Celtic v Aberdeen, Scottish Cup Semi Final

Flybhoy

My predicted Hampden team
Lewis
Ball-Considine-McKenna-Lowe
Ferguson-Gleeson
McLennan-May-McGinn
Cosgrove

It’s this, or it’s Campbell in for May, make it more of a 4-3-3.

Looking forward to McInnes going with this though:

Lewis
Halford-Devlin-McKenna-Considine
McGinn-Ball-Ferguson-Lowe
Wilson-Cosgrove

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's no chance Halford will play, and I think McInnes will know that he would be on a hiding to nothing if we didn't win and he had dropped McLennan.

It's not necessarily what I would do, but I think McInnes will go: 

Lewis

Ball - Considine - McKenna - Lowe

Ferguson - Campbell

McLennan - Stewart - McGinn

Cosgrove

Personally, I'd prefer Ball to be in midfield with Shinnie out, but we would have needed Halford to get at least two or three full games under his belt at right-back before considering that. 

There's no chance Halford will play, and I think McInnes will know that he would be on a hiding to nothing if we didn't win and he had dropped McLennan.
Lewis
Ferguson - Campbell
Cosgrove
Personally, I'd prefer Ball to be in midfield with Shinnie out, but we would have needed Halford to get at least two or three full games under his belt at right-back before considering that. 

Think you are right. That’s the most likely line up. Can’t see DM throwing anyone in who hasn’t started last couple of games.

However, if he did:

May to replace Stewart for his energy.

And a real curve ball....

Devlin at RB to move Ball into MF and replace Campbell.

2 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

A bet on Caley beating Hearts, Aberdeen beating Celtic and then Caley beating Aberdeen in the cup final gives you £4,000 from a £5 stake.  ;)

Or, translated for those not familiar with gambling accumulators, you bet £5 and will lose a total of five pounds.

Just now, Flybhoy said:

Or, translated for those not familiar with gambling accumulators, you bet £5 and will lose a total of five pounds.

Celtic beating Hearts in the final wins you £17.40.

Hearts beating Celtic in the final gets you £45

Aberdeen beating Hearts in the final wins you £303.

Aberdeen beating us in the final gets you £1680, almost a very staunch bet for our new CEO.

Celtic beating us in the final gets you £96.

Caley beating Celtic in the final gets you £1042.

Clearly this shows that Caley beating Hearts then beating Aberdeen in the final is the best bet because you get the most return!  This has been my gambling tutorial, thanks for tuning in.

Lewis
Ferguson - Campbell
Cosgrove

That would be a disaster. Stewart would offer next to nothing in terms of pressing and defending from the front, and Campbell and Ferguson don’t have the discipline (yet) to patrol in front of the defence. We’d need either May in front of them or Gleeson in with them in a more straight 4-3-3 to have any chance IMO. Keep Stewart on the bench in case they go down to 10 or something.

The heads gone on here from the sheep because Shinnie and Logan are out is magic.
They know Aberdeen need their best players on the park to have a chance.
After about 3 or 4 season McInnes has fixed the left back problem now they have a right back problem.
Lowe is much better than Considine plus the only player that could cause Celtic any problems for me is McLennan.
Ferguson needs to step up and full Shinnie's shoe's if he doesn't the sheep will get overrun in the middle.
For me a comfortable win for Celtic by 2 or 3 hopefully an early goal.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Magees attempts being sophisticated by citing Brahma, Superbock and Rose wine is easily the best thing* about this thread. Fucking hell.

*Until the Dons dish out a fisting and end the treble treble.

Correct

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Magees attempts being sophisticated by citing Brahma, Superbock and Rose wine is easily the best thing* about this thread. Fucking hell.

*Until the Dons dish out a fisting and end the treble treble.

He’s quite the connes... connesu...conessui..,

alky.

The heads gone on here from the sheep because Shinnie and Logan are out is magic.
After about 3 or 4 season McInnes has fixed the left back problem now they have a right back problem.
Lowe is much better than Considine plus the only player that could cause Celtic any problems for me is McLennan.
Ferguson needs to step up and full Shinnie's shoe's if he doesn't the sheep will get overrun in the middle.

Heads gone?

30 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Heads gone? 

Ball isn't great but has probably been at least as good as Logan has been this season so no particular right back problem at the moment.

Archived