Scotland v Portugal

buddies1877

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still puzzled at managing to get 5/6 on a Portugal win.

I suppose all the eedjits that bought tickets thinking they'd see Ronaldo bothering to turn up for this maybe put a patriotic punt on Scotland.

Stay deluded guys, I'm making some good money backing against McLeish's teams.

What was the attendance tonight btw?

Looked under 20K actually there from where I was sitting. Great to see so many kids there but no atmosphere at all for them. Felt like a kick about.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, Jambomo said:

Darren Fletcher knows what he's talking about better than McLeish does. Fletcher for Scotland Manager!

What, the guy who said 'Portugal are treating it just like a friendly' ?

No thanks. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
Just now, Jambomo said:

Yeah, I was kinda joking there. 

No worries.

Fletcher's comment was the highlight of my night.

Although I did particularly enjoy the very Scottish irony of having the last failed manager on the TV panel, telling the current failed manager exactly what he's doing wrong.  

SFA-tastic.

2 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

No worries.

Fletcher's comment was the highlight of my night.

Although I did particularly enjoy the very Scottish irony of having the last failed manager on the TV panel, telling the current failed manager exactly what he's doing wrong.  

SFA-tastic.

Bet Strachan did a 'smell her maw' gesture at the SFA bods through the TV gantry window

23 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

1nil Israel against Albania

Odd goal too. Goal kick punted over everyone, Israel player runs onto it and passes it past the keeper who's outside his box. No offsides from goal kicks.

Not paying much attention to the game but it seems very similar to the highlights I saw of the first game with a bunch of chances

9 minutes ago, charger29 said:

Odd goal too. Goal kick punted over everyone, Israel player runs onto it and passes it past the keeper who's outside his box. No offsides from goal kicks.

Not paying much attention to the game but it seems very similar to the highlights I saw of the first game with a bunch of chances

Think the goalkeeper meant that pass what a ball from him. 

Just seen ‘highlights’ and really should know better. We stink. We are adrift in the ocean of worldwide football and there are no lifeboats
Portugal played reserves and walked it. A home game is now a non event. You ask folk if they even know the score after a match and they haven’t a clue. The national football is past crisis, it’s deceased.
My membership card sits in a drawer discontinued long ago.
And here comes AM saying we played well. [emoji15]I you carry son, a wee spell in rehab beckons

41 minutes ago, skippy2015 said:

I think we want 1 nil Israel here. Even If Albania then beat Scotland by 1 goal all we need to do is beat Israel by 2 clear or 2-1 and we go through? Is it goal difference or head to head in nations league ?

In that case everyone has 6 points anyway, so GD it is.

1 hour ago, skippy2015 said:

I think we want 1 nil Israel here. Even If Albania then beat Scotland by 1 goal all we need to do is beat Israel by 2 clear or 2-1 and we go through? Is it goal difference or head to head in nations league ?

I believe you're right. It's head to head then goal difference in the tied teams matches. Albania result isn't vital now. We have to beat Israel in the last game no matter what.

Win vs Albania = We need to win vs Israel

Draw vs Albania = We need to win vs Israel

Lose vs Albania = We need to win vs Israel and overturn the goal difference. Brain hurts thinking about this bit.

(I could be wrong on this but if we lose 1-0 to Albania and beat Israel 2-1, I think it goes to the 11th tie breaker which is disciplinary points - guess who loses out on that).

Albania RB and CM suspended. They really need to hammer us to have any chance.

Archived