Rangers v Heart of Midlothian - 7th October 2018

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a total eclipse of the hearts....

Destroyed them in the first half and sat off them in the second when they went full hammer throwing....

We are Sevco and we play football.

On 06/10/2018 at 15:11, Darren said:

Hearts have played some great football this season but I'm looking forward to us returning to our shithousing ways tomorrow.

Lump it to Uche, dive all over the place and get it right up them, Hearts.

Lump it to Uche - check.
dive all over the place - check
get it right up them -Oh dear

Best 30 minutes we've played for years* and the most enjoyable start to the league I can remember.  Brilliant that we have 6 clubs so closely grouped at this stage and if the league is won by one of the provincial** clubs then I'd be very pleased.  It won't be Hearts, though.  It's the first time I've watched them for 90 mins this season and I am aghast at how shite they were. 

Michael Smith made the sensible decision to engineer his sending-off.  He was guff and a fair few of his team mates were little better.

As for us?  After getting our arses felt last Sunday our response has been exemplary.  Two great 3-1 wins against creditable opposition?  A great 5 days.

Awful quiet in here after the predictions over the last few days!? Is it because last weeks Livi match thread is still going perhaps!? [emoji849]
Cracking first half, before easing off. Great performance and result to follow Thursdays shift. Standouts today, Kent, Arfield, Morelos & Cadeias. Mon Rangers.

Fair play to Levein for believing the hype and going with a forward thinking formation. 

Bit disappointed Rangers decided it was okay to allow Hearts some of the ball for once in the second half but understandable after the tough game on Thursday, already being 3-0 up and also an extra player to the good. Or it could easily have been five or six goals.

Great goal from Morelos, too.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

It's a total eclipse of the hearts....

Destroyed them in the first half and sat off them in the second when they went full hammer throwing....

We are Sevco and we play football which I watch on the telly. In a b&b.

Rangers obviously deserved the win but I'm so annoyed at our defending.  Rangers came out the traps which you knew they would but every single goal comes from a horrific bit of defending, it's really unlike us and sticks in the throat.  I actually thought we played relatively well in an attacking sense, created quite a lot of decent chances but if you defend like mugs you'll not get much.

On the positive side that's us played both Celtic and Rangers and had a few difficult away trips and we're still top.  Got to keep it in perspective, it's been a great start to the season and we've got a good game coming up against Aberdeen, win that and we'll quickly be feeling good about ourselves again.

On 30/09/2018 at 06:17, JamieThomas said:

Can't afford to be complacent in this one, as make no mistake this is Rangers' Cup Final. However, if we play to even 70% of our abilities then I imagine we'll drill 4 or 5 past them.

Didn't expect us to play to 7% tbf

skZap6W.png

If you throw the ball in your own net, you won't win.  We had decent spells and made as many chances as Rangers but lost goals you'd laugh at in a Sunday league game.

Disappointing, and probably the biggest lesson is Mitchell at LB in harder games is a worry.  Should have stuck with Morrison wide as well.

Just watched the goals and the defending from Hearts for those goals is absolutely laughable. The first goal especially - what on earth were they thinking? Every Hearts player runs away from the ball, it’s madness. Big opportunity missed by Hearts today.

Archived