Calling Cards of Morons

But the picture wasn't a black woman giving birth to a chimp. It was a chimp in a posh suit, with old-world upper class parents.

The BBC didn't show the picture. In my opinion there is nothing offensive about that picture, nothing at all. There is a real historic connection with black people and monkeys but it's certainly not jumping out in that picture.

I have always defended political correctness, and generally judge anyone who uses the phrase 'pc gone mad' in a serious way as a numpty. Stewart Lee sums it up perfectly for me when he calls it (and I'm paraphrasing) 'a clumsy set of rules that make our society a bit more kind and a bit less cruel'.

For me this decision reeks of clumsy pc management, by folk who have legitimised unreasonable offence.

I'd go as far to call anyone who says they are offended by this a complete idiot. I couldn't give a f**k if you're offended - just saying it isn't enough. It means nothing.

I do agree with a lot of those points, his intent may have been totally innocent.

However, he’s surely smart enough to know how it could be perceived. And that’s all that matters these days really. I don’t like the witch hunt culture but it’s been going on long enough now for him to know that ‘that’s not how I intended it’ just won’t wash anymore.

On 09/05/2019 at 08:44, nsr said:

I also wonder how much money will need to be spent changing everything from "Her Majesty's..." to "His Majesty's..." when Old Bettie finally pegs it.

Or maybe they just won't bother. Recently I was doing the Kirkintilloch Treasure Trail with the kids and one of the clues was a postbox with "GR" on. Presumably that's dating back to Bettie's auld man and was never updated or replaced.

They've had 67 years to save up for it...

Today i watched in disbelief the true calling card of a moron.

Was sat in a very short street (about 500 yards long) when an Audi entered.

He got to over 1/3 of the way up the street and this was his cue to gun the Audi to 40MPH and slam on his brakes as he swung the car Into his parking space.

I already knew German cars are mostly driven by bellends but this behaviour was exceptionally moronic.

16 hours ago, jupe1407 said:

Danny Baker is a completely unfunny w****r. I'm delighted he's been emptied.

This, an important fact that should not be overlooked. 

Can't wait for Janey Godley to inadvertently post something offensive on her Twitter, hopefully we will never see or hear of the unfunny attention seeking rocket ever again  

1 hour ago, Flybhoy said:

This, an important fact that should not be overlooked. 

Can't wait for Janey Godley to inadvertently post something offensive on her Twitter, hopefully we will never see or hear of the unfunny attention seeking rocket ever again  

He also killed Bob Marley, so at least there is some justice in the world.

On 09/05/2019 at 08:44, nsr said:

Or maybe they just won't bother. Recently I was doing the Kirkintilloch Treasure Trail with the kids and one of the clues was a postbox with "GR" on. Presumably that's dating back to Bettie's auld man and was never updated or replaced.

Most postboxes in Scotland have never been changed from George VI to Elizabeth II. 

There was a big fuss about her being Queen Elizabeth II of England, but the first Queen Elizabeth of Scotland. Rather than face defacement or vandalism of E II R postboxes, Scotland kept the G VI R ones. 

Edit for more info see here https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pillar_Box_War

Edited by Funky Nosejob

On 09/05/2019 at 18:32, WeAreElgin said:

People that use the term "PC brigade" are indeed morons

As are people who refer to “playing the race card”.  Probably the same people.

5 minutes ago, A96 said:

As are people who refer to “playing the race card”.  Probably the same people.

Depends on the context. Some people "play the race card" when it has literally nothing to do with the circumstances. 

8 minutes ago, A96 said:

People who lazily think that all politicians are untrustworthy or generally dishonest

Why else would they be politicians? It's not a career choice for those who care about helping others.

1 hour ago, nsr said:

Why else would they be politicians? It's not a career choice for those who care about helping others.

It probably starts out as that for many tbf until they realise that their idealistic ways will get them nowhere in that circus.

Refer to people whom they don't know, but are fans of, by their first name.  This is particularly true of some football fans who for reasons only known to them talk about the players like they know them personally.  Most of the bonkers Michael Jackson fans do this too.  

If you don't know the person personally, talking about them in this over-familiar sense is just weird.

People who claim to support 'family values'.  This is often a code word for bigotry.
Bonus points if they make comments about "getting back to...."

Good old days, family values, that sort of thing.

What it really means is have less brown people about.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Bonus points if they make comments about "getting back to...."

Good old days, family values, that sort of thing.

What it really means is have less brown people about.

I forget who it was who said it, but I good quote I heard was when someone says 'We want our country back', what they really mean is 'I want my country white'.