St Johnstone v Celtic, 7th October

9 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Not that different an afternoon after all then Tam.

We had the full leaving home to join the IRA number to oo aah up the ra, a real sing along for the whole family to enjoy.

What is wrong with these c***s? Absolute dregs of society. I bet there were plenty of foreign flags on show too, sooner these c***s f**k off and take their red white and blue pals with them the better.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

What is wrong with these c***s? Absolute dregs of society. I bet there were plenty of foreign flags on show too, sooner these c***s f**k off and take their red white and blue pals with them the better.

The IRA song content was as bad as I've heard it for a long while. It's bizarre how the police, tv companies, media, politicians etc turn a blind eye to it. You look at the outrage we rightly show in this country at some Eastern European countries/ Italy etc being hugely racist at some games and getting huge fines, playing behind closed doors etc, and yet look what we accept in this country.  The first question BT should have asked Brendan Rogers was what he thought of his support singing sectarian songs, but not a word.  

Deduct points from any club whose support comes out with sectarian shite and you'd stamp it out within a couple of months.  

The sad fact is the media, police and politicians are too scared to upset either half of the old firm.

Spoiler

No excuses about the game by the way, we were a joke in that first half and Celtic were very good. Thoroughly deserved humping.

1 hour ago, ali_91 said:

Must admit I didn’t think Swanson’s was a red. Was a carbon copy of Alston’s last year against Hibs when he got booked. I don’t know what he’s sent off for, it’s not dangerous and it’s not a clear goalscoring opportunity (unless you’re basing it on our defending yesterday.) Yellow for me. Crucial time in the game as well. 

I listened to Michael Stewart slavering some utter pish on sportscene about how it could have been a leg breaker etc last night and wondered what he was on about.

Having said that, Swanson made no attempt to get the ball and lunged straight at the man so I can't argue too strongly about it being a red.

Was a pity, as I think we might have forced the draw if we'd kept it 11 v 11.

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

The IRA song content was as bad as I've heard it for a long while. It's bizarre how the police, tv companies, media, politicians etc turn a blind eye to it. You look at the outrage we rightly show in this country at some Eastern European countries/ Italy etc being hugely racist at some games and getting huge fines, playing behind closed doors etc, and yet look what we accept in this country.  The first question BT should have asked Brendan Rogers was what he thought of his support singing sectarian songs, but not a word.  

Deduct points from any club whose support comes out with sectarian shite and you'd stamp it out within a couple of months.  

The sad fact is the media, police and politicians are too scared to upset either half of the old firm.

Reveal hidden contents

No excuses about the game by the way, we were a joke in that first half and Celtic were very good. Thoroughly deserved humping.

They applauded the show the racism the red card stuff at the start though, so can give themselves a wee pat on the back.

All three stands singing about the IRA too, "just the minority", though.

9 hours ago, ali_91 said:

Must admit I didn’t think Swanson’s was a red. Was a carbon copy of Alston’s last year against Hibs when he got booked. I don’t know what he’s sent off for, it’s not dangerous and it’s not a clear goalscoring opportunity (unless you’re basing it on our defending yesterday.) Yellow for me. Crucial time in the game as well. 

A studs up tackle from behind with no hope of getting the ball and definitely not before the man. Only in Scotland would people debate this. 

A more conspiracy minded Celtic supporter than me remarked he probably wouldn't have been off if it wasn't 5-0 at the time, but I don't subscribe to that kind of thinking (but I'm just going to throw it out there anyway in a sleekit Gincardine manner). 

9 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Didn’t think it was studs up but I’ve not watched it back. Looked like he just swiped his legs away. If it was dangerous fair enough, no chance I’m watching any of yesterday back. 

If you do manage to look at the highlights on the BBC website his studs are up at the point where he was about to connect. I was gonna screenshot it but I’m not all that handy on these computers they’ve got these days and life’s too short.

11 hours ago, ali_91 said:

The above video is linked to the incident at 1:20. If you lunge at an opponent with excessive force or endanger the safety of an opponent then that's serious foul play and a red card. Watch it in slow motion, he catches Forrest with his studs up lunging from behind. Must say it's a good throw out by Gordon.

Difference with Alston's is that he only kicked McGinn recklessly to stop a promising attack, which is a yellow.

He catches Forrest on the side of the shin, certainly doesn't "launch studs first from behind".

It still absolutely buckles me there was a genuine discussion about the Alston tackle being a red though.

A couple of farmers wife's getting upset about a few songs, if you don't like the songs don't go to the celtic games. 
Plenty don't. The club launched a bring a friend for a tenner deal as around 30-40% of season ticket holders were missing from games against Rangers and Celtic.

4 minutes ago, Rovers15 said:

A couple of farmers wife's getting upset about a few songs, if you don't like the songs don't go to the celtic games. 

^ Fat bald c**t who spent the whole game melting a drum in the middle of 50 teenage laddies, IMO.

23 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He catches Forrest on the side of the shin, certainly doesn't "launch studs first from behind".

Yes he did. Stop getting Celtic v St Johnstone wrong. He is behind James Forrest when he flies in. The ball is in front of James Forrest. James Forrest has started running diagnally at the time so it’s at a slight angle but it’s still “from behind”. If it was side on and the ball was as far away it would be no better.  It isn’t however the “worst challenge ever” or anything. The below is after the connection but it was the best I could do -

25as236.png

Also “the side of the shin” is an odd phrase. It’s pretty much impossible to connect with the tibia anything other than head on.

15 minutes ago, The OP said:

Yes he did. Stop getting Celtic v St Johnstone wrong. He is behind James Forrest when he flies in. The ball is in front of James Forrest. James Forrest has started running diagnally at the time so it’s at a slight angle but it’s still “from behind”. If it was side on and the ball was as far away it would be no better.  It isn’t however the “worst challenge ever” or anything. The below is after the connection but it was the best I could do -

25as236.png

Also “the side of the shin” is an odd phrase. It’s pretty much impossible to connect with the tibia anything other than head on.

Screenshot_20181008-185356_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a7fe29f06ac476d5588c90118c1bc847.jpg

He comes in from the side. It looks grim because of the speed Forrest is going at. Don't think it's red because it's a Saints player doing it, probably feel differently if it happened to us.

Archived