Pyramid 2019/2020

So with Kirkcaldy applying for membership, and assuming Craigroyston continue and Eyemouth return, we have either

16 - 16 - 11

or

16 - 14/13

However from what I hear there will be a few more applications so we're still looking at potentially

16 - 16 - 16

or

16 - 16/16

Gets a little trickier if membership exceeds 48.

So with Kirkcaldy applying for membership, and assuming Craigroyston continue and Eyemouth return, we have either
16 - 16 - 11
or
16 - 14/13
However from what I hear there will be a few more applications so we're still looking at potentially
16 - 16 - 16
or
16 - 16/16

Tier Six (16) - Tier Seven (16) - Tier Eight (11 - 16) seems the way to go for me, splitting the Tier Eight league regionally to broaden the Pyramid base as and when numbers allow and playing inter regionally to keep interest and to provide sufficient games.

23 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

16 - 16 - 11

or

16 - 14/13

16 - 16 - 16

or

16 - 16/16

Even with K&D known and the assumption the Craigroyston continue and Eyemouth returning, there's the LL ramifications to deal with. A lot of people right now would have their money on LL champion being promoted with Brechin City getting relegated. That means no replacement for an EoS Champion that gets promoted. So it could be 16-16-10 or 16-16-12.

With K&D and this other known application within EoS circles chances are there will be more to follow. North 10-8 and South 10-8 can't be too attractive for those in the East Region that have the choice of the EoS.

You could get 16-16 with a 2nd Division of 18. That's quite a few more applicants to get to before having to worry about anything more.

43 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Should be fairly easy to handle with conferences/regions at tier 8.

for 52 clubs you have

10    10

The most extreme circumstance is current EoS  + 22 south of Tay juniors(which does contain some reserve/Community clubs, but possibly clubs agree splitting again)+ AM soccer, Glenrothes strollers, musselbough Windsor Eyemouth  + a couple of new applicants, 70 clubs. Which is near impossible for next season but even so can be just about absorbed with a premier, first, north/south structure but probably would be more desirable to add another league at tier 8 with a possible move to creating a stand alone tier 8 with regions at tier 9.   I stress this is the extreme.

5 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

I recall noises about Duns looking to go senior again. Anything happened on that or is it not on the horizon?

Don't think Duns have been a serious rumour since early 2018. Only ever really seen it as gossip. That's largely on the basis of their ground being suitable for licencing at the time. Not sure if they would need floodlights now.

22 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Even with K&D known and the assumption the Craigroyston continue and Eyemouth returning, there's the LL ramifications to deal with. A lot of people right now would have their money on LL champion being promoted with Brechin City getting relegated. That means no replacement for an EoS Champion that gets promoted. So it could be 16-16-10 or 16-16-12.

With K&D and this other known application within EoS circles chances are there will be more to follow. North 10-8 and South 10-8 can't be too attractive for those in the East Region that have the choice of the EoS.

You could get 16-16 with a 2nd Division of 18. That's quite a few more applicants to get to before having to worry about anything more.

Has anyone heard anything official from Craigroyston (about continuing) and Eyemouth (about returning) ?

Any positive news about the situation in Selkirk ?

22 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Has anyone heard anything official from Craigroyston (about continuing) and Eyemouth (about returning) ?

Any positive news about the situation in Selkirk ?

Here's an idea, you could try and find out and tell us?

35 minutes ago, Anychance said:

make conference A Division 1 and Conference B Division 2  

depending on how many apply the top 7/8 of both conferences make division 1 and the teams positioned below along with the new teams make division 2

Then regional conferences thereafter if there is interest

1 hour ago, Anychance said:

make conference A Division 1 and Conference B Division 2  

depending on how many apply the top 7/8 of both conferences make division 1 and the teams positioned below along with the new teams make division 2

Your second option makes more sense. Why should a team finishing 3rd in B, be in 2nd div while a team finishing bottom of A be in 1st div?

Edit: the fact Edinburgh United are in B at the moment has no impact on my preference for sporting it out who goes in 1st div or 2nd div.

Edited by Baldie2k19

Your second option makes more sense. Why should a team finishing 3rd in B, be in 2nd div while a team finishing bottom of A be in 1st div?
Edit: the fact Edinburgh United are in B at the moment has no impact on my preference for sporting it out who goes in 1st div or 2nd div.

You’ve not picked me up right

Top 7 or 8 of both conferences make division 1

Realistically, the best bet would be a move to Tier 8 for next season, and possible regionalisation for the following season at that level.

You could have a scenario with:

Premier 16
First 14-16
Second 20 (North 10 and South 10)

with below that (and I know I'm getting ahead of myself here):

Lothians and Edinburgh, Kingdom of Fife and Border Amatuer Leagues - with clubs only being relegated/promoted if they are willing and able (facilities) to join the EoS.

7 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

Lothians and Edinburgh, Kingdom of Fife and Border Amatuer Leagues - with clubs only being relegated/promoted if they are willing and able (facilities) to join the EoS.

You'll never see a semi-pro Senior club being relegated to  Amateur football.   England abolished Amateur status in the early 1970's, it's long overdue here.  You should just be a football player regardless of whether you play for Celtic/Rangers  or Duns/Harestanes.

We're a long way from that point.  Meantime, Amateur clubs can apply.

Edited by Burnie_man

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

You'll never see a semi-pro Senior club being relegated to  Amateur football.   England abolished Amateur status in the early 1970's, it's long overdue here.  You should just be a football player regardless of whether you play for Celtic/Rangers  or Duns/Harestanes.

We're a long way from that point.  Meantime, Amateur clubs can apply.

That was the implication, that they were local leagues and the Amatuer title was just that. Similar to the Yorkshire Amatuer League at Tier 11 of the English Pyramid. 

They could just drop the Amatuer title and be named the Border Football League, or the Lothian and Edinburgh League or Kingdom of Fife Football League.

4 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

That was the implication, that they were local leagues and the Amatuer title was just that. Similar to the Yorkshire Amatuer League at Tier 11 of the English Pyramid. 

They could just drop the Amatuer title and be named the Border Football League, or the Lothian and Edinburgh League or Kingdom of Fife Football League.

Yip one for the future.  I think the SFA really need to look at the whole player registration process and decide if Amateur status is even required anymore.  Local leagues defo have a place in the Pyramid.