Relegation Royal Rumble

Golden Bucket and Spade Winner 2018-2019  

563 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

45 minutes ago, Falkirkfan6871 said:

I’d keep stenny in league one that would be less travelling 

Do the old Shire routine in walking to the game from Falkirk taking in every pub towards the game sounds like a plan. We havent played Stennie in a league game for 40yrs and only played them in 12 league games in our history.

58 minutes ago, Falkirkfan6871 said:

Falkirk fan here if we go down on Saturday I would happily take another full time club down. Whole bottom 6 been rank rotten all season and another team deserves to go. Raith can go up that way it can be a two way battle. Partick going down would make it interesting. 

Id rather we took QoS down with us, they love us really

55 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Ummm surely we want Alloa to come down for the "easiest" return next year?

Alloa know the league and wouldnt be my choice

My thinking if partick and Falkirk go down and Raith stay down is that league one will be extremely hard to win. I believe airdrie are full time and Forfar and others like Montrose are no pushovers.

Falkirk would need to outspend partick and Raith. It could also see other teams pushing out the boat a bit knowing they will get three or four relatively big gates next season and buy a bit more quality.

When we were down Morton and other grannied us despite us having some decent players. Alan Johnson is the master of outspending and doing well in league one but only when he’s up against part time sides.

edit I’ve also forgotten Dumbarton, that could be a really tough league next year.

Edited by D.A.F.C

My thinking if partick and Falkirk go down and Raith stay down is that league one will be extremely hard to win. I believe airdrie are full time and Forfar and others like Montrose are no pushovers.
Falkirk would need to outspend partick and Raith. It could also see other teams pushing out the boat a bit knowing they will get three or four relatively big gates next season and buy a bit more quality.
When we were down Morton and other grannied us despite us having some decent players. Alan Johnson is the master of outspending and doing well in league one but only when he’s up against part time sides.

edit I’ve also forgotten Dumbarton, that could be a really tough league next year.
Fucking hell it doesn't get any better does it .

11 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

In fairness, outspending us won't be a huge issue. We'll almost be certainly moving to at least a hybrid of full time/part time if we stay down next year - as is likely. Of course the crux of being a full time team in league 1 is that you have to be able to outspend some championship teams to get good players, otherwise you just get the proper dross on their way down and out who will be no better and indeed probably worse than the better part timers, and if your lucky  you get one or two guys in the last chance saloon who up their game. So it's not just outspending any other full timers in league 1 - you probably have to outspend several championship teams as well.

Edited by renton

3 hours ago, Bromley Trialist said:

Could anyone recommend an internet/ digital radio station for audio commentary of one or more of the matches on Saturday (if such thing exists...)? Ideally the game at Somerset. Would need to be one you can pick up Down South, but I can check that. 

TIA :). 

Radio Scotland Open All Mics is probably your best bet. They have people at the games that jump in when something  of interest happens. It's not full commentary but it will keep you up to date. 

16 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

When we were down Morton and other grannied us despite us having some decent players.

The only decent player you had was Ross Forbes who you gave to us in January in exchange for an absolute haddy.

Thanks for that again. 

6b417f68-fc69-4c0e-80c9-32e9cd2e08b4.thumb.jpg.f6de293fee9213e769383ba646c0cdf0.jpg

18 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

When we were down Morton and other grannied us despite us having some decent players...

Don't mention that season! You'll just attract Vik...

1 hour ago, virginton said:

The only decent player you had was Ross Forbes who you gave to us in January in exchange for an absolute haddy.

Thanks for that again. 

6b417f68-fc69-4c0e-80c9-32e9cd2e08b4.thumb.jpg.f6de293fee9213e769383ba646c0cdf0.jpg

Never mind.