St Johnstone v Celtic, 7th October

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

The only positive from that game was watching those idiots scrapping in the Celtic end and the subsequent arrests and stretchering out of a KOd fan. Bunch of absolute mutants. 

Apparently the same bloke who spent the first 20 minutes throwing punches at fellow fans and the police, who ended up knocking the guy out. 

Nice to see the police letting him stay when they chuck out Saints fans for standing.

1 hour ago, Steve McQueen said:

Swanson's sending off is almost identical tobtge one he got for Utd against us, same area of the pitch as well.

That one should have been a yellow too!

It is currently hard to work out whether the same rules apply in Scotland as the rest of the world, but by any measure that was a clear red.

49 minutes ago, The OP said:

It is currently hard to work out whether the same rules apply in Scotland as the rest of the world, but by any measure that was a clear red.

The same rules clearly don't apply, seeing as how Lustig can stick a head in someone and only get a talking too.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The same rules clearly don't apply, seeing as how Lustig can stick a head in someone and only get a talking too.

Must’ve missed that unless you’re referring to him squaring up to Wotherspoon after he left a second one on him in a couple of minutes. Not being sarcastic btw, I missed the first 10 minutes of the game at the start and halfway through the second half and I presume you don’t think that bit of annoyed posturing is malkying someone.

Looked like he tried to throw the head to me tbh, but by that point the tears had severely blurred my vision. 

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Looked like he tried to throw the head to me tbh, but by that point the tears had severely blurred my vision. 

To be honest I switched from the TV to the ipad after half time to keep an eye on City Liverpool as I have Sky and someone else’s BT app, but struck me as just a posturey squaring up and BT never made anything of it.

Foster was limping just before he got subbed, and Drey Wright had swapped to right back to cover just prior to him getting subbed.

Was wondering if anyone had noticed anything more with that. I did notice that Foster was miles away from the RB position when the fifth went in and then immediately went off, with Anderson having been called back a minute or two earlier and the electronic board already prepared. That made me think there must be an injury, but with Foster a known hothead you never know!

I think blaming the tactics is missing the bigger issue. I was reasonably okay with the line up, though I said I’d have preferred Craig as a sitting midfielder to either one of Spoony or Callahan, and was surprised we didn’t make use of his experience in there.

If a full back slips on the ball and let’s a player run straight thru on goal, if the two centre backs fail to put pressure/ win a header against the strikers the entire first half to the point where they’re regularly allowed to turn, if the three central midfielders won’t put in a strong challenge the whole half etc etc.. then it doesn’t matter what line up and tactics you go for.

We are soft and heartless throughout the team. Second half Sinclair looks to be getting away in a dangerous position so Ando takes him out and takes the booking. 

We didn’t do that once in the first half. Tanser and others let Forrest etc back them into the penalty box to the point where they couldn’t risk a challenge time and time again.

If a midfielder or Tanser or Joe takes them out in midfield then danger averted and everyone can get back. Yes a few more bookings, but share the fouls around the team.

We used to be streetwise. Now I think everyone will love playing against us until we learn to do the dirty work.

30 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

And I’m sorry, I don’t care if your kid is 6 or 7 and supports Celtic, they shouldn’t be in the home end wearing a Celtic top. Terrible parenting. 

You should've knocked f**k out the parents to teach them all a life lesson.

Utter utter c***s.

2 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Never seen it, I had to endure songs of praise in the PRI waiting room.

Not that different an afternoon after all then Tam.

We had the full leaving home to join the IRA number to oo aah up the ra, a real sing along for the whole family to enjoy.

Archived