A View From The Terrace.

13 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

The groundhopper guys were interesting but it's something I'm totally unable to get my head around. I like going to a neutral game if Motherwell aren't playing or am I'm in the town already but to actively follow football to tick off grounds rather than supporting a team is just a bizzare way to view the sport imo.  

I don't know the older guy but I can confirm that Sandy is a regular home supporter at Airdrie.   The idea of seeing every possible fixture combination is not my scene either but I have gone to "neutral" games when Airdrie were either too far away or just rubbish. I liked the Homeless section last night.

45 minutes ago, gannonball said:

For half the diddy fans at the final it would be once in a lifetime thing actually seeing their team play in the flesh. Means more though Im sure.

You’re starting to sound bitter now, rolling out the “diddy” patter is pure Kincardine. 

You’re better than that. 

14 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

They were fixture chasers as opposed to groundhoppers. Not quite the same thing.

I've been to at least one game at all the SPFL / HL (and a good number of LL) grounds1, but for me the football is just 1.5hrs of a day out.  Just as much about getting around and visiting new places, pubs etc etc.  However, once you've been to Stenhousemuir2 for example then I really can't see the appeal of going back to Ochilview other than to support your own team, so I won't be fixture chasing anytime soon (as long as I lay off of the Laphroaig during the next camping weekend).

1 I couldn't be arsed committing to climbing the Munros with friends and I drunkenly agreed to the challenge of visiting all the grounds by the end of the following season instead (camping prior to climbing Nevis with a hangover).  I keep my promises.

2 not saying it's a shitehole or anything, just an incredibly beige town like many others.

Edited by Hedgecutter

8 hours ago, gannonball said:

For half the diddy fans at the final it would be once in a lifetime thing actually seeing their team play in the flesh. Means more though Im sure.

Totally get how frustrating it must be for a fan who goes week in , week out and can’t get a ticket for a semi final or final.

However these fixtures are played at a neutral venue and therefore the split of tickets should also be neutral/ equal as far as possible.

Lets be honest, it’s not really a competition in the first place. Multiple times bigger budget than the competitors, playing to huge home crowds every other week, ‘generous referees’, sign your competitors best players to weaken them (and half the time hardly playing them) etc. It’s hardly a level playing field. You have to concede something surely? 

Edited by big al

Every single semi final and final played at a neutral venue, which is usually Hampden, should be a 50/50 split.

If one team don't/can't sell their tickets then fine, but it should never mean that the other team gets more tickets.

Also it 100% does mean more to fans of clubs outwith Celtic (and Sevco, although they've won f**k all and desperately pretend they are the same club as the dead Rangers). Semi finals are different to finals. A lot of Hibs and Hearts fans know they'll pumped but should they make it to the final they'd easily sell out their full allocation.

No team should have more of the ground in a 'neutral' final.

Celtic have more season ticket season holders than Sevco but it wouldn't be fair if they got more tickets for a final between the two teams.

What's that? Yes, it is because Celtic have a stadium with a larger capacity. So...'extrapolate'...

8 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Every single semi final and final played at a neutral venue, which is usually Hampden, should be a 50/50 split.

If one team don't/can't sell their tickets then fine, but it should never mean that the other team gets more tickets.

Are you sure about this?  By your argument, at the 2014 league cup final between Aberdeen and Inverness you'd only allow a crowd of 18,000, instead of the 51000 that wanted to go?

I think it should always be a 50/50 split initially, but if a team cant sell it out then the tickets should be available to folk that want to go.

8 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Ultimately, this is very much a cutting nose/spite face bit, given that ticket revenue is split, in the end, nah? It also ends up looking terrible with big empty spaces. 

For me, 'how many fans are there' is pretty low on the list of advantages Rangers/Celtic have in a Hampden game against us.

Really enjoyed the bit with the dude that won the homeless world cup, though it did take the guys on the couch way to long to guess!

I do have one massive issue. Why do you get 2 points for being correct in Bank or Bust? Why not just one point? It's extremely triggering.

1 hour ago, thisGRAEME said:

given that ticket revenue is split, in the end, nah?

Apparently...

I'm still not sure we've recieved our money from winning it, and even then it was less than Rangers and Celtic received from the Semis/Final, that season...

Just watched this. Decent episode. The ending was honking though - I’ve not seen much of that guy but I don’t get what’s he’s meant to be, Is it meant to be funny? His whole bit just seems to revolve around being Scottish. Still he seems popular enough but it’s sure as hell not for me.  

11 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

For me, 'how many fans are there' is pretty low on the list of advantages Rangers/Celtic have in a Hampden game against us.

You're reluctant to address any of them though, shrugging over European income too, because the OF have always won the league in your lifetime anyway.

Each element of the vile scale of advantage is accepted in isolation, because there are so many others.  The result is the shit we've again got.

Also it 100% does mean more to fans of clubs outwith Celtic (and Sevco, although they've won f**k all and desperately pretend they are the same club as the dead Rangers). Semi finals are different to finals. A lot of Hibs and Hearts fans know they'll pumped but should they make it to the final they'd easily sell out their full allocation.
Celtic have more season ticket season holders than Sevco but it wouldn't be fair if they got more tickets for a final between the two teams.
What's that? Yes, it is because Celtic have a stadium with a larger capacity. So...'extrapolate'...

No one should have an “end” either.

Also heard Richard Gordon today saying on Sportsound that Rangers(IL) / Sevco are always the Home Team. WTF is that about ?

10 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

No one should have an “end” either.

Also heard Richard Gordon today saying on Sportsound that Rangers(IL) / Sevco are always the Home Team. WTF is that about ?

This definitely isn't the case - it's whoever was drawn first in the semi-final. They may (I genuinely don't know) always get the "home" dressing room (ie the one Scotland use), but that's not particularly relevant at Hampden since they're both identical.

This definitely isn't the case - it's whoever was drawn first in the semi-final. They may (I genuinely don't know) always get the "home" dressing room (ie the one Scotland use), but that's not particularly relevant at Hampden since they're both identical.

I know, I have been in the dressing rooms.

It’s more the principal that the whole day is geared toward those two and the other teams are just there to make up the numbers.

Gordon definitely said that earlier (unless I’m hearing things in my old age).

As another example when Celtic score (their multiple) goals against us, Depeche Mode is played. Years ago in a SF when Larsson score they played the theme to the Magnificent 7.

That’s never been done for any other club nor the NT in the numerous times I’ve been to Hampden over the years.