gilmour St to Bridgeston for the semis in 82 and 83, Airdrie for the QF in 84 away to Airdrie and to Mount Florida for the final in 87.
Assuming that Aberdeen get the King's Park end of Hampden, would there not be a way to for a Football Special to come into Glasgow from Aberdeen via Stirling and Rutherglen which would then allow access to the Cathcart Circle and King's Park station?

Yes the cup final in 87 got on a train in Dundee and got off at kings park direct. I am sure it was the same for the 88 final

13 minutes ago, Jute said:

Might be imagining this but sure I remember reading that there is no longer the spare rolling stock for them to put on football specials.

To be fair, there might be on an early Sunday morning. Whether or not the SPFL actually considered approaching Scotrail on that, or even thought one second about travel arrangements for Dons fans, is obviously the question...

Archived