Calling Cards of Morons

Almost exclusively the preserve of the elderly. If someone at the home is taking a trip into town, they get handed everybody's cards to make a small withdrawal and get a statement to prove they didn't skim anything off the top.
Never occurs to the auld bassa to do it in a couple of goes so the rest of the queue can take their bus money and get to work  <_>
Going to an ATM - other than in exceptional circumstances -any more than once a week.

20 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Folk who check their balance at the ATM, holding up the queue behind.

It's 2019 for f**k sake, how and why do you not have a banking app on your phone? Get your money out and f**k off out my way.

It's the calling card of a sizable moron, and said morons are OFTW.

Using Americanisms.

I blame Sky.

10 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
On 08/01/2019 at 01:52, Dee Man said:
Writes 'would of/could of' instead of 'would've/could've'.

Eh ken this is me

Not aimed at you G, there are loads of people do it, but you are guilty of it I'm afraid. 

Using Americanisms.
I blame Sky.
What would you call it, out if interest? I know "hole-in-the-wall" used to be common in England (I think Barclays Bank had that as a trademark) and I think my old man just says "the bank" or "cash machine" but I can't think of many better phrases that "ATM" really. Although I call it "the Bancomat"...

What would you call it, out if interest? I know "hole-in-the-wall" used to be common in England (I think Barclays Bank had that as a trademark) and I think my old man just says "the bank" or "cash machine" but I can't think of many better phrases that "ATM" really. Although I call it "the Bancomat"...
Bank machine IMO

I suspect this has already been covered, but people who say "Simples!"

They should be rubbed with a cheese grater and slowly drowned in vinegar. Then raised from the dead so the process can be repeated.

I suspect this has already been covered, but people who say "Simples!"
They should be rubbed with a cheese grater and slowly drowned in vinegar. Then raised from the dead so the process can be repeated.
That is on the same patter tier as ending a statement with .com

Unless you are describing a website ken

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Processed meat and bacon is a class 1 carcinogen, along with plutonium and tobacco and other such chemicals.

Actual meat like chicken and beef is a class 2.  So bad, but not as bad.

Edit - That's from the World Health Organisation.  So don't shoot TheScarf!

Yeah, but you don't win friends with salad.

6bwOkD_NkD0HmQQkSKEMr8w-Tl4=.gif

3 hours ago, nsr said:

Wearing a university-branded hoodie around campus.

Even more so when off campus and certainly boot-in-the-pie level if worn on the train.

Eta:  I suppose this is just c***ish look-at-me behaviour rather than moronic.

Edited by Hedgecutter

People who still use the term "Flat Screen TV" like it is some kind of luxury.  They are about 15 years out of date.
You see that advertised with hotels etc as if its something desirable. Pish. There will be teenagers these days who have never seen a CRT tv.

Similarly, peddling wifi as a perk. f**k that. Its essential.

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
3 hours ago, strichener said:
Using Americanisms.
I blame Sky.

I was with the Clydesdale when their ATM , which they called the Autobank ,was a new thing.

So I've always referred to every ATM no matter which bank or whatever runs it , as the Autobank , even though I haven't been with Clydesdale for years

Wearing a university-branded hoodie around campus.

The equivalent in the oil & gas industry would be folk that dress in polo shirts/jackets etc branded with whatever project they worked on, or some slogan.

e.g Kuparak Sands, Biddly Bong Wyoming 2011, 2 Years without a Lost Time Accident