Friday Night Football - Ayr United v Dundee United (2nd v 3rd)

Andy Geggan, Alan Forrest, Jamie Adams, Lawrence Shankland and Mark Kerr are all out with injuries.

It hasn't been posted on there, need to check the actual website

Ian says: “We have worked extremely hard this week with the huge focus being getting three points tonight and getting back to the top of the league. Obviously we are going through a sticky patch recently but we know we are better than that and can’t wait to get back out there. It is going to be tough, Dundee United have added to their squad and are in good form so we need to get back to our best. And what better time to do that, under the lights on live television at Somerset Park.”

Cheers lads

I’d actually forgotten this was shown on BT.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The bookies have reacted by firing us out to 9/4 and hammering the terrors into a 5/4 shot.

Now 11/10 on United and pretty much best available.

2 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Obviously hope i'm wrong but think that Dundee Utd at 2/1 and HTFT at 4/1 earlier in the week was a steal. 

It certainly looks good on paper.

I'm just clinging to the theory that United have been totally rank the twice we've played them and although we're far from full strength and they have strengthened considerably they still managed to get stuffed by Alloa a couple of weeks back, so ultimately it's not Barcelona we're facing tonight and the task is far from insurmountable...........

6 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

It certainly looks good on paper.

I'm just clinging to the theory that United have been totally rank the twice we've played them and although we're far from full strength and they have strengthened considerably they still managed to get stuffed by Alloa a couple of weeks back, so ultimately it's not Barcelona we're facing tonight and the task is far from insurmountable...........

Aye - i'm taking comfort in the fact we still have the first choice keeper and back 4 plus what should be a solid enough 2 in the middle of the park playing, so theres no reason to be blown away early or anything - that's still only happened once this season at Queens.  

Just need a bit of luck tonight as well that's certainly been lacking recently and you never know I guess.

37 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The bookies have reacted by firing us out to 9/4 and hammering the terrors into a 5/4 shot.

Now 11/10 on United and pretty much best available.

Greenied for calling us the terrors.

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Greenied for calling us the terrors.

Former season ticket holder and shed regular once upon a time, but don't tell anyone...........

(I went to a party on Saturday night)

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Former season ticket holder and shed regular once upon a time, but don't tell anyone...........

You’re secret is safe with me WATTOOARAB.  ;)

17 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

There's more than one of you isn't there. Arabs turned whatever the fans of Ayr are called. 

9 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

There's more than one of you isn't there. Arabs turned whatever the fans of Ayr are called. 

Honest men (that's why I'm truthful about it) !!

Stayed up in Cupar for a few years and regularly went to Tannadiche. I've always been an Ayr fan but followed United when I couldn't make it down to Somerset.

There's a few rumblings on the SRE FB page that Shankland may be on the bench tonight. Would take it with a pinch of salt though.
I defo think McCall may be playing mind games here I would not be surprised to hear over the tannoy number 9 Moffat number 17 Shankland

2 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
4 minutes ago, rb123! said:
There's a few rumblings on the SRE FB page that Shankland may be on the bench tonight. Would take it with a pinch of salt though.

I defo think McCall may be playing mind games here I would not be surprised to hear over the tannoy number 9 Moffat number 17 Shankland

I don't want Shankland playing if there's a fair chance he can injure himself further.

If his name gets shouted it would be the biggest lift we could receive at the moment.

I'm fancying our chances more by the minute even without Sir Lawrence of Tryfield Place.

5 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Don't want to cause alarm but the wind is fair picking up and to be gusting 45mph by 9. Better not be any last minute farcical again.

My pie will be tanned well before 9.

I don't want Shankland playing if there's a fair chance he can injure himself further.
If his name gets shouted it would be the biggest lift we could receive at the moment.
I'm fancying our chances more by the minute even without Sir Lawrence of Tryfield Place.

I don’t want his name announced

I want the announcer to be reading the team and as he’s saying Craig Moore the power cuts out and Shankland appears in the centre circle like the Undertaker.

Archived