Pyramid 2019/2020

31 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

Realistically, the best bet would be a move to Tier 8 for next season, and possible regionalisation for the following season at that level.

You could have a scenario with:

Premier 16
First 14-16
Second 20 (North 10 and South 10)

with below that (and I know I'm getting ahead of myself here):

Lothians and Edinburgh, Kingdom of Fife and Border Amatuer Leagues - with clubs only being relegated/promoted if they are willing and able (facilities) to join the EoS.

Good to see you agree. I went further i.e. with Conference games between the two Tier 8 Divisions in order to give extra fixtures and variety.

I would go for premier with current promotion system for this season. Those relegated and in top 7 of each conference go and become first division. And if most east region teams come over have a similar set up in regards to inter conference with lower ranked teams and new teams to associations, I.e. craigroyston playing in kirkcladys league. Would give the so called lesser teams of each leagues to have closer games and will allow every club to play a new team etc. Again adopting same promotion method to first division that’s currently used. After first season go 2 up from first to prem and 3rd v 3rd bottom in playoff. It’s almost a certainty clubs moving now. I think it’s case of who doesn’t want to be left behind.

Pyramid Statement

12/02/2020 By Media Team

The latest Pyramid Working Group Update

Following the statement issued on 7 February 2020, numerous informal contacts have been made by Clubs interested in the formation of a new West of Scotland League [WoSFL] at Tier 6 in the Pyramid. This shows clearly that there is an appetite for such an expansion of the Pyramid. The Scottish Lowland Football League [sLFL], in conjunction with the East of Scotland Football League [EoSFL] can now lay out the high level plan to introduce the WoSFL by the start of season 2020/2021.

The next step will be to invite Clubs to register an Expression of Interest to George Fraser, Chairperson of the SLFL by Sunday 1 March, to geo_fraser @hotmail.co.uk. Any expressions of interest must include the contact details of at least one club official.  These will be treated in the strictest confidence. Clubs should not contact the newly formed email address relating to WoSFL, this Is not run by either the SLFL or EoSFL.  At the same time the Clubs are welcome to ask any questions on how the Pyramid works currently as the informal contacts suggested this would be useful. The sending of the Expression of Interest does not of course commit any Club to any particular course of action, but it would be very helpful if we could gauge as closely as possible the actual level of interest in the WoSFL.

The next again step will be to invite Clubs to complete by Tuesday 31 March 2020 an Application to Join the WoSFL. Once again these will be treated in the strictest confidence. The process surrounding these applications will be announced by Friday 6 March 2020.

This plan is to allow every Club at all grades in the SLFL area the opportunity to progress through the Pyramid. There will of course be issues such as geographical integrity to be considered with the introduction of a third Tier 6 League alongside the EoSFL and SoSFL. This and any other consequences will be addressed in a respectful, constructive and orderly way.

Issued by –

George Fraser [Chairperson SLFL] and John Greenhorn [Chairperson EoSFL]

I would have thought they would have also looked at the issue of boundaries - addressing the Tayside question.   How does this effect Dunipace and their thinking do they go back west or stay east.
Neither the LL nor EoS have the power to change the Tayside boundary on their own.

From the experience of two years ago, one thing that will make the West club s jump is pure, unadulterated fear.  Fear of being left behind by a close rival.  Fear of being left in a less than competitive league and problems of attracting players.  The PWG statement will have the clubs doing an 'I'll go if you go' routine.  Fun times ahead....

Just now, patriot1 said:

With Brechin looking more and more like they'll be in the relegation playoff I suspect the SFA will make a decision on the HL/LL divide before the end of the season. 

I don't think any rule change change can be applied retrospectively.

Also, is it an SFA decision, or one for the SPFL/HL/LL?

I would have thought they would have also looked at the issue of boundaries - addressing the Tayside question.   How does this effect Dunipace and their thinking do they go back west or stay east.
Dunipace are quite happy in the eosfl, ot has been a breath of fresh air since joining. We have nothing but a positive outlook towards it. I cant see the club feeling the need to move west unless directed otherwise. We sit in an area where we have made the move to the east if Scotland because there was no other pyramid option 2 years ago.

7 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I don't think any rule change change can be applied retrospectively.

I had thought it was an SFA decision. I may be wrong. When the EOS clubs were asked to provide opinions on the four PWG options they were also asked for their views on moving the dividing line. It only states on the email that there was a suggestion of moving the line but doesn't say who suggested it.

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

SPFL rules, annex 9 - II c) Any amendment to these Pyramid Play-Off Rules must be agreed by each of the Scottish FA, SPFL, SHFL and SLFL prior to it becoming effective.

This is where the location of relegated teams is mentioned so it would seem if one party doesn't want the dividing line to move then it can't be changed.

1 hour ago, G4Mac said:
4 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

Dunipace are quite happy in the eosfl, ot has been a breath of fresh air since joining. We have nothing but a positive outlook towards it. I cant see the club feeling the need to move west unless directed otherwise. We sit in an area where we have made the move to the east if Scotland because there was no other pyramid option 2 years ago.

Also, Dunipace being in the WRJFA was a geographical oddity. You moving to the EOS fixed this oddity, it didn't create one.

1 hour ago, patriot1 said:

With Brechin looking more and more like they'll be in the relegation playoff I suspect the SFA will make a decision on the HL/LL divide before the end of the season. 

There is no decision to be made. There is a line in place and Brechin are North of the line. Enjoy the Highland League lads.

7 hours ago, Marten said:

Also, Dunipace being in the WRJFA was a geographical oddity. You moving to the EOS fixed this oddity, it didn't create one.

I wonder where Berwick Rangers would go if they were relegated from lowland league. Do the regs include for non Scottish geographical teams?