Calling Cards of Morons

On 06/03/2021 at 13:06, Todd_is_God said:

"It's 5 o'clock somewhere" at 2.23pm. When it's quite literally not 5 o'clock anywhere.

It's quite a strange premise anyway. If I haven't started by 5 o'clock I probably won't bother.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Somewhat predictably, the American Right are pushing hard on the 'Orwell was right!" and "This is happening today!" and "It's a wonder the left haven't banned it yet" narrative now that we have our first openly Communist President in the White House.

Among other things; people are literally being imprisoned for having conservative opinions, we aren't able to fly the Stars and Stripes any more, he's undoing all the freedoms Trump won for us and of course; we'd best prepare because he wants to take ARE gunz. Actual evidence to back any of this up is somewhat scarce but oh, those whacky Republicans, eh? 

3 hours ago, Shotgun said:

Somewhat predictably, the American Right are pushing hard on the 'Orwell was right!" and "This is happening today!" and "It's a wonder the left haven't banned it yet" narrative now that we have our first openly Communist President in the White House.

Among other things; people are literally being imprisoned for having conservative opinions, we aren't able to fly the Stars and Stripes any more, he's undoing all the freedoms Trump won for us and of course; we'd best prepare because he wants to take ARE gunz. Actual evidence to back any of this up is somewhat scarce but oh, those whacky Republicans, eh? 

Thoughts & prayers, man; thoughts & prayers.

16 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Grown adults moving to Scotland from England and then absolutely rubbishing the SNP and calling them racist and they 'hate the English'.

I worked with one of those years ago, and the only examples she could give were when she'd been behaving like an utter cow to her neighbours and the word 'English' was thrown in with a load of other invective, because they obviously weren't very bright. Always weird when someone tells you about how bad someone else is and you end up sympathising with the other person.

I'd like to add, "grown adults moving to England from Scotland and then absolutely rubbishing the SNP in order to fit in and calling them racist and they 'hate the English'."

Just now, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, TheScarf said:
Grown adults moving to Scotland from England and then absolutely rubbishing the SNP and calling them racist and they 'hate the English'.

I thought Kincardine had been pretty quiet recently aswell

Did he not move in the opposite direction?  He loves to remind us all that he lives in the Tory heartlands.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

When folk are debating independence or the SNP and they come out with that sort of line, it's a subtle way of telling you they're out of arguments.  It's like Godwin's Theory but for Scotland.

Just now, Highland Capital said:

When folk are debating independence or the SNP and they come out with that sort of line, it's a subtle way of telling you they're out of arguments.  It's like Godwin's Theory but for Scotland.

The guy I work with is like this.  Turned 60 a few months back, the archetypal Tory boomer.  That's his only argument, that and we're 'too small to go independent.'

6 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

The guy I work with is like this.  Turned 60 a few months back, the archetypal Tory boomer.  That's his only argument, that and we're 'too small to go independent.'

Luxembourg seem to be doing fine... 

22 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Luxembourg seem to be doing fine... 

I reeled off about 10 countries smaller than us who are doing fine.