Falkirk v Ross County

The Russell situation is one I want to ask about on Thursday, I doubt we will get a straight answer on it but its so obvious he is being hung out to dry till January over something previous.

He was on the bench last night and Robson and Kidd are better options at wingback. It’s not the fault of McKinnon or Russell that he was signed in a rushed panic.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

He was on the bench last night and Robson and Kidd are better options at wingback. It’s not the fault of McKinnon or Russell that he was signed in a rushed panic.

He's a versatile player so would've been worth a punt in other positions perhaps. No Paton on Saturday and maybe no Buaben either so might be worth giving him a punt in  a holding role.

f**k me.... We are where we are. Thats doenst mean you cant enjoy individual games on their merits.

From the second half against Queens to that lastnight was a massive improvement. I have no issue with a defensive countering system if it works. Just look back at the pre match talk, the odds, everything. We were supposed to get leathered.

I feel for you if you arent able to enjoy a single game this season because you havent been able to let go of the summer. I appreciate your knowledge of the inner workings of the board and I appreciate your commitment to getting them hounded. But still, if I turn up and watch 11 players finally looking like they have a point to prove and taking a point which could have been 3 against the league leaders, I have to say I enjoyed it. Just put it in isolation and remember that you support Falkirk the team, at least for 90 minutes and put the board stuff aside.

Spare me the lectures about my support of the team thanks.

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Wouldnt like to have to play with Petra and Rudden up front for the rest of the season so I hope a decent striker with a bit of guile is near the top of his shopping list.  Get Rudden coming off the bench then to replace Petra in games. 

I dont think we can take a bigger picture over Petra up front from last night, time will tell re both Rudden and Petra, Ruddens workrate since he came in hasnt dropped and I feel he would be a better poacher of goals in the box than Petra but we obviously need Rudden to the donkey work behind than poach.

I have an xmas wish list this year, first time in many a year but wanting rid of a few in the squad and Haber heading back to Dundee is as high as Paton going

1 hour ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

He has been a stand out in the reserve games I have seen and can cover a few positions, obviously something from the Morton split.

As a manager, it helps if you can get on with players but not a necessity if they can do a better job than some still getting a first team jersey.

We probably wont get the truth about that till Russell is away from the club

I was impressed with Falkirk last night. They worked their arses off and deserved their point.

County have *clearly* a far better squad but they created almost nothing and I don't remember Mitchell making a save of any note.

Edit - Surely County have a better option than Stelios at right back? He's utter and complete mince and stands out like a sore thumb in that team.

20 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Edit - Surely County have a better option than Stelios at right back? He's utter and complete mince and stands out like a sore thumb in that team.

Option 1: Marcus Fraser, team captain, best right-back in the league IMO.  He hasn't kicked a ball in 10 weeks and only made the bench.

Option 2: Keith Watson, he had to fill in at centre-back because Callum Morris and Liam Fontaine both got injured in the same match recently.

Stelios is option 3. 

Tony Dingwall, inside-forward-come-wide midfielder, is option 4. Stelios is the better option.

4 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

Option 1: Marcus Fraser, team captain, best right-back in the league IMO.  He hasn't kicked a ball in 10 weeks and only made the bench.

Option 2: Keith Watson, he had to fill in at centre-back, because Calum Morris and Liam Fontaine both got injured in the same match recently.

Stelios is option 3. 

Tony Dingwall, inside-forward-come-wide midfielder, is option 4. Stelios is the better option.

Excuse my ignorance of all things Stelios, but is he the lad that played for St Mirren?

Just now, Reggie Perrin said:

Excuse my ignorance of all things Stelios, but is he the lad that played for St Mirren?

Yes, he made an impact for them by scoring goals from left-back during their escape from relegation.  He was upgraded on during their title push last season.

5 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

If I remember it happened during a good spell of County pressure, where the attacking players were chasing down a lot of clearances and winning the ball back to keep the pressure on.  It's an under-rated part of how County having been playing this season.

County were definitely starting to ramp up the pressure at that time aye, big Brian Graham and McManus had just came on so it was probably theyre best spell of the second half, it was just harsh from our view for the deflected ball to land right at your most technical players feet for him to curl one in :lol: 

52 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

Option 2: Keith Watson, he had to fill in at centre-back because Callum Morris and Liam Fontaine both got injured in the same match recently.

Stelios is option 3. 

Although Stelios looked to me to do a good job at RB in the previous two fixtures, v Ayr Utd & G Morton.

41 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

County were definitely starting to ramp up the pressure at that time aye, big Brian Graham and McManus had just came on so it was probably theyre best spell of the second half, it was just harsh from our view for the deflected ball to land right at your most technical players feet for him to curl one in :lol: 

It was an incredible touch from Vigurs as well to be fair, didn't just bounce favorably for him.

51 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

It actually doesnt look as good as it was on the highlights either. You could draw a straight line from where I was sat through the top corner and to where Vigurs was just about. It looked like it was far too high the dip and curl on it was superb. Mitchell never got anywhere near it. 

Vigurs is a fucking melt though. 

Muirhead fractured his ankle. He actually looked OK last night as well which is typical of our luck this season.

Absolute warrior playing on with that sort of injury though. Fair play to him.

Makes it all the more puzzling why certain  County players felt the need to get in his face when he went down. The guy was quite clearly genuinely injured.

1 minute ago, Hughsie said:

Muirhead fractured his ankle. He actually looked OK last night as well which is typical of our luck this season.

Absolute warrior playing on with that sort of injury though. Fair play to him.

Makes it all the more puzzling why certain  County players felt the need to get in his face when he went down. The guy was quite clearly genuinely injured.

I have the absolute fear of Paul Paton wearing the captains arm band now.

Archived