People who don't know how to behave in public

12 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Exactly, bike c***s only need centimetres because their lives are less important than you waiting five seconds. 

Quite incredible that you managed to take that from what I said. 

Can you explain why the first image has the car giving double the distance as the second?

In Australia they have recently brought in a law where you have to give a cyclist a 1m passing distance which can easily be done in the same lane. 

Cyclists riding two abreast allegedly being safer for an overtaking car is an utter fallacy created by cyclists. The Highway Code states that cyclists should ride single file on narrow or busy roads. 

Either way, if you are a car driver and manage to find yourself looking at a head on collision, you've made a c**t of your overtaking manoeuvre whether the cyclists are correctly positioned or not. 

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 02/03/2019 at 21:08, TheIntenseHummingOfEvil said:

I smuggled some cans into the theatre.

"People who don't know how to behave in public" thread for this  ...

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

Quite incredible that you managed to take that from what I said. 

Can you explain why the first image has the car giving double the distance as the second?

In Australia they have recently brought in a law where you have to give a cyclist a 1m passing distance which can easily be done in the same lane. 

Cyclists riding two abreast allegedly being safer for an overtaking car is an utter fallacy created by cyclists. The Highway Code states that cyclists should ride single file on narrow or busy roads. 

Either way, if you are a car driver and manage to find yourself looking at a head on collision, you've made a c**t of your overtaking manoeuvre whether the cyclists are correctly positioned or not. 

And if the second or so longer to pass the single file cyclists was the difference between a safe and unsafe overtaking maneuver, you'd have to be suicidal to do it. 

20 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Cyclists, not in general but the groups  who decide to cycle abreast of one another when it is perfectly feasible for them to do so in a single file but, because they are allowed to, choose to cycle alongside one another, sometimes as many as four of them but even two makes it impossible for people driving to safely overtake them and causing huge fucking tailbacks of vehicles having to crawl along at 10mph because these dickheads want to chat with one another on the road.

They know the congestion they cause and, often I think take a smug sense of satisfaction in knowing that the traffic laws permit them to do this, despite there being no actual need for them to do so, arseholes of the highest order who, frankly deserve to be splattered by a lorry.

I was with you up until that. (Presumably tongue in cheek, but you never know with Celtic fans...)

21 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Would walking through smoke for a second really make him smell of it for the rest of the day? I think you've made the same mistake of over-dramatising the situation on your way to the moral high ground.

I’ve had more grief from the public when using an e-cig than I did when I smoked fags despite the obvious differences the effect it has on them. We just like a moan. 

I love the rage that cyclists cause. Simplistic moronic seethe at it's best.

I know there are some that are utter dicks, usually the cretins that ride around Glasgow town centre at night with no lights and ignoring the traffic lights but there are much more arsehole drivers out there.  Yer feart of them in their own big motors, not when ye think you can ram them off the road though.

I’m not one to get wound up by cyclists, but some of them could do with learning to pull over sometimes when there’s a fucking massive queue behind them and very few safe places for anyone to overtake.

The same goes with HGVs and old b*****ds driving at 30-40 on a 60.

I’m not one to get wound up by cyclists, but some of them could do with learning to pull over sometimes when there’s a fucking massive queue behind them and very few safe places for anyone to overtake.

It’s dangerous. Slow cyclists are basically pedestrians on the road.

That graphic is fucking stupid. 
If the cyclists are single file then you don't have to move completely into the right lane like the first pic suggests. You might be slightly in the other lane which would still give another vehicle enough room to pass. 

The Highway Code (I’m not trying to be a dick, I know everyone bends all sorts of rules on the road) will tell you that you should be crossing the white lines before overtaking a bike, as you would with a car.

Completely agree with this. I have no intention of having a dick-measuring contest when I’m on my bike with cars that could kill me up my arse. If I think I’m causing too much disruption to the road I will just pull up on the grass verge and let people past.

Inconsiderate dog owners. If it doesn't come to heel when called, keep the fucking thing on a leash.

Nothing worse than some daft dug breenjing at you when you're out running, only to be told "it's alright he won't touch you".

I think you'll find he already has and I've had to stop to avoid falling over the fucking thing.

1 hour ago, eddiemunster said:

Inconsiderate dog owners. If it doesn't come to heel when called, keep the fucking thing on a leash.

Nothing worse than some daft dug breenjing at you when you're out running, only to be told "it's alright he won't touch you".

I think you'll find he already has and I've had to stop to avoid falling over the fucking thing.

"It's alright, he's friendly"

Well I'm not, you fucking useless c**t.

As a dog owner myself, I agree with you.

Ahem. Speed limit for HGVs on a ‘60’ is 40mph in Scotland.
https://www.gov.uk/speed-limits

6 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Pff I like when a daft big dug comes bounding up to me

First one here is a beauty although the rest are pretty tame. I love seeing people getting wiped out by dogs. Not enough of it about IMO.

Pff I like when a daft big dug comes bounding up to me

So do I but my dog gets scared of other dogs running at her and it’s quite irritating when people have no Control over their dog.

Last weekend she growled at a dog twice her size to get him to f**k off and he went for her. I had to pick her up while this dog jumped at her and the owner did next to f**k all.

So do I but my dog gets scared of other dogs running at her and it’s quite irritating when people have no Control over their dog.

Last weekend she growled at a dog twice her size to get him to f**k off and he went for her. I had to pick her up while this dog jumped at her and the owner did next to f**k all.
It never ceases to amaze me how some dog owners have no control over their dogs or even worse they don't seem to have a basic understanding of dog psychology, a dogs body language tells you everything, knowing this stuff is a basic requirement, i've always said there should be a test you need to pass before you get a dog, as a dog walker i regularly walk a group of 6 dogs all off leash in the parks and never had any issues they all listen and i can read a situation before it happens and take the appropriate action.

Archived