Two Doors Down

Flybhoy

I think they'd be better off without Cathy and just have Colin as a single guy.  Could see him constantly pretending that he's out on dates etc and would get a laugh. 

It's still one of the best comedies out there.  Alan walking in and asking the boys if they are watching Drag Race made me laugh.

19 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

I think they'd be better off without Cathy and just have Colin as a single guy.  Could see him constantly pretending that he's out on dates etc and would get a laugh. 

It's still one of the best comedies out there.  Alan walking in and asking the boys if they are watching Drag Race made me laugh.

Aye ok, ya turd burglar. 

Really wasn't enough Alan or Gordon for me but not sure if they're both better used sparingly rather getting the Cathy treatment. 

I'd say one of the underrated aspects of the show are Ian's facial expressions. Not the funniest of characters but he always cracks me up 

3 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Really wasn't enough Alan or Gordon for me but not sure if they're both better used sparingly rather getting the Cathy treatment. 

I'd say one of the underrated aspects of the show are Ian's facial expressions. Not the funniest of characters but he always cracks me up 

Naw he disnae.

58 minutes ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

That's me done with this. Pile of absolute shite. Chuckles at Christine and Eric but Cathy and drunk Michelle had me seething

It does markedly improve in my opinion from episode three onwards (although not at the heights of previous seasons), but I would say the first two episodes of this series are the weakest that they have ever produced. 

Bringing Cathy back was an awful decision. She's a completely horrible individual. It doesn't play in a comedy unless you at least make the character amusing. It can be done:- 

- David Brent 

- Chris Finch

- Dick Byrne 

- Stevie the Bookie 

- The entire main cast of Sunny in Philly! 

Sadly the writers have went down the same route as Bernadette in TBBT and made Cathy just a thoroughly dislikable character. Without the protection of a laughter track it just makes for uncomfortable viewing. It's so bad that I may give up on this if they continue to make her so intolerable. 

Yeah she was previously a bit David Brent, doing the lap dancing with Colin and shaking her arse in front of Gordon's face(?), always greeting Ian's boyfriend kissing them, like she was trying to turn them straight, the tense exchanges between her and Colin telling him to say he wouldn't w**k again, and that time she got him to phone up his ex to tell her not to contact him again, those sort of things making everyone around her uncomfortable, but they were all funny for the viewers.

She was oblivious to anyone slagging her off too, as she was so self absorbed it went over her head and she just carried on, but now she takes any criticism personally and is vindictive and nasty towards anyone and everyone around her, and it isn't even funny in an uncomfortable way. Dunno why they've changed her from a complete out of control nutter, to a nasty mean spirited cow, but it has ruined her character.

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/11/2023 at 19:05, The Naitch said:

Series 7 is now on iPlayer.

Enjoyed the first episode, will catch up on the rest at some point.

Eventually watched the rest and the last few episodes are a marked improvement on the first couple.

Cathy is still unbearable.

On 21/12/2023 at 07:58, The Naitch said:

Eventually watched the rest and the last few episodes are a marked improvement on the first couple.

Cathy is still unbearable.

Having Colin and Catch as neighbours strikes me as what it would be like living next door to the Mones.