Falkirk v Ross County

Hoping that performance and the backing they got from the crowd will give the players a lift. I was roaring my head off at them after the goal and  could only croak at half time. Confidence works wonders on players so, fingers crossed. 

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, JinkyBairn said:

Strange that you’re blaming injuries. Thought you lot would have strength in depth considering your financial backing?

We don't have two players of similar quality for every position, far from it.

And I'm blaming shape and attitude (relative to Falkirk's much better shape and attitude), with the injuries a third factor.

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

They're moaning about 5 players missing when we've been missing a first 11 all season so far. Just shows you how much they're paying the first 11. No excuse if they don't win the league this season given their financial clout.

We lost Curran to Dundee United because they offered him more money on a longer contract (fair play to him though, especially given his injury history).  I heard they blew us out the water for Frans as well.  So I'm wary of how big their budget is.

We do have one of the biggest budgets in the league though and anything less than a title challenge is going to be a major disappointment.

Witnessing our first home goal last night of the season was fantastic. Forgot what it was like. Very unlucky not to go further ahead, if Paton was a football player he’d have scored.

Thought the whole back 5 were decent together. Kidd and Robson at wingback with Petra and Rudden upfront is definitely the way to go until January. We can pick up points and stick with the pack if we let teams play on top of us then catch them on the break.

Vigurs goal was a belter however very unlucky for us for Robsons clearance to be deflected and land right at his feet.

I like everyone else was expecting a drubbing last night so I’m quite content with another point.

Dennon Lewis btw is utter utter shite. All he had to do was come on for the last 10 minutes and chase the ball down but he couldn’t even get that right. Release plz

1 minute ago, Senor Bairn said:

Dennon Lewis btw is utter utter shite. All he had to do was come on for the last 10 minutes and chase the ball down but he couldn’t even get that right. Release plz

This really annoyed me last night. He wasn't pressing the County defenders at all, just floating about up top. Petra did that job for 80 minutes hassling everyone and Lewis just strolled about.

No one has said this despite how often you state it. 
I havent stated it often I dont think. But it is inferred pretty clearly in his post. If you cant enjoy that as a supporter of relegation fodder I cant really say much else.

I dont have any issue with BPM either although him and me have had similar conversations on here in the past which may look like me digging him up, we have also had various PM conversations and I absolutely respect him and his views.

By all means crack on making it something it isnt though

I agree with dd: Gardyne was a big miss,  for the first time in five matches since his injury at Dundee United.  Against United, Keillor-Dunn came on as a sub but it was the other side of the pitch that the team did their damage.  Since then Keillor-Dunn hasn't been able to help control matches much, but he has produced match-defining moments sporadically.  Last night was a test for him against a deep defence when he needed to give the team width, and it was his worst appearance in this run of fixtures because he isn't a hug-the-touchline winger.  .   When he needed to beat Kidd on the outside he either couldn't do it or was unwilling.  The one time he got into a good crossing position he dinked a tame cross into Mitchell's hands.  Gardyne by contrast continually roasted Kidd earlier in the season down the outside, despite no longer being blessed with much speed.  It didn't help that the Mullin-Stelios dynamic didn't work as dd explained.

Lindsay and Cowie offered too much of the same thing last night.  Cowie's OG was inexplicable.  County needed a change of shape much sooner than it happened.

Despite how good some teams appear to be at this level, if one team sits with deep banks of five and three then it's difficult for a Championship side to break a full-time team down like that.  There are more competent players in that XI than I think Falkirk fans have seen so far.  Muirhead and McGhee were very good at the basic defending last night.  Given Muirhead's injury he was fantastic in the last 10 minutes.  Irving was  a good bridge between the deep defending and counter attacking.  Rudden and Petra are clearly very suited to that style of football and Mackinnon probably has a good enough formula for the next few weeks.

14 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Vigurs goal was a belter however very unlucky for us for Robsons clearance to be deflected and land right at his feet.

If I remember it happened during a good spell of County pressure, where the attacking players were chasing down a lot of clearances and winning the ball back to keep the pressure on.  It's an under-rated part of how County having been playing this season.

Last night's performance gave us one thing we haven't had for months and that's  hope. Standards now been set and has to be maintained. Injuries are a worry though. Actually looked like a team and there was organisation ,structure and effort. 

A wee signing in the next week or so wouldn't go a miss to boost us again.

Petra certainly had a tough time getting over the “competition winner” jibes, as well as coming into the toxic brew that Hartley and “Mitch” had concocted. All in all, the guy has done really well.

Its also tough for the young lad Rudden, but again, the service hasn’t been there, but the lad has applied himself selflessly. I have no doubt that a fully fit Bauben playing last night instead of Paton, and we would have pulled off the shock result of the season.

The thing is, can we repeat the trick on Saturday?  I don’t know if RC simply had a so-so night last night, but bad as we undoubtedly are, the high fliers in the league really aren’t all that great.

McKinnon fielded a side last night that Paton and Kidd apart, was what a lot of people had been crying out for for several weeks. We can only accept that McKinnon wasn’t playing that way for tactical reasons rather than simply not being able to see it.

A Bauben in and a Paton out is the next move on the cards hopefully. I take it Russell is now a permanent “oot”.

1 minute ago, Les Westander of County said:

Shh! Don't tell Everyone!

It’s not meant as a slur. It’s not like there is a top flight side out of place in this league. RC are undoubtedly a cut above the rest of us, but not crazily so.

1 hour ago, bunglebonce said:

If I remember it happened during a good spell of County pressure, where the attacking players were chasing down a lot of clearances and winning the ball back to keep the pressure on.  It's an under-rated part of how County having been playing this season.

County had a lot of the ball but I cant remember Mitchell really having much to do at all second half apart from Vigurs peach. Patons miss looks worse every time you see it an Irving should really be bursting the net with his late chance. No right foot though unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

Last night's performance gave us one thing we haven't had for months and that's  hope. Standards now been set and has to be maintained. Injuries are a worry though. Actually looked like a team and there was organisation ,structure and effort. 

A wee signing in the next week or so wouldn't go a miss to boost us again.

A real unity between the team that hasnt been seen all season, players handshaking, encouraging each other for varying parts of game play.

I cant see us signing anyone till January now, a pity as our small squad now will be tested to the limits with injuries

Tho maybe we will announce a signing on Thursday......thats the kinda things these meeting look to do, turn bad atmosphere into good

24 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Petra certainly had a tough time getting over the “competition winner” jibes, as well as coming into the toxic brew that Hartley and “Mitch” had concocted. All in all, the guy has done really well.

Its also tough for the young lad Rudden, but again, the service hasn’t been there, but the lad has applied himself selflessly. I have no doubt that a fully fit Bauben playing last night instead of Paton, and we would have pulled off the shock result of the season.

The thing is, can we repeat the trick on Saturday?  I don’t know if RC simply had a so-so night last night, but bad as we undoubtedly are, the high fliers in the league really aren’t all that great.

McKinnon fielded a side last night that Paton and Kidd apart, was what a lot of people had been crying out for for several weeks. We can only accept that McKinnon wasn’t playing that way for tactical reasons rather than simply not being able to see it.

A Bauben in and a Paton out is the next move on the cards hopefully. I take it Russell is now a permanent “oot”.

Petra still has been woeful recent weeks in a wide role, the simplicity of a forward role suits him better especially with his role last night and Rudden is that daft laddie who will run his legs down to his knees for you which is what we need for now and not Haber putting his dandering ,walking and not using his body to challenge realistically for a ball that could easily be his 

We need a midfielder with goals in them, if we had that last night we wouldve won last night. Irving will try a few shots but his shooting is very reminiscent of Ken Eadie's in that he manages to shoot from outside the box and it goes 2-3 yards over the bar everytime and thats not covering the chances we created in the box with both Irving and Paton squandering.

The Russell situation is one I want to ask about on Thursday, I doubt we will get a straight answer on it but its so obvious he is being hung out to dry till January over something previous.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
7 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:
That Vigurs celebration though. What a gonk.

An absolute minter for him tbh. Wtf was the point? Should have been getting the ball back to look for the winner instead of acting like a clown

I can only presume he couldn't find the minibus of his own fans so decided to take it out on ours.

7 minutes ago, MrDust said:

A real unity between the team that hasnt been seen all season, players handshaking, encouraging each other for varying parts of game play.

I cant see us signing anyone till January now, a pity as our small squad now will be tested to the limits with injuries

Tho maybe we will announce a signing on Thursday......thats the kinda things these meeting look to do, turn bad atmosphere into good

Petra still has been woeful recent weeks in a wide role, the simplicity of a forward role suits him better especially with his role last night and Rudden is that daft laddie who will run his legs down to his knees for you which is what we need for now and not Haber putting his dandering ,walking and not using his body to challenge realistically for a ball that could easily be his 

We need a midfielder with goals in them, if we had that last night we wouldve won last night. Irving will try a few shots but his shooting is very reminiscent of Ken Eadie's in that he manages to shoot from outside the box and it goes 2-3 yards over the bar everytime and thats not covering the chances we created in the box with both Irving and Paton squandering.

The Russell situation is one I want to ask about on Thursday, I doubt we will get a straight answer on it but its so obvious he is being hung out to dry till January over something previous.

Wouldnt like to have to play with Petra and Rudden up front for the rest of the season so I hope a decent striker with a bit of guile is near the top of his shopping list.  Get Rudden coming off the bench then to replace Petra in games. 

Archived