Falkirk v Ross County

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Decent result but It is god awful to watch. Dug in showed plenty fight with McGhee strolling it. The front two with better service would have torn that defence. With the scraps they got they did well. County are no great shakes either.

Totally agree. 

Thought Aero and McGhee were both good tonight. No issues with them being paired till January. 

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

better performance they all looked up for it and wanted to prove themselves. still can't see where our goalscorer is relying on county scoring for us. that's despite 3 or 4 great crosses into the box throughout the game. the strategy seemed to work for most parts getting mist of our better players on the park. best part of the game, goal aside wad the standing ovation Robson got for battling away with Stelios in the corner. epitomized what's been missing. learned a few things tonight aero and McGhee is our best centre back pairing by a mile. Robson needs to start. his attitude is spot on on the pitch like leahys was and he adds an attacking threat. no dallison again. Mitchell before fasan. Petra is better when we play on the break and the ball is thread through or over for him to run onto. Irving should start.

I'd have Russell in for kidd (did okay tonight ) and buaben for paton.

thought a draw was a fair result. despite their possession we had the better chances. if we can nullify the best side in the league then there's hope. hopefully the players enjoyed getting clapped off at the end and it motivates them going forward. they've had their fair share of stick recently.

An unexpected point, which was so close to being 3.

An improved display against the best side to rock up to TFS this season.

County are easily the best in the division. Fast, sharp, expansive & playing with a lot of confidence.

That we condensed the game into our half, to & hit on the break, pretty much resonated with how we played, & found other teams in the division, a couple of seasons back.

Defence looked a lot more assured, but look like missing Muirhead on Sat. As it looks like he's picked up a nasty injury.

The best 90 mins we've played this season, which isn't saying much, but is a start.

Well done, bring on Jobbys mob.

3 minutes ago, Super Tuesday said:

Petra has been getting better each week for me.

Where did that commitment come from tonight, maybe we should have a forum every Thursday?

He isnt a wide player as he doesnt have the skillset or composure to play there for now, the work rate of him and Rudden tonite was astounding tho

We surely have found a formation now to work with for now to grind out pts and on another day we couldve got 3pts with the chances we had and failed to take. It wasnt pretty but dare I say we had a bit camaraderie in there which hasnt been there till tonite.

Id even give Paton pass marks tonite, still not good enough but reiterate what I said at half time I thought McKee wasnt giving his all but overall more of this till January and we will pick up points

A wee mention to the Black Knight in Muirhead, one legged and still putting in challenges all over the place

BK film still3.jpg

4 minutes ago, MrDust said:

He isnt a wide player as he doesnt have the skillset or composure to play there for now, the work rate of him and Rudden tonite was astounding tho

We surely have found a formation now to work with for now to grind out pts and on another day we couldve got 3pts with the chances we had and failed to take. It wasnt pretty but dare I say we had a bit camaraderie in there which hasnt been there till tonite.

Id even give Paton pass marks tonite, still not good enough but reiterate what I said at half time I thought McKee wasnt giving his all but overall more of this till January and we will pick up points

A wee mention to the Black Knight in Muirhead, one legged and still putting in challenges all over the place

BK film still3.jpg

Thought Muirhead was better after he got injured. Stopped trying to be too pretty and just booted the ball safety first wise. Still a few shaky moments before then.

14 minutes ago, kiddy said:

An unexpected point, which was so close to being 3.

An improved display against the best side to rock up to TFS this season.

County are easily the best in the division. Fast, sharp, expansive & playing with a lot of confidence.

That we condensed the game into our half, to & hit on the break, pretty much resonated with how we played, & found other teams in the division, a couple of seasons back.

Defence looked a lot more assured, but look like missing Muirhead on Sat. As it looks like he's picked up a nasty injury.

The best 90 mins we've played this season, which isn't saying much, but is a start.

Well done, bring on Jobbys mob.

County to me were murder. Side to side fitba creating nothing. If we'd had a decent side we'd have won that comfortably.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Thought Muirhead was better after he got injured. Stopped trying to be too pretty and just booted the ball safety first wise. Still a few shaky moments before then.

Two well heard mouths organising at the back with him and Mitchell, you could hear Mitchell from opposite end of the park shouting at the defence instead of our shoulder shruggers, finger pointers after the play we have witnessed for weeks.

Its only one plus in a fkin lot of negatives this season but as I pointed out there was more a togetherness that hasnt been seen this season at all, everyone in it for the team.

The bench options are fkin dreadful tho

Draw probably a fair result, for all of County’s possession they didn’t create too many clear cut chances. Our game plan was very effective, with McGhee and Petra excellent. Not Tommy Robson’s biggest fan but he deserves a mention too. Paul Paton out for Saturday along with possibly Muirhead and Buaben. Not been very impressed with any team in this league which makes it a kick in the stones when we are so shit.

Ross County were the best team I've seen this season. Calm of head and precise of pass, willing to take the ball under pressure, not the most pacy side but just had a real confidence to their play. Saying that, a real improvement from ourselves. Could and should have won the game, defended well and dangerous on the break. We passed up a couple of great chances and it took an absolute wonder goal from a defected clearance in to the path of Vigurs for us to be undone. Feeling a lot more positive about the next few games, hoping for a similar set up on Saturday 

49 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Well, aye, obviously. I was just trying to keep it simple for the hordes! 

Oh right. Thought we were on the cusp of a heated debate...

What a difference having Muirhead at centre back and Dallison and Harrison off the pitch makes to the defence. Thought we looked a lot more composed tonight and really limited Ross County to very few chances.

We even had a few chances of our own and competed in the middle of the park which we haven't all season. 

A defence of Kidd, Muirhead, McGhee, Brough and Robson is more than good enough IMO. If we can get someone in midfield to play with Buaben and McKee/ Irving and 2 strikers, we should be able to catch Alloa at least.

Archived