Jags Vs Stags Part Three - Saturday 23 February

7 minutes ago, Midlife Crisis said:

Lost to the side who finished below us in the Premier League last season. That’s depressing enough, without some of our fans saying they don’t care we lost to them. Apathy has well and truly set in.

Who this season have an insane budget for this level. 

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Both teams have had major overhauls in terms of players and a new manager in Thistle's case. Classic whataboutery.

2 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Both teams have had major overhauls in terms of players and a new manager in Thistle's case. Classic whataboutery.

It looks like Caldwell has balanced the books quite well since taking over. He’s made lots of signings but he’s also got shot of plenty, and barring Mutombo they’ve all signed up elsewhere, so I don’t think there will have been much in the way of severance fees required.

Budget should be no excuse for our predicament (we’ve probably got the 3rd highest, and are sitting 10th), but at the same time we don’t have Roy McGregor either.

Major downsizing as well, as anyone who saw some of the respective starting XIs they’ve put out this season.

6 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

There isn't a week that goes by without you creeping in threads and saying something to this effect.

County's budget will be significantly larger than most in the division, yes.  I'd wager that Dundee United's budget is considerably bigger than theirs again.  DU are able to consistently select a full first-team XI in the reserves, who, Toshney apart, would improve most first teams in the division.

13 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Our budget was cut by 40% in the summer and it'll be nowhere near the top 3 budgets from the last 5 seasons (Hearts, Hibs, Rangers, could easily add Utd after their Jan business) so nowhere near insane for this level.

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

DU get double the crowds County do. Stop trying to make out they get bankrolled too. 

I’m trying to make out that they have a bigger budget.  I don’t care if they get bankrolled or not - I don’t care if Ross County get bankrolled or not in the present circumstances.

1 hour ago, cilitbang said:

Wasn’t expecting anything before the game but the way we threw it away was a ball breaker.  

Shout out to the mongos having a go at Anderson at the end of the game to piss him off..

I heard this happened? Utterly brain dead behaviour.

24 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I haven’t read any of the posts or the match report, but some comeback from County today.  It shows real determination and mental strength.

How did United perform today? A good point or two chucked away?

Legs went in the middle of the park. Harkins and bannigan were spent 5 mins into the 2nd half. County players started to find time and space easily and just picked us apart compared to first half where we were pressing relentlessly all over.

Might have been a different story if we'd hung on longer after the break but the best team took the points.

58 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

I heard this happened? Utterly brain dead behaviour.

A dejected looking Anderson looked to the JLS at fulltime with a “sorry” kinda expression. Bunch of idiots at the front were shouting abuse (at everyone) so then Anderson looked pretty pissed off and mouthed something back as he walked away. 

1 hour ago, bunglebonce said:

There isn't a week that goes by without you creeping in threads and saying something to this effect.

County's budget will be significantly larger than most in the division, yes.  I'd wager that Dundee United's budget is considerably bigger than theirs again.  DU are able to consistently select a full first-team XI in the reserves, who, Toshney apart, would improve most first teams in the division.

We were probably a little ahead on budgets before the new chap came in but pushed the boat out significantly in January. No doubt we'll be the highest spenders in the division now. As it should be,tbf, as the biggest club in the division. Looks like it won't be enough though to win the league this season. County's comeback today and United dropping points could be what decides it.

49 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

How did United perform today? A good point or two chucked away?

Two points dropped. Game should have been dead and buried and probably would have been without the ref's  malign influence. Still, you've got to put your chances away.

29 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Two points dropped. Game should have been dead and buried and probably would have been without the ref's  malign influence. Still, you've got to put your chances away.

Tell me about it..

Amazing how much the game swung on that one moment of Spittal's fresh air kick. County's resolve after that first half was tremendous though. We should of had it won, but county ran out worthy winners. Anybody having a go at Ando needs shot. Also, given how much the Weirs have helped us, it's a bit rich having a go at Uncle Roy's investment!

1 hour ago, ALJAGS76 said:

Also, given how much the Weir's have helped us, it's a bit rich having a go at Uncle Roy's investment!

I get your point, and we definitely are lucky that the Weirs won the lottery, but there is a pretty substantial difference in the two “models”. Colin Weir cleared our bank debt and funds the youth academy, but doesn’t have anything to do with the first team or its budget. Which to me seems like pretty much the opposite of what Roy McGregor does at County.

I wish Colin Weir would just sugardaddy the f**k out of it, though. Would be much more fun.

Archived