Pyramid 2019/2020

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

I've messaged you about this. Gonnae check your messages and get back to me, cov. 

Thanks very much for getting in touch, I've replied now. It's no biggie btw, I could have emailed at the time, I just thought as I'm not a supporter of a HL team it wasn't worth bothering anyone about.

It’s time we stopped trying to get the SJFA on board in my opinion as that’s what’s causing all the problems with their all in under the SJFA still Junior but in the pyramid nonsense.

Announce the formation of a WOS league and invite applications once there’s 10+ teams get it started. Winner gets Scottish cup place.

Make the North Caledonian league the feeder to the HL for teams Inverness area and North / West. Winner gets Scottish cup place.

Offer to set up a North East feeder to the HL for Aberdeenshire and Tayside teams start it if there’s 10+ teams. Once up and running again winner gets Scottish cup place.

Remove Licences from any teams who wish to remain Junior or Amateur and the SJFA regional league winners. The only non senior in the Scottish Cup should be SJFA and SAFA cup winners.

SJFA continues to operate as a separate body. Every area will have a league covering them and teams are free to become senior if they wish.

It’ll take a few years for team to filter but in my opinion you’ll see what’s happened in the East happen in the West in a fairly short period and any clubs that are determined to stay Junior can do so. SJFA are the issue here and cutting them out the process is the best option.

• 2 weeks later...

On the subject on this thread, I guess we can now park it and concentrate on football matters for the time being,.  the Pyramid is now (eventually) set for 2019/20 and no further PWG meetings on the immediate horizon.

2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

On the subject on this thread, I guess we can now park it and concentrate on football matters for the time being,.  the Pyramid is now (eventually) set for 2019/20 and no further PWG meetings on the immediate horizon.

I wonder what TJ has been promised in return for his vote at the SFA AGM?

7 minutes ago, The Informer said:

I wonder what TJ has been promised in return for his vote at the SFA AGM?

Nothing I suspect given the lopsided nature of the outcome. Having the SJFA AGM in Perth shortly after Kinnoull defected to the EoS and the day after Jeanfield Swifts got full SFA membership along with Bonnyrigg Rose and Dundonald Bluebell should prompt some questions from his member clubs as to precisely what the #%$^ is going on.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

89 teams in the Non-League Pyramid for 2019/20. With 2 leagues at every tier. Just not regionally as everything's lopsided in the Lowland League direction of course.
5th TIer
image.png.0685d45baf999afe8ccd94e2cb4f07e5.png
6th Tier
image.png.1d94a546bca2d97318a7b93a207f1549.png
7th Tier
image.png.08e52a623d7fdea42f5cc429f8bd226c.png
image.png.f8ffc75d38ca8bcf31e6c39c6c338776.png

Slowly but surely the pyramid is starting to work, with the Lowland League now having two ex-SPFL sides as well as two ex-Juniors. This should be the stimulus to sorting out the west and north structures.

Unless I hear any different very soon, I’m probably going to give up hoping for a resolution to this ever coming.

Tell the remaining juniors they can keep their leagues, and remain outside the pyramid, but invite clubs to join a WoS league in the pyramid. If enough juniors move immediately then great. If not, move a couple sides from East and South over to West to even up the numbers.

Am I missing something or is it basically that simple?

2 minutes ago, Connor7 said:

Sorry if I have missed this previously, but I thought Clydebank where heading over to the pyramid this season?

Has this been put on hold until a west league is formed?

It was expected until quite late in the season that the West Region would be in the pyramid for the 2019-20 season. They'll be discussing what to do at their AGM but I don't think there was the rush to move to the EoSFL at a lower tier or SoSFL due to the standard of the league compared to where they are.

May 16th

https://www.clydebankfc.com/club-update/

May 3rd

https://www.clydebankfc.com/club-statement-pyramid/

Yes to the second question on Clydebank. Late last year junior clubs were told by Tom Johnston that the west and east superleagues were going to be in at tier six for 2019-20, but it turned out not to be the case because the EoS and LL were opposed to having a second feeder in the east and the SJFA only want to enter the pyramid as a fully intact association rather than on a region by region basis. Changes to the pyramid can only happen by consensus, so it won't be easy to break that logjam.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Yes to the second question on Clydebank. Late last year junior clubs were told by Tom Johnston that the west and east superleagues were going to be in at tier six for 2019-20, but it turned out not to be the case because the EoS and LL were opposed to having a second feeder in the east and the SJFA only want to enter the pyramid as a fully intact association rather than on a region by region basis. Changes to the pyramid can only happen by consensus, so it won't be easy to break that logjam.

But, there again, the North Juniors made it abundantly clear back in November that they weren't interested In entering the Highland Pyramid/ helping to create one. Meaning that TJ's "mandate" needed to be taken back to the SJFA clubs for consideration and potential changes. Of course, something so straight forward ain't going to happen under the present SJFA/TJ control so that's something which needs sorting out - like today? 

SJFA AGM is today (funnily enough at the ground of a senior club from a city with 0 junior teams now). Worth keeping an eye on as it may show what SJFA plans are going forward & how much noise comes from member clubs about not having the promised tier 6 entry delivered.

16 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

SJFA AGM is today (funnily enough at the ground of a senior club from a city with 0 junior teams now). Worth keeping an eye on as it may show what SJFA plans are going forward & how much noise comes from member clubs about not having the promised tier 6 entry delivered.

I don't think theit will be a lot of noise about it. The west wasn't that bothered 

20 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

It's at the North Insch Community Campus.