Two Doors Down

Flybhoy

I thought the Christmas special was nicely done. It was quite different to their previous Christmas specials, but it worked well and the ending especially showed plenty of heart. 

More generally, although I enjoyed Cathy, I am relieved they resisted any temptation to essentially clone her for the most recent series. Some of Anne-Marie's lines have fallen a bit flat for me, but at least she is her 'own' character. My big fear was that they would attempt to replace Cathy with a replica and that it would not work at all for a multitude of reasons. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think it’s a great binge watch which basically uses the same gag on every episode but still makes it work without it ever getting dull or predictable. 

Beth reminds me of my mum and she had a friend that was very like Cath (only slightly less ghastly) when I was growing up and I can totally relate to the way in which she gets the piss taken out of her. The entire thing actually reminds me of when you’re designated driver on a night out and you realise how ungrateful and insufferable some people can be. Elaine C Smith Is also v funny.

• 7 months later...

Forgive the link but that's awful news about the show's creator. He was such a good writer - he also created Boy Meets Girl and the Alan Carr comedy Changing Ends. So sad., they had just wrapped filming of the latest series last week.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/tv/11072357/two-doors-down-stars-devastated-death-shows-creator/

11 hours ago, The Naitch said:

Forgive the link but that's awful news about the show's creator. He was such a good writer - he also created Boy Meets Girl and the Alan Carr comedy Changing Ends. So sad., they had just wrapped filming of the latest series last week.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/tv/11072357/two-doors-down-stars-devastated-death-shows-creator/

Horrible news.

I knew him years ago. Really nice guy.

RIP Simon.

Edited by Richey Edwards

On 09/08/2023 at 22:16, The Naitch said:

Very sad, remember sitting with the missus laughing at his Terri McIntyre character way back when.

• 2 months later...

Have been running through all episodes again with many stand out moments but the one in Series 2 where it is Colin's dad's birthday and Cathy dons the accordion and sings " Here's comes yer heilin granny great big tits and a hairy fanny" had me howling.

On 12/10/2023 at 12:18, Crazy Days said:

Have been running through all episodes again with many stand out moments but the one in Series 2 where it is Colin's dad's birthday and Cathy dons the accordion and sings " Here's comes yer heilin granny great big tits and a hairy fanny" had me howling.

For some reason, my favourite line is in the jamon episode when Cathy starts dancing and shouts "Fast clap me, Jazz, fast clap me!"

Edited by jimbaxters

• 1 month later...
On 25/11/2023 at 01:09, LIVIFOREVER said:

Likes being a bitch but can't take it back, goes into head's gone mode when anyone takes the piss out of her. 

Still laugh at some of her barbs but she got real nasty a few seasons back and it made her less funny.

You do know this is a sitcom, right?

3 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

You do know this is a sitcom, right?

Hence replying to the characters name in the post.

She was self absorbed and bitchy before but in a calamitous funny way, then it got nasty and cruel, think Cathy has had her time but they've brought her back because the other character that took her place didn't really work either.