Killie v Cowdenbeaths conquerors

18 minutes ago, Richie said:

... Of course the whataboutery is in full force.

I've found the biggest proponents of "whataboutery " specifically related to football is the other Scottish teams, I've yet to,   and not in this case, seen equality of discrimination . Scottish football, and Scottish society in general requirement of a "two cheeks of the same arse" arguments was needed to do nothing about real sectarian discrimination in football and general Scottish society.

It's generally worked by the world moving on, even in Scotland

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Clarke is spot on calling out the sectarianism that's just accepted and brushed under the carpet these days but he should have called it out on Sunday also when his striker was targeted by the other cheek as well.

He did. https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-clarke-urges-fans-root-14019484.amp

Seriously, Boyd and Clarke shining a light on each cheek.... Maybe now we will reach a turning point where the media stop being pandering shitebags and start holding these clubs to account.

I hope those two have opened a box that cant be closed again and I hope they continue to make the bootlicking media squirm in theie silence.

Expect various media outlets to be in full on deflector shield mode tomorrow maki g excuses and labouring to claim its not just a West Of Scotland problem bla bla bla.

Should it still be the case in Scotland that top referees all come from ‘white collar’ jobs such as lawyers and policemen. They are hardly known for their truth and honesty and I wouldn’t trust a policemen as far as I could throw him. 

I worked with a guy who has refereed junior games and ran the line in League 1 and 2, but it’s basically accepted by him that no matter how good he is he will never reach the top as he works as a mechanical fitter in a factory. 

32 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

This agnostic is beautifully ignorant to whatever Mr Clarke's faith persuasion is. I find it a bit odd that anyone would know what faith a stranger subscribes to, let alone abuse someone for it.

Was just thinking the same - it's fucking sad that they either know or care....

The TV companies will continue to turn their mics down when covering Rangers and Celtic games, the media will go into overdrive saying its just sour grapes from Steve Clarke, and the 'problems' are now no  worse now than they have ever been, as well as what great coach Stevie G has proved to be, the SFA will reiterate that their refs are doing a fine job. Hearts should enjoy Celtic being in town next week for the next 'step towards the title match'. Meanwhile Hibs and Aberdeen can expect more 'honest mistakes' in the Cup ties against them month, then the heated balls can come out for the semi final draw again. Oh, and Steve Clarke will be hit with a 5 game ban and a large fine. 

1 minute ago, Swello said:

Was just thinking the same - it's fucking sad that they either know or care....

That's the laughable thing about it.

I'd also hazard a guess that a large proportion of those hurling the abuse will only be 'protestant' by virtue of being Rangers fans.

1 minute ago, 54_and_counting said:

What part of clarkes quotes does he mention the sectarian abuse, he mentions the coin throwing specifically, but not the sectarianism 

The Whatabout Inspectors are clearly on the ball today. Under their eagle-eyed scrutiny they have discovered that Steve Clarke's moans about the arsecheeks might not be absolutely and perfectly symmetrical. Clearly he's just yet another one-sided Rangers-hating bhigot - or possibly even a f****n b*****d. That settles that and Rangers fans can disregard him and go back to whatever they were doing before.

[Paraphrasing] Steve Clarke on Tuesday: "What happened to Boyd was unacceptable, the majority of fans are well behaved but they need to take more responsibility in calling out those who aren't"

Steve Clarke on Wednesday: "Rangers fans calling me a f***** b****** for 90 minutes is something from the dark ages, and I am personally angry about this as it was me who was being subjected to it."

Rangers fans: "Those two statements are contradictory and Clarke is clearly one of THEM".

Archived