Calling Cards of Morons

37 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Bonus points if they make comments about "getting back to...."

Good old days, family values, that sort of thing.

What it really means is have less brown people about.

And the gays don't forget the gays please.

Fact any of the LGBT+ community "family values" types tend to hate them. Too much hate isint good for the soul and they can't stand the rest of us happy with our lot whilst "other" people cut about.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Bonus points if they make comments about "getting back to...."

Good old days, family values, that sort of thing.

What it really means is have less brown people about.

And don't forget the "what's wrong with National Service" and "bring back the birch" brigade.

11 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

And don't forget the "what's wrong with National Service" and "bring back the birch" brigade.

By the same token, people who want to 'bring back' stuff that was never here in the first place.  The Birch was hardly ever, if ever, used in Scotland and was only ever really used in the British Isles on the Isle of Man.  Another is 'bring back alcohol at football'.  Was alcohol ever actually on sale to football fans in Scotland in the first place (discounting hospitality)?  In years gone by it was more folk bringing in their own stuff to drink, not stuff they bought at the ground.

Edited by Highland Capital

The good old days when the darkies knew their place, you could smack wimmen around if they got lippy and "gay" meant "happy".

Damn liberal snowflakes ruining everything with their equality crap.

2 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

The good old days when the darkies knew their place, you could smack wimmen around if they got lippy and "gay" meant "happy".

Damn liberal snowflakes ruining everything with their equality crap.

Quite right, thank God Cuk are finally bringing back National Service. 

Quite right, thank God Cuk are finally bringing back National Service. 
I'm not entirely sure a modern day national service is such a bad idea. There's definitely a crisis in teenagers trying to find an identity. Forcing them to do something might work.

(I'm certain I saw someone left wing argue this recently, but for the life of me can't remember where)

Over the years I've encountered many people who are in favour bringing back National Service. Curiously, not a single one of them has been eligible for it themselves. Funny that.

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I'm not entirely sure a modern day national service is such a bad idea. There's definitely a crisis in teenagers trying to find an identity. Forcing them to do something might work.

(I'm certain I saw someone left wing argue this recently, but for the life of me can't remember where)

National Service for pensioners would be a better idea, it would give them a big message that they voted idiotically.

Over the years I've encountered many people who are in favour bringing back National Service. Curiously, not a single one of them has been eligible for it themselves. Funny that.
That's not in any way surprising though, is it? Or do you converse about political issues with teenagers regularly?

Just now, pandarilla said:

That's not in any way surprising though, is it? Or do you converse about political issues with teenagers regularly?

No, but I did when I was a teenager myself.

53 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Wasn't some tory saying pensioners could supplement their pensions picking potatoes a while ago?

Not a bad idea tbh. The old Tory-voting c***s around here are always harking back to the "good old days of the berries".

Perhaps the miserable bigoted fuckers should relive their childhoods instead of demanding young folk do it for a pittance. 

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

I personally can’t believe how much everyone’s lives have been completely turned upside down by the “teenagers trying to find an identity” crisis we’re going through at the moment. Definitely a real issue affecting us all and not some pish you’ve just made up to advocate turning everyone into mindless drones via forced labour.

Edited by The OP

I personally can’t believe how much everyone’s lives have been completely turned upside down by the “teenagers trying to find an identity” crisis we’re going through at the moment. Definitely a real issue affecting us all and not some pish you’ve just made up to advocate turning everyone into mindless drones via forced labour.
f**k off. I work with kids every day and the change is quite clear.

14 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Refer to people whom they don't know, but are fans of, by their first name.  This is particularly true of some football fans who for reasons only known to them talk about the players like they know them personally.  Most of the bonkers Michael Jackson fans do this too.  

If you don't know the person personally, talking about them in this over-familiar sense is just weird.

A lot of ICT fans do this.

'Aww I saw Tom and Brad in Asda last night'.  They aren't your m8s, m8.

9 hours ago, jupe1407 said:

Not a bad idea tbh. The old Tory-voting c***s around here are always harking back to the "good old days of the berries".

Perhaps the miserable bigoted fuckers should relive their childhoods instead of demanding young folk do it for a pittance. 

I was listening to an interview with Ian Hislop the other day and he was talking about this and quoted some stuff like that from a text that sounded like some proper gammony chat.. dating back to 1AD. Auld codgers have always had rose tinted memories and a lack of respect for the next generation.

5 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I was listening to an interview with Ian Hislop the other day and he was talking about this and quoted some stuff like that from a text that sounded like some proper gammony chat.. dating back to 1AD. Auld codgers have always had rose tinted memories and a lack of respect for the next generation.

Ricky Gervais touches on this in his humanity show (I know, plenty people hate him on here) but he's right.

Basically his reply to everyone who says 'things were so much better in my day' is of course it fucking was, you were young. Getting old is the shite part, doesn't make you right about it.

43 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

f**k off. I work with kids every day and the change is quite clear.

Oh you are an authority on the subject? I’m very sorry I didn’t realise. It’s funny then how a sense of ennui has been documented as long as teenagers have been a thing and every past generation of old c***s has wrung their hands and wondered “what is to be done about the wanton youth?”

Forced labour or forced military service is the best idea you’ve got? Pish.

11 hours ago, pandarilla said:

North Korea?