Clyde vs Annan

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone know what got Currie sent off for? Get that right up Annan! 

Annan player (muir I think) had a hold of Currie’s leg and wouldn’t let go. Currie was shouting for the ref to notice but nothing was being done so he swung his leg forward to try and get it free and in doing so kicked the Annan boy in the head I believe. If linesman was watching the full situation play out then I think it should’ve been a Clyde free kick for the holding but then also a red card for Currie for kicking out.

That is why you go and watch live football! What a finish

Even after a pretty poor second half we still deserved the win. Annan created very few clear chances and Goodwillie should have had a hat trick (again).

I didn't see the full Currie incident but when the ball was originally played in he came off his line but didn't get there. Behind him an Annan player ended up of the ground, and Currie appeared to trip over him trying to get back to his line which I assumed started it all.

As for Annan - fucking hammer throwers. I really like watching a physical team, and respect a side like Peterhead who can fight it out with the best of them, but Annan are just so cynical. Nothing to be appreciated there.

ETA: I though Rumsby and Grant were brilliant defensively today.

Annan are undeniably a physical team but they're a good side as well. Murphy takes a lot of credit for their improvement over the course of the season. They'll be a real handful in the play-offs and I'd rather play Edinburgh to be honest. The main complaint I had today was Swinglehurst needlessly sticking a shoulder into Goodwillie; I'm not even convinced it was a yellow card but it was completely unnecessary. That and Wallace trying to referee the game for which he was eventually booked. 

I thought we edged the first half slightly in terms of chances; Goodwillie had a fair few. Annan had a shot from Johnston that was well saved, and the same player also had an effort across goal that Smith just missed, put off no doubt by Lang's swing and miss in front of him. 

The second half we struggled to get a foothold; as good as he has been, Banks' introduction helped Annan as he gave the ball away nearly every time he had it and he can't defend. Annan had us penned back without threatening a goal. For the second week in a row, Boyle was stripped and ready to come on and we scored, a good finish by Lamont. After that we were seeing the game out easily until the penalty/red card which I didn't see at all. Some response to go on and win it, ironically from a long throw-in. Great desire from Goodwillie to win the throw, and from the whole team to throw everyone forward.

Another fantastic day at Broadwood this season from a team who are developing an aggression and tenacity to go with their ability. No more so than McStay and Grant who are now able to negate the absence of Nicoll. Those two and Cuddihy were our best three. 

38 minutes ago, haufdaft said:
1 hour ago, Adolfo Rios said:
Muir has a hold of Currie’s foot, Currie fell Muir rolls around ground, penalty. Blatant cheating.

That's what I saw but doubted my own eyes.

That's also what Danny Lennon says happened, and he says we shall appeal.

I thought Lennon picked the team perfectly. Firstly by bringing in Lamont in for Boyle; the right thing in any event but especially on account of Annan's physicality. Same goes for Duffie's introduction, for the same reasons. And if I'm honest, I couldn't say keeping McNiff in was the wrong thing. The whole arrangement made our line just like m'uncle Walter used to play: four big lads right across. McNiff is Papac: a centre-half who's awkward as a full-back and will even undermine the team's defensive solidity from time to time, but there's enough about the team to stop it resulting in defeats. Crucially, he's chipping in with goals which you simply couldn't argue Stewart would've scored. Having a side which is good in the air in all corners of the pitch counts for a lot; you might even say that sheer height trades at an inflated price in our game. What's McNiff on for the season now, 10? A good few of which've been decisive.

It's been vindicating coming back these past two games to see Lang in the middle of the line where he belongs, Duffie on the right ditto and, more than all of that, to see the prominence McStay's been able to rise to in Nicoll's absence; a very predictable thing. The midfield now, especially with Rankin being deployed somewhat differently than he was at the start of the season, is a phenonmenally good one. Sure, it still needs its numercial advantage (5) to compete, but it competes superbly at that. And the sheer ability it contains... Nobody but Peterhead could claim to be as good at moving the ball about in there as we are.

I wrote a few weeks back - prior to the points deduction...! - that we were grinding out results like champions. If we get those games replayed, I think we'd win them and the league in the end up.

55 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Goodwillies and Swinglehursts faces. Fucking brilliant 

Screenshot_20190323-191024_Twitter.thumb.jpg.b081848ef903489d27a62d783a665404.jpg

...and the Annan team bus in the background, warming up for them to go home empty-handed.

Still celebrating. Enjoyed the way the guys showed their feelings at that goal. Same feelings all around me and the looks on all they Annan thugs’ mugs made my day.

IMG_1553372154.308671.jpg

Going by the Stats on today’s game. Looks like Clyde were the “Thugs”.

Archived