Gary Caldwell's Jaggernaught vs wee pt Alloa

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Nizzy said:

For...?

Actually I'm up to that point in the highlights Bannigan is a lucky boy. He misses Hastie with the challenge. If he makes contact then he's off.

It's 70 minutes when we were breaking and the referee pulled the play back. Still though ludicrous officiating.

1 hour ago, whereismillar said:

Whats the score with the main stand being empty (apart from the board? members and such ) seems odd !

It’s normally used for away fans, but since relegation we’ve stopped opening it for the smaller away numbers like you guys today & the highland teams.

1 hour ago, Paul Cicero said:

Are the Thistle fans regretting Jackie Low & boards  decision to appoint big heid and numbnuts instead of offering job to Goodwin who quite clearly has Indian sign over Jags this season and has Part time minnows competing well. 

If I was you, I would be more concerned about St Middens current plight rather than ours. 

Happy enough with a draw from that. Gifted Partick the opener with a daft challenge from Jake when he should never have been diving in. But once again Alloa showed great spirit to battle back, and again after Spittal's excellent strike. Hard earned and probably just about deserved. 

We really need to win some games but the players are hanging in well. 

10 hours ago, Paul Cicero said:

Are the Thistle fans regretting Jackie Low & boards  decision to appoint big heid and numbnuts instead of offering job to Goodwin who quite clearly has Indian sign over Jags this season and has Part time minnows competing well. 

Another good result for the PE Teacher yesterday?

We really need to win some games but the players are hanging in well. 

Agree, Waspie. Draws are good, and coming from behind to pick up a point at both Firhill and TFS reflects well on the team, but picking up wins regularly is key.

Of course Jim G will be well aware of that. It's noticeable that we have scored more goals from open play (well at least not from pens or direct from free kicks :-) and that is encouraging.

We'll certainly miss Jake's pace and direct running, so vital we get in attacking quality. The signings of Kirky and Ross Stewart last year transformed our season. Similar quality this season would be great. Very difficult of course to do that.

I watched the Falkirk v Morton game yesterday and they were both really poor. Let's hope that continues. [emoji5]

I thought overall we looked far better organised as a unit with a clearer gameplan than Thistle.

Christie Elliot was poor at Alloa but he caused us problems in the first half especially. He had made a few dangerous runs prior to the penalty and we didnt heed that warning.

Thought we knocked it around well at times and asked questions going forward. Parry excellent when required.

Bannigan took a few risks at times when he was on a booking. I was in Thistle end and boys were screaming at him to screw the nut. Looked visibly frustrated for a good 10 minute spell. Of course had he been sent off it would have been a massive blow because he was their best player.

I really fancied us to push on and win at 2 2, and even at the end I thought we might steal one on the counter despite Thistle pressure. But happy with the draw. Good spirit shown as always, I never worry too much when we go behind in games, we always look like we can get our way back in.

First game I've attended this season and I still see we are a crushing disappointment. First half played well but went to shit second. Im still trying to warm and dry up after that shit also.

13 hours ago, Paul Cicero said:

It’s regrettable that we have a sex offender stalking all of our match threads, yes.

To take some of the best attackers in the country currently as an example , you'll always see Forrest, McGregor, Christie and so on arcing their runs or running diagonally off the ball to drag their markers about and free up space  for someone else.

The amount of times we've seen someone running with the ball into the final third only for three or four forwards to be holding their position, literally walking into the box is infuriating and not something a self-declared proponent of attractive football should failed to have lanced out the team over the course of the last 6-7 weeks. 

If any team is even remotely competent at defending set-pieces and second balls they've got an easy 1-3 points against us. 

Archived