The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

What a game fellow diamonds, I was watching here in the USA.  Logged on a bit late to the guys link he shared here on on the match thread.  And when the game popped up it said 3-0, couldn't believe my eyes.  I am trying to plan better, do you think the guy will post a same link, or can i just pay for it through DTV or Falkirk TV so I don't have any lags.  Already order good pies, got some bottle of irn bru, and will have a fridge full of cans for this one and finish it off with a celebratory half.  

13 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Brilliant night.

Only frustration is Rae getting himself needlessly sent-off, I've been impressed with him overall but a few times this season he has come charging out and risking everything. When you are 5-1 up and risking a 2 game suspension, just stay on your line and make him beat you.

I see Hamilton got an emergency loan in yesterday so presumably we can. With Dabrowski now back at Hibs does that mean they might let Johnson come back? Presume he drops down to 3rd choice behind him, and even if 2nd choice you'd think playing in a pressure play-off tie is better for him than sitting on the bench.

I posted similar on the match thread but decision making is Rae’s weakness. He’s as good a keeper as you’ll get at this level but he makes so may daft decisions on timing when to come out his box. I suppose he’s still very young for his position but he does need to learn from that. 

I would assume Dabrowski can’t play for Hibs until next season (sound the @Skyline Drifter horn) but bringing Johnson back in would be the ideal scenario. I’m sure we’ll try for that and if not bring someone else in, as I don’t think even Hutton himself wants to play.

30 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Brilliant night.

Only frustration is Rae getting himself needlessly sent-off, I've been impressed with him overall but a few times this season he has come charging out and risking everything. When you are 5-1 up and risking a 2 game suspension, just stay on your line and make him beat you.

I see Hamilton got an emergency loan in yesterday so presumably we can. With Dabrowski now back at Hibs does that mean they might let Johnson come back? Presume he drops down to 3rd choice behind him, and even if 2nd choice you'd think playing in a pressure play-off tie is better for him than sitting on the bench.

Think it’s only a 1 game ban for a professional foul 🤞

The thing with Rae is that he is almost like a sweeper keeper which was working well last night because falkirks tactic was clearly to try out the ball in behind and get Burrell onto it. I would argue that Fordyce should have emptied it and Rae was left with no choice. Certainly frustrating but the defence was solid until that point. 

34 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Brilliant night.

From previous similar conversations with the font of knowledge that is @Skyline DrifterI don't think Dabrowski can play for Hibs again until after the next transfer window opens unless I've completely misunderstood everything he's told me (entirely possible) or there is some subsection clause which permits such things after the regular season has ended and play offs are in place. I doubt that though.

6 minutes ago, Aufc said:

The thing with Rae is that he is almost like a sweeper keeper which was working well last night because falkirks tactic was clearly to try out the ball in behind and get Burrell onto it. I would argue that Fordyce should have emptied it and Rae was left with no choice. Certainly frustrating but the defence was solid until that point. 

Yip, thought so as well.

4 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

From previous similar conversations with the font of knowledge that is @Skyline DrifterI don't think Dabrowski can play for Hibs again until after the next transfer window opens unless I've completely misunderstood everything he's told me (entirely possible) or there is some subsection clause which permits such things after the regular season has ended and play offs are in place. I doubt that though.

The drifter is slacking, he was tagged about 30 mins ago!

28 minutes ago, Mr November said:

I posted similar on the match thread but decision making is Rae’s weakness. He’s as good a keeper as you’ll get at this level but he makes so may daft decisions on timing when to come out his box. I suppose he’s still very young for his position but he does need to learn from that. 

I would assume Dabrowski can’t play for Hibs until next season (sound the @Skyline Drifter horn) but bringing Johnson back in would be the ideal scenario. I’m sure we’ll try for that and if not bring someone else in, as I don’t think even Hutton himself wants to play.

He cant play for anyone else till next season. He's left Hibs though and is currently in Poland.

3 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Brilliant night.

Think that's a tad harsh on Rae. As @aufc said, the ball could have been cleared before it even got to Rae. He was put in a very difficult position and it's all very well in hindsight saying he should've stayed back, but in the moment, he did what he's clearly trained to do and come out looking to clear it. 

8 minutes ago, Diamonds Are Red said:

Manager Rhys on the Pint and Two Shots podcast, 1 hr but worth the full watch:-

Listened to it on Monday night, great listen comes across really well.

Wow last night was magic 👏

Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought we'd be taking a 4 goal lead into the second leg. The first half I had to pinch myself a few times, the 5-0 scoreline at half time on my sky sports app didn't seem real. 

@Kenny_m apologies, you got it absolutely spot on, delighted to admit to being wrong, that's why I'm an idiot on a football forum and not a football manager. 

Hate using clichés but it is only half time, it's definitely not over yet but I'm hoping we can get the job done and move onto the final. 

Hopefully have a great backing on Saturday and everyone can get right behind the team, absolutely loved the celebrations from the players including Dycey, Smithy and McCabe. Mon the Diamonds ♦️

10 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Brilliant night.

Dabrowski is technically still on loan at Queens he can't play for anyone else this season.