Calling Cards of Morons

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

I was discussing this in Twitter - I can’t recall any marches like this in Inverness when I was a kid (1980s and 90s). My dad, who has lived in Inverness since 1968 and was a reporter there said there was one in the 1970s but it just bemused people. Yet about five years ago they started happening, it’s utterly bizarre.

There was one down the Ferry in the 70s/80s apparently.  There was a couple about a decade ago and then they disappeared until the one yesterday.  I've not heard much about it, so I assume the turnout was miniscule.  It'd be interesting to know how many there were local considering the Highlands doesn't really have a history of the sectarian divide you see in parts of the west of Scotland or Northern Ireland.

Edited by Highland Capital

3 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

There was one down the Ferry in the 70s/80s apparently.  There was a couple about a decade ago and then they disappeared until the one yesterday.  I've not heard much about it, so I assume the turnout was miniscule.  It'd be interesting to know how many there were local considering the Highlands doesn't really have a history of the sectarian divide you see in parts of the west of Scotland or Northern Ireland.

Saw what looked like one last year, loads of flegs but not like a Orange march, more like the Boys Brigade but with different uniforms. There's a Campsie Club in Inverness, affiliated to the Apprentice Boys but I doubt there are many of them, they keep a very low profile. 

On 06/04/2019 at 12:38, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Was mooching through a snowy wet Glasgow a few weeks ago at 0830on the way to a meeting.
A couple of the shoe shops had queues round the block. One was entirely composed of Chinese people.
I had no idea but it turns out it was the launch of a new Nike trainer.

Everyone in the queue was holding an Iphone.
Utter fuds, one and all.

FTFY

8 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

^ staying up all night to watch Wrestling Mania.

Not all of it. It's 7 and a half hours long! Will probably go to bed at 2 or 3 and watch the rest tomorrow 

There was an Orange March of some kind in Inverness about 5 years ago.  I was coming along Culduthel Road from the city centre and they were walking through the traffic lights at the crossroads just before you get to Hilton.

There was about 50 of them and yes you've guessed it. it was fat, bald men in their 40s, covered in shite tattoos.  The others were young skinny gimps who looked like they hadn't slept or washed for several weeks.  A few of them clocked me laughing at them and I got a few looks.

35 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

There was an Orange March of some kind in Inverness about 5 years ago.  I was coming along Culduthel Road from the city centre and they were walking through the traffic lights at the crossroads just before you get to Hilton.

There was about 50 of them and yes you've guessed it. it was fat, bald men in their 40s, covered in shite tattoos.  The others were young skinny gimps who looked like they hadn't slept or washed for several weeks.  A few of them clocked me laughing at them and I got a few looks.

I grew up in deepest darkest Ayrshire so those wankbags were always around, they would finish their "march" outside our house because we lived across from the chapel, the chapel was always empty on a Saturday I doubt the bricks and mortar gave a flying f**k about their nonsense, I used to enjoy winding up colleagues who were into that type of thing by asking "so let me get this straight there are two gods one catholic and one protestant" and if that failed to get a reaction I would ask "how often do you go to church?" utter morons the lot of them

1 hour ago, stevieKTID said:

I grew up in deepest darkest Ayrshire so those wankbags were always around, they would finish their "march" outside our house because we lived across from the chapel, the chapel was always empty on a Saturday I doubt the bricks and mortar gave a flying f**k about their nonsense, I used to enjoy winding up colleagues who were into that type of thing by asking "so let me get this straight there are two gods one catholic and one protestant" and if that failed to get a reaction I would ask "how often do you go to church?" utter morons the lot of them

Probably best not to discourage the Orange walks as it becomes abundantly clear if you see 1 that it's the only exercise they get.

1 hour ago, Highland Capital said:

Seemingly the marchers in Inverness were Glaswegian folk bussed up for the day. What an odd thing to do.

Tbf in addition to our own we get them bussed in from Lanarkshire, Ayrshire, Norn Iron, West Lothian and probably elsewhere all over Scotland every July. Seems like travelling to meet like-minded Catholic haters is pretty much what they do. 

52 minutes ago, yoda said:

The recent incarnation of Sash Bashing in Inverness was started by a Rangers fan at the Portland Club (now an Muslim community centre, IIRC).

I could probably guess who that was.