Scotland v Portugal

buddies1877

15 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Shinnie in ahead of Armstrong :lol:

I never know whether Aberdeen fans are trolling, unbelievably blinkered or thick as f**k when they start suggesting sticking their garbage in ahead of some of our best players.

Blinkered. Devlin is a CB Hmailton fans could barely say was good enough for them, who's already been sent off this season after being caught out if position, then being too slow, to catch Eamonn fucking Brophy. 

Definitely our second best CH though.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Illgresi said:

Strongest team imo is:

Gordon

Someone Devlin McKenna Robertson

McGinn Shinnie

Fraser McGregor GMS

Griffiths

Right back is a really sore spot. Despite the above, I think O'Donnell is probably the best right back we have. Unless we go down the road of playing Tierney there.

:lol:

Cheers man, we all need cheering up.

9 hours ago, Illgresi said:

There's a case to be made that every Portugal goal was in part some way O'Donnell's fault.

1) He's miles away from the winger when the ball goes in. Also Robertson partly at fault being slower to react than the goalscorer.

2) Albeit a collective goatfuck, O'Donnell was the marker.

3) Got to accept some blame on the part of McKenna and Shinnie, but the goal came from their left wing, and O'Donnell was nowhere to found. That left Shinnie scrambling to cover on his wrong foot. Can't argue against McKenna playing the boy onside though. One blip in an otherwise strong game from the Dons lads. GMS made up for it though.

Strongest team imo is:

Gordon

Someone Devlin McKenna Robertson

McGinn Shinnie

Fraser McGregor GMS

Griffiths

Right back is a really sore spot. Despite the above, I think O'Donnell is probably the best right back we have. Unless we go down the road of playing Tierney there.

Could maybe play Considine at RB. Would also go with May up front.

10 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Presumably a draw in albania would also put us in that position.

Edit to add is there any plave for away goals i.e. would a 1-0 win over Israel put us ahead of them?  Apologies if this discussed already

If we lose by one goal in Albania, a 1-0 win vs Israel would be enough to go through on away goals or goals scored.

I always find it amazing how different things can look at Hampden compared to what you see on TV. I left the stadium last night thinking McBurnie looked ok, won a lot in the air and, although limited, looked like the focal point of the team and did ok.

Last night I watched the highlights and wow, like many have already said, he looked well out of his depth.

As we were walking back to the car, my brother in law asked me what we have learned over the last 2-4 games and I think we now have more questions and worries than when Strachen was punted, and that’s down to McLeish and the players he is picking.

I bought my Belgium, Albania & Portugal tickets together, with the intention of getting the Israel one this month, but I’ll not be going now.

The media tell us the Albania game was a great performance, no it wasn’t, McGregor kept us in it and they were worse than us. The last 4 games have ripped the heart and soul out of watching Scotland for me and I’ll not be back until someone is in charge that I believe in. I’d sooner watch the game on Sky.

I don’t know who the answer is, but it’s not my job. The SFA need to show McLeish the door and go out and appoint someone who will galvanise the nation, unite supporters and have us dreaming and believing again. If they need to break the bank to do it then that’s what needs to be done, I don’t believe for a minute the money isn’t there, I don’t believe for a minute that we are that bad and I don’t believe for a minute that McLeish is the man to move us forward.

I always find it amazing how different things can look at Hampden compared to what you see on TV. I left the stadium last night thinking McBurnie looked ok, won a lot in the air and, although limited, looked like the focal point of the team and did ok.

Yeah, I thought the same. Not watched the highlights, nor do I plan to, so I'll take everyone's word for it that he was pish.

18 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Last night I watched the highlights and wow, like many have already said, he looked well out of his depth.

As we were walking back to the car, my brother in law asked me what we have learned over the last 2-4 games and I think we now have more questions and worries than when Strachen was punted, and that’s down to McLeish and the players he is picking.

I bought my Belgium, Albania & Portugal tickets together, with the intention of getting the Israel one this month, but I’ll not be going now.

The media tell us the Albania game was a great performance, no it wasn’t, McGregor kept us in it and they were worse than us. The last 4 games have ripped the heart and soul out of watching Scotland for me and I’ll not be back until someone is in charge that I believe in. I’d sooner watch the game on Sky.

I don’t know who the answer is, but it’s not my job. The SFA need to show McLeish the door and go out and appoint someone who will galvanise the nation, unite supporters and have us dreaming and believing again. If they need to break the bank to do it then that’s what needs to be done, I don’t believe for a minute the money isn’t there, I don’t believe for a minute that we are that bad and I don’t believe for a minute that McLeish is the man to move us forward.

Agree, but the SFA are fucking vermin; they won't do anything that doesn't involve a carve up. 

Guest SPLOOGESTAIN

I never used to understand when people said they didn't care about the national team, but I think I'm finally at that point. I can't bear this pish any longer. It's not the fact we're shite, with a decent manager we could still be an ok team, it's the fact the powers at be seem to be doing everything in their power to make us as awful as possible. I can't see me watching another Scotland game as long as McLeish is still in charge, unless I'm really, really bored.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

Robertson's had one good game for Scotland in a year.
Just wanted to get that off my chest.

That's probably one more than any other player we've used in the last 12 months, aside from Shagger. 

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Not really fussed, Naismith should only be in the squad for his experience. Shouldn't be our number 1 striker.

I'd agree if we had a better squad, but at the moment he is clearly the best or 2nd best (if Griffiths is "fit") forward we've got and therefore should be considered for starting every game. It's not like he's been playing poorly this season, or only good for Hearts but terrible for Scotland.

Belgium: 2nd half sub - tap in if not for a pass slightly behind him in the six yard box

Albania: misses sitter against post, scores but just offside, header causes OG, scores from corner

Israel: wins penalty

Portugal: great run and a decent finish

I'd agree if we had a better squad, but at the moment he is clearly the best or 2nd best (if Griffiths is "fit") forward we've got and therefore should be considered for starting every game. It's not like he's been playing poorly this season, or only good for Hearts but terrible for Scotland.
Belgium: 2nd half sub - tap in if not for a pass slightly behind him in the six yard box
Albania: misses sitter against post, scores but just offside, header causes OG, scores from corner
Israel: wins penalty
Portugal: great run and a decent finish

I really like him. He should be in the squad and has a part to play, just think going forward Griffiths needs to play every single game and get a good run in the side. Obviously needs to get himself in shape first.

3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I really like him. He should be in the squad and has a part to play, just think going forward Griffiths needs to play every single game and get a good run in the side. Obviously needs to get himself in shape first.

Hopefully the animosity between McLeish and Griffiths is sorted before the next round of games. Considering we need to win vs Israel, starting both of them shouldn't be out of the question.

Archived