The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

31 minutes ago, The Golden God said:

They’ve surely got to have a record for most name changes within one team, were they not minardi back in the day and still aren’t technically a new team. Maybe up there with Racing Martin India etc 

they were Minardi 

2 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Not sure Red Bull will continue with their young Japanese drivers after Honda pulled out and are now going to supply someone else.

Out of the Red Bull Juniors, Iwasa is probably the pick of the current group regardless of engine deal.

Certainly a better choice than Daniel Ricciardo. Lawson or Hauger would be better choices than Ricciardo.

Edited by approximately dave

49 minutes ago, approximately dave said:

Out of the Red Bull Juniors, Iwasa is probably the pick of the current group regardless of engine deal.

Certainly a better choice than Daniel Ricciardo. Lawson or Hauger would be better choices than Ricciardo.

Not sure how you can come to that conclusion tbh.

Folk keep talking about a Checo exit and looking to Riccairdo as a replacement.

Its strange how much good press coverage he gets on Sky considering he's utter garbage.

Checo has been a great no.2 albeit off the boil currently. 

Edited by V.Aye.R

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/66053065

Fucking diddums.

You'll be handing back all those championships you won while your arse was planted in by far and away the best car on the grid for years on end? 

Naw, thought not, you hipocrytical wee gimp.

I don't think I can recall any sportsman, in any sport, with such a total absence of self-awareness as Hamilton.

2 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/66053065

Fucking diddums.

You'll be handing back all those championships you won while your arse was planted in by far and away the best car on the grid for years on end? 

Naw, thought not, you hipocrytical wee gimp.

I don't think I can recall any sportsman, in any sport, with such a total absence of self-awareness as Hamilton.

May I suggest Christian Horner....

FzzJ3gDakAwPxmN?format=jpg&name=large

Hamilton probably has a point - and seems to have accepted he has benefited from it in the past, although it's easy to say that now. Maybe something does need done now though when there's a cost cap and restrictions on wind tunnel time meaning you could cram more work in before your limits change.

There's other things I'd ban before that though - drivers spending hours in the sim during race weekends testing set-ups that can be tried at the track, super computers crunching a gazillion possible strategies to find the best one and the nonsense of "mission control" that the likes of Mercedes have back at their base with loads of folk monitoring computers so they can react in nanoseconds. I accept I'm in full "old man shouts at cloud" mode but stuff like that isn't needed and is taking away some of the unpredictability as it's cutting down the chance of human error.