Pyramid 2019/2020

13 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

31st March is the deadline for applications, that won't be flexible like previous years.

Good.

Although i'd like to think if the EoS get even a couple clubs from the East Region panic stations will finally hit for those left in the Juniors. Look at the South Premier I notice Syngenta, Bo'ness United Juniors and Linlithgow Rose CFC are filling out the bottom 4 and looking quite comfortable for bottom half having played a few games more than those in the top half. Then you've got West Calder United bottom having lost all 19 games. Imagine if they didn't have enough for two South Divisions.

6 hours ago, Cameron Wilson said:

No worries. Although from your newer posts elsewhere looks like the spirit of the pyramid revolution Fife continues to firmly reside in Fife...

You may find that a few of them fancy joining Glenrothes, St.Andrews, Oakley, Inverkeithing, Burntisland, Crossgates, Hill of Beath, Dundonald and Kelty in the senior game.

Personally think if and probably when a merger or mass exodus from the East (South) Juniors happens. It might be an idea to regionally split any Second Division by North-West/East-South lines in order to insure that clubs like Eyemouth, Craigroyston and West Calder are playing locally. I also think a pyramid should be getting wider the further down it goes, and having a 9th tier just for the sake of it in the East is a bit pointless.

It also allows for ambitious clubs in the Amatuer ranks to make a more seamless transition to the EoS if it regionalised than if it means travelling (for AM Soccer e.g.) from Cupar to Berwick and Coldstream every other weekend.

18 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

Personally think if and probably when a merger or mass exodus from the East (South) Juniors happens. It might be an idea to regionally split any Second Division by North-West/East-South lines in order to insure that clubs like Eyemouth, Craigroyston and West Calder are playing locally. I also think a pyramid should be getting wider the further down it goes, and having a 9th tier just for the sake of it in the East is a bit pointless.

It also allows for ambitious clubs in the Amatuer ranks to make a more seamless transition to the EoS if it regionalised than if it means travelling (for AM Soccer e.g.) from Cupar to Berwick and Coldstream every other weekend.

The south East Juniors have 20 teams in their structure right now. If as suggested there's one certain application and one possible addition they might be coming from there. That's the two division format stretched to almost breaking point.

To think Bathgate, Fauldhouse and Pumpherston will join the EOS along with Kennoway Star which would mean only Armadale an Whitburn left of the big WL clubs so can’t see them staying either.

A big factor in this will be Broxburn SC run. Broxburn are probably the sixth biggest club in WL (excluding Livingston) and a few of these other teams will know how much interest/money this has generated.

If you were running on of the WL bigger junior teams; fauldhouse, whitburn, armadale, bathgate, pumphy etc the first thing you would be doing would be to have reps from the other clubs who made to move over to EOS come to speak to the committee (and supporters maybe) and have a proper adult discussion about the pros and cons of their moves.

If they dont make the move this season, they will all be stuffed. Watched all of these teams his season and watched more EOS games and the gulf in quality is there to see.

The moving over en Masse at tier 6 fantasy is surely gone and the standard of their league has gone with it.

Some of these teams might be resistant to a bit of change but the league is not much more than an amateur set up now and will only get worse.
Such a shame to see these teams struggling but the thing is they might not see the gradual drop in standards as they watch it week in, week out.

Really hope they make the move before it's too late for them.

33 minutes ago, TheLad said:

If you were running on of the WL bigger junior teams; fauldhouse, whitburn, armadale, bathgate, pumphy etc the first thing you would be doing would be to have reps from the other clubs who made to move over to EOS come to speak to the committee (and supporters maybe) and have a proper adult discussion about the pros and cons of their moves.

If they dont make the move this season, they will all be stuffed. Watched all of these teams his season and watched more EOS games and the gulf in quality is there to see.

The moving over en Masse at tier 6 fantasy is surely gone and the standard of their league has gone with it.

Some of these teams might be resistant to a bit of change but the league is not much more than an amateur set up now and will only get worse.
Such a shame to see these teams struggling but the thing is they might not see the gradual drop in standards as they watch it week in, week out.

Really hope they make the move before it's too late for them.

The problem you're faced with is some people involved with these clubs still see those who left as "traitors", indeed the Armadale Secty said on social media last week he'd rather watch pub fitba than EoS.  The bitterness is still there, as if the clubs who left done something very wrong.

They would be made very welcome by the EoS and their members if they applied, and I hope they do as local  rivals, but if they don't then I don't think anyone will be too fussed.  It really is upto them.

The problem you're faced with is some people involved with these clubs still see those who left as "traitors", indeed the Armadale Secty said on social media last week he'd rather watch pub fitba than EoS.  The bitterness is still there, as if the clubs who left done something very wrong.
They would be made very welcome by the EoS and their members if they applied, and I hope they do as local  rivals, but if they don't then I don't think anyone will be too fussed.  It really is upto them.
He's already watching pub fitba as Harthill Royal were originally called Harthill Royal Bar

12 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
18 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

He's already watching pub fitba as Harthill Royal were originally called Harthill Royal Bar

Indeed they were, joined Juniors in 1992, first place I ever saw a blue pool table.

5 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

You may find that a few of them fancy joining Glenrothes, St.Andrews, Oakley, Inverkeithing, Burntisland, Crossgates, Hill of Beath, Dundonald and Kelty in the senior game.

hope im wrong but I don't think many fife teams will move

Rosyth don't have there own ground yet till lidl or aldi get their finger out

newburgh lochore kennoway ???

Kirkcaldy I think is possible but haven't said anything concrete

lochgelly I would be surprised as secretary is part of the junior committee

Thornton would have to fence off their park as its in the middle of a public park

some good ammys in fife but they play in a very good setup and would be surprised if they left to go to EOS

19 minutes ago, Anychance said:

hope im wrong but I don't think many fife teams will move

Rosyth don't have there own ground yet till lidl or aldi get their finger out

newburgh lochore kennoway ???

Kirkcaldy I think is possible but haven't said anything concrete

lochgelly I would be surprised as secretary is part of the junior committee

Thornton would have to fence off their park as its in the middle of a public park

some good ammys in fife but they play in a very good setup and would be surprised if they left to go to EOS

From what I heard there is interest from a few Fife clubs, not sure if any have actually applied.

We won't really know until AGM, or if clubs publicly declare in the meantime.   Closing date is 31st March.

16 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

From what I heard there is interest from a few Fife clubs, not sure if any have actually applied.

We won't really know until AGM, or if clubs publicly declare in the meantime.   Closing date is 31st March.

if Bo'ness go to the Lowland league what is actually stopping bo'ness reserves from getting in?

57 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

It appears nothing, just like Stirling Uni EoS.

That's a murky point and depends on the constitution.

While the EoS have accepted clear reserve sides like Berwick and Hibs. They were prior to the pyramid. Stirling university and Spartans essentially kept their EoS places when moving their first teams to the Lowland.

Bo'ness would be getting promoted. So there's no place to retain. They'd therefore have to apply. Then it's probably a vote by the membership.

Certainly I've seen it said the EoS can't have more than one team in their structure. So if Stirling Uni were relegated from the LL the reserves would fold.

6 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

That's a murky point and depends on the constitution.

While the EoS have accepted clear reserve sides like Berwick and Hibs. They were prior to the pyramid. Stirling university and Spartans essentially kept their EoS places when moving their first teams to the Lowland.

Bo'ness would be getting promoted. So there's no place to retain. They'd therefore have to apply. Then it's probably a vote by the membership.

Certainly I've seen it said the EoS can't have more than one team in their structure. So if Stirling Uni were relegated from the LL the reserves would fold.

Yeah, but the question was if Bo'ness were promoted to the LL. 

If they're not promoted, then Bo'ness Utd Juniors probably can't be accepted by the EoS as - unlike the Linlithgow Rose situation - they appear to have a link.

13 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Selkirk got knocked back on having an EoS reserve team at one point. Might be worth checking the chronology on that as things might not be quite as simple as you are describing where Stirling Uni and Spartans are concerned.

It was after. Summer 2014. Went 7-7 on the vote so they never got accepted.

On 24/06/2015 at 19:05, HibeeJibee said:

Almost certainly for their reserves, I'd imagine.

They applied to EOSL but were not elected, IIRC.

EDIT: Aye: http://www.bordertelegraph.com/sport/football/articles/2014/06/06/500524-east-17-deny-selkirk-a-slot/

Also going by the breakdown of the vote 7-7 with the Chair not allowed to vote. It suggests reserve sides aren't entitled to vote on these kind of topics at the very least. As Stirling & Spartans rounded out the 17 team membership.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

Yeah, but the question was if Bo'ness were promoted to the LL. 
If they're not promoted, then Bo'ness Utd Juniors probably can't be accepted by the EoS as - unlike the Linlithgow Rose situation - they appear to have a link.

Burnieman, there isn't the same link in the 2 Bo'ness teams as say the Spartans teams or Stirling University teams . The only link between the two clubs BUFC & BUJFC is they both play at Newtown Park. I think it has been posted before that the problem the Junior side would have in meeting the EoS entry criteria is they wouldn't have first dibs on Newtown Park as the Big BU's have the priority.